Menu

2022 edition ~ Have you encountered a unique gift? Post it here...

Kareni

57 minutes ago, MercyA said:

bacteriophage planter, because why not?

That looks surprisingly spiderish to me!

58 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I also like planters with stairs:

Minimalist Stairs

Hedgehog Family Stairs

Those are charming!

When you mentioned stairs, I thought immediately of Escher. Here is a hoodie with one of his designs. And who knew there were stairs earrings?!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MercyA said:

People Planters on Etsy! The Reader or The Coffee Drinker.

or this Scottish Highland Cow or bacteriophage planter, because why not?

For some reason I also like planters with stairs:

Minimalist Stairs

Hedgehog Family Stairs

OMG the Hedgehog Family Stairs is like Brambly Hedge imbedded in a flower pot. I can't tell you how important this is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you enjoy escape room style puzzle games... these are great... inexpensive fun themes. Completely able to pass along to other players when you're done. 

https://grandgamersguild.com/collections/holiday-hijinks

I got the Kringle Caper last year, when it arrived I was like "what is this tiny box? I'm not sure this will be any good' but we were pleasantly surprised and bought and played  all the others (except the new Groundhog day one, that will be in somebody's stocking this year!) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

For someone who loves vintage Nintendo games AND stained glass, check out these leadlights:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/691884147/retro-stained-glass-video-game?click_key=f7952ac03a2018676d4cfe14a71e59c4b4ec0fcc%3A691884147&click_sum=ff61dba9&ref=shop_home_recs_1

and other geeky stained glass:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/stainedglassgeek?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=691884147

Priced from $94 to $815.

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I was looking for a book on Furoshiki and landed in a pile of cute cloths on Amazon including this one . I found the big assortment when I typed in Furoshiki in the amazon search bar, but the website seems happy to show you related products when you look at that individual item.

Since we usually wrap gifts in reusable cloths, I'm thinking of getting a couple of special ones for my kids and making the wrapping cloth part of the gift.

BTW, the book I was looking for is this one, which I had out of the library and really enjoyed. I might buy it for myself. Or maybe someone will look at my browsing history and get a clue (lol, like anyone else in the family thinks of doing that without REALLY BIG HINTS). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, theelfqueen said:

If you enjoy escape room style puzzle games... these are great... inexpensive fun themes. Completely able to pass along to other players when you're done. 

https://grandgamersguild.com/collections/holiday-hijinks

I got the Kringle Caper last year, when it arrived I was like "what is this tiny box? I'm not sure this will be any good' but we were pleasantly surprised and bought and played  all the others (except the new Groundhog day one, that will be in somebody's stocking this year!) 

@theelfqueen     @happi duck    I'm considering either these hijinks or the journal29 puzzles.  What are your thoughts of how fun &doable they are for 2 (puzzle-savvy) people?   Would they be fun and doable at that number or do they require a larger group to bounce ideas/complete puzzles?

I'd appreciate any thoughts you (or others who've played them) have.  TIA!

Vicki

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VickiMNE said:

@theelfqueen     @happi duck    I'm considering either these hijinks or the journal29 puzzles.  What are your thoughts of how fun &doable they are for 2 (puzzle-savvy) people?   Would they be fun and doable at that number or do they require a larger group to bounce ideas/complete puzzles?

Vicki

Regarding Journal 29: here four adults (who all like puzzles and are persistent) worked together but I think any of us could have done it alone or in pairs.  Some were quick, some quick to know what kind of answer we needed but challenging to get the answer, some were challenging in general.  There is a hint forum.

Because Journal 29 is a book it was a little tricky logistically with four people.  We ended up taking photos instead of trying to pass the book back and forth.  Two people could easily sit next to each other and share the book.

In short, I think it would be fun for two puzzle people!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, VickiMNE said:

Vicki

We've done the Hijinks with 3 or 4 mostly, though we did the Valentine one with just 2 of us and that worked well. I think they're very suitable to two. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kareni said:

Today's finds are affordable and look like fun ~

The Reverse Coloring Book

Color in Reverse

Regards,

Kareni

Kareni, I love the Color in Reverse idea!!  Great gift idea!

here are some finds....

Viking T-shirts:  They have some great Raven shirts, wolves, celtic-like designs and some hilariously dark Krampus-christmas shirts!

Raven Flow shirt

Midnight Krampus shirt

Loading..Krampus shirt. - not as scary looking imho....I kind of find the whole idea of a culture scaring the crap out of children funny now, in mid-life!!  I'm going to get this not so scary version for my B-I-L. 

Harlow & Loyd - some very cute boots;

Sunflower Artiste boots, for my sunflower loving kid

Peace & Passion combat boots- a little more edgy

For bird or England lovers-

Farthing English bird coin charm

or an Irish Rabbit coin charm for a rabbit lover.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Kareni - Thanks for those tshirt links. I found a tshirt for my son with blade types on it (he loves to watch a smithing competition show on TV)...and then a mushroom growing kit for my dd, and then a couple more tshirts...and some coffee mugs for dh. Well, that's Christmas pretty much done!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, EmilyGF said:

Hot water bottle with hand pockets

I could definitely appreciate that right now! 

When my daughter was four, her favorite Christmas gift was a hot water bottle of her own. (Prior to that time, we'd used one to pre-warm her bed so she knew what it was.) This company has some fun designs for children's hot water bottles.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3