Menu

Do you have bed sheets that you love?

Just Kate

Wamsutta DreamZone sheets from Bed Bath and Beyond.  100% long staple cotton.  Stay away from synthetic fibers - they will make you warmer.  
They come in 725 TC or 1000 TC.  Very durable.

I've also picked up some good quality sheet sets from Costco.

I've read Bamboo sheets are really good for people who sleep hot.

• Thanks 1

So, they are not cheap, but we just bought Layla sheets. DH has had a major night sweats problem since having covid in January and they were rated one of the best "cooling" sheets. They are great so far, but we haven't had them long enough to comment on quality over a long period of time. 

• Thanks 1

I'll be the dissenter. I asked this question not that long ago and the Target Threshold ones were recommended by many. I bought a set. They are fine. The elastic seems great. The patterns/colors available are fine. They are definitely crisp/scratchy and not soft though, which is disappointing to me. I am not a fan of crisp sheets. I want super soft.  So, I am still on the hunt for sheets.

• Like 2

I adore my soft, organic, 100% cotton sheets (Colorgrown!!!) from American Blossom Linens.  The entire supply chain for these, from plants to products, is right here in the US.  They are super soft and are wearing like iron.  

(Colorgrown means that the color in them is not from dye, but rather the cotton itself grows in that rusty tan color and is blended with natural white cotton to get the nice light rusty tan that I enjoy so much.  As a weaver, I remember the development of that colorgrown yarn back in the day, and being able to buy sheets made from it is awesome.)

26 minutes ago, Carol in Cal. said:

I adore my soft, organic, 100% cotton sheets (Colorgrown!!!) from American Blossom Linens.  The entire supply chain for these, from plants to products, is right here in the US.  They are super soft and are wearing like iron.  

(Colorgrown means that the color in them is not from dye, but rather the cotton itself grows in that rusty tan color and is blended with natural white cotton to get the nice light rusty tan that I enjoy so much.  As a weaver, I remember the development of that colorgrown yarn back in the day, and being able to buy sheets made from it is awesome.)

Can you link the exact set you love please?

3 hours ago, barnwife said:

I'll be the dissenter. I asked this question not that long ago and the Target Threshold ones were recommended by many. I bought a set. They are fine. The elastic seems great. The patterns/colors available are fine. They are definitely crisp/scratchy and not soft though, which is disappointing to me. I am not a fan of crisp sheets. I want super soft.  So, I am still on the hunt for sheets.

You know, I just looked at the Threshold sheets on the target website with the plan to purchase. I noticed some recent reviewers saying that the sheets had changed and no longer feel as soft as they used to feel. I wonder if the sheets are made with different materials now? 

8 hours ago, barnwife said:

5 hours ago, Just Kate said:

You know, I just looked at the Threshold sheets on the target website with the plan to purchase. I noticed some recent reviewers saying that the sheets had changed and no longer feel as soft as they used to feel. I wonder if the sheets are made with different materials now? 

I have one set of Threshold sheets that were purchased pre-pandemic for DS's bed. So probably sometime in 2019. And I agree with @barnwife-- they're sturdy but certainly wouldn't win any awards for softness. DS says they're fine, but I wouldn't choose them for my bed

Edited by Pawz4me

I like our sheets from Target, they stay reasonably cool and they’ve always lasted years. I guess I always cover my skin when I sleep so maybe I haven’t taken softness into the same consideration as others might though.

For winter, I bought DS thick fleece sheets (also Target) that are amazing. He likes them so much he took the pillowcase and top sheet to university with him, they are so comforting and soft as can be. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmasc said:

Thanks @Carol in Cal.! It looks like they are out of that set, unfortunately. 😞 I wonder if it’s temporary?? They have the other kind in stock though. 

The white ones are the same quality and still organic.  I just, as a weaver who bought that color grown yarn years ago when it was first developed, was very excited to see it in organic sheets!  

I’m sure the color grown ones will come back in stock, they are a core product.

• Like 1