Menu

2022 edition ~ Have you encountered a unique gift? Post it here...

Kareni

Today's finds are beverage related ~

To keep your hands warm while drinking ~ Snuggle mugs (you can see an assortment here)

For the beer aficionado who is interested in soil color

And one must have coasters ~

How about this elegant option?!

Or, for the bird lover, these.

For the anatomist

Then there is this curious option!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:41 AM, Kareni said:

Today's finds ~

This is charming: Dachshund Wooden Puzzle

And here is a True Nerd Necklace

Regards,

Kareni

That necklace led me to a great shop I've now bookmarked and will explore tomorrow when I have time; I already see several options I might get for various folks. (one of the three-way ones would be perfect for my boys for keychains, which is one of the options, and as stocking stuffers for them...). 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Kareni said:

Today's finds are beverage related ~

To keep your hands warm while drinking ~ Snuggle mugs (you can see an assortment here)

For the beer aficionado who is interested in soil color

And one must have coasters ~

How about this elegant option?!

Or, for the bird lover, these.

For the anatomist

Then there is this curious option!

Regards,

Kareni

Okay, the bird ones made me LOL!!! DH is becoming a birder, and actually would find those hilarious.....those may end up in his stocking as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kareni said:

@TheReader, I would certainly like to know the store you found and what you choose to order if you are inclined to share.

Regards,

Kareni

oh, the same shop that you linked, just I clicked into the shop and found different necklaces that worked great. I'll come back and link the specific one I was thinking of....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kareni said:

@TheReader, I would certainly like to know the store you found and what you choose to order if you are inclined to share.

Regards,

Kareni

Astronomy Set necklace -- my 3 boys are symbolized by sun, moon, and stars so I thought this split into keychains (as I doubt they'll wear necklaces) would be fun for their stockings/small gifts for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kareni said:

Today's find would be a lovely gift for someone who likes both New York and medieval art ~

See here

The company also has some posters of other places such as Paris, London, Mumbai, Texas, Central Park, Brooklyn, and more; however, these are all colorful day views.

Regards,

Kareni

I got the Paris print for my Dd! Thanks!

• Like 2

@Kareni the anatomy gifts post led me to a few possibilities for a father/son friends of ours who just did a liver transplant (living donor, son to father) -- thank you! 

This Mug or Ornament

or

This Puzzle (they are a puzzle-doing family, but I wish it was just the liver....)

Also probably snagging the math travel mug for my very hard to shop for stepmom, and maybe the chemistry socks for DH....(maybe also for DS's chem teacher for an end of year gift.....)

@retiredHSmom your link had a light kit for one of (and probably more, i'm still searching) Oldest's winter village items, which we had wished had lights, and now...problem solved! 

thank you both!! 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 5

Today's finds are some attractive games ~

For a mere £795,000.00/over a million US dollars, we have this mahjong set consisting of solid blocks of Tanzanian ruby plus 1000 Burmese rubies and 300 top quality diamonds. You can see it here.

The above set has 144 tiles which means that those of us who play National League mah jongg can't use it; our version has eight additional jokers so needs a set of 152 tiles. Here is a beautiful American made set at a far more affordable $4000.

How about an alabaster tic-tac-toe set for $1770?

Or PENNSYLVANIA CHERRY BACKGAMMON BOARD  for $1100?

This Otrio Inventor's Edition: Walnut (Luxe Aluminum Ring Set) at $110 starts to sound quite affordable!

This game at $60 looks and sounds good: Canvas.

And this gameHnefatafl Viking Chess Set, looks attractive, too. It's just under $40.

I'll recommend Quarto at $38.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today's finds ~

Thinking of redoing your kitchen? Look at all the wonderful colors!

Other colorful kitchen finds ~

A cute Peanuts mini-fridge (only $2,000)

A toaster (a tad pricy at $850!)

A more affordable toaster, air-fryer, cofee maker, and kettle

A bright hand mixer

A colorful and affordable option for decorating a dishwasher (many designs)

A fun coffee maker

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

Help wanted - I’m looking for a t shirt to commemorate dh’s heart surgery. I don’t want one of those shirts with iron-on decals that are so common now. I want one where the design is printed onto the shirt. Ashirt, but a t shirt would be great, but a regular t shirt is fine, too. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TechWife said:

Help wanted - I’m looking for a t shirt to commemorate dh’s heart surgery. I don’t want one of those shirts with iron-on decals that are so common now. I want one where the design is printed onto the shirt. Ashirt, but a t shirt would be great, but a regular t shirt is fine, too. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

This one is print vs iron on. Definitely masculine. I love the humor.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/712343784/open-heart-surgery-shirt-original-body?ref=sim_anchor

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Costco has bottles of gin liquor with edible gold flecks in the shape of a snow globe.  It also lights up.  This is a lot of weird things to do to a bottle of gin.  My coworker gave it to our boss.  The second I saw it I knew what we were getting for my husband’s stepdad.  

I was making the Costco list with my brother and told him “gin in a snow globe that lights up” and he was was like “what now?” Then I said who it was for and he instantly understood.  🙃

• Like 5
  • Haha 2