Menu

Another person gone from covid

Elizabeth86

My niece’s boyfriend was hospitalized for covid pneumonia and he died last night. He was 35 years old. This is horrible. I don’t know his vaccination status. I hate this virus. Guys this isn’t an old person, when will people wake up and realize how serious this is??

ETA: apparently he had 2 doses of vaccine. 😢

Edited by Elizabeth86
  • Sad 54

I am so sorry for your loss. And like you, I wonder when or even if the half of our population in denial will wake up. I suspect not. I think this is going to have to cycle through with 1-1.5 million people dead, tens of millions with long covid, healthcare totally broken beyond recognition, and the economy 100% wrecked before an not insignificant portion for the people will have their lightbulb moment.

Again, so very sorry!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

I am so sorry for your loss. And like you, I wonder when or even if the half of our population in denial will wake up. I suspect not. I think this is going to have to cycle through with 1-1.5 million people dead, tens of millions with long covid, healthcare totally broken beyond recognition, and the economy 100% wrecked before an not insignificant portion for the people will have their lightbulb moment.

Again, so very sorry!

I agree. It’s unreal. I only met her boyfriend once, but I do feel so sorry for her.

I'm sorry.

I think a lot of folks forget (or never knew?) that the index case in Italy was an otherwise healthy 38yo. My DH's theory is that not enough people are dying at once for people to wise up--it's just this slow tide that never stops.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, desertflower said:

Oh that’s awful. So sorry for her loss. 

I agree. It’s going to take someone losing someone close before people will wake up. Even then, some people will deny it’s covid. They will think it’s just pneumonia or something else. 

Your so right. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

Oh I am so sorry.  Just saw on the news in my state still only 56% fully vaxxed.  

I hate this virus too.

I don’t know about our state as I think the numbers are good, but my area of the state is terrible. Our local hospital is a part of something like 20 hospitals in our region and within that area only 45.3 % is fully vaccinated.

• Sad 1

I'm so sorry. I drove past some very crowded stores on Friday and when I looked inside, masks were few and far between.  

I miss shopping in stores so much, but it's just not worth it to me now. I wish people would at least be a little more careful. I don't begrudge them wanting to shop on Black Friday, but I can't help but wonder if there will be a huge surge in Covid numbers by this time next week because of the size of the crowds and the lack of masks. 😞 

• Like 4

I’m sorry. 
I have to be honest when I’m frustrated, I occasionally wonder (not seriously) if we would have been better to let it rip for a bit then maybe people wouldn’t be in denial and it would have killed less in the long run.  I don’t really think that. It just seems like there’s no answers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

I'm so sorry. I drove past some very crowded stores on Friday and when I looked inside, masks were few and far between.  

I miss shopping in stores so much, but it's just not worth it to me now. I wish people would at least be a little more careful. I don't begrudge them wanting to shop on Black Friday, but I can't help but wonder if there will be a huge surge in Covid numbers by this time next week because of the size of the crowds and the lack of masks. 😞 

I guarantee there will be a surge. Things might look better in the spring if we are lucky.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Cat, I totally agree with you about a surge because of Tday and BF. It was i.n.s.a.n.e. out there Friday just from the pictures posted on social media, and no masks in sight in a county with only 40% fully vaxed, and another 5% with one shot.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, desertflower said:

I agree. It’s going to take someone losing someone close before people will wake up. Even then, some people will deny it’s covid. They will think it’s just pneumonia or something else. 

@Elizabeth86 I am sorry for your and your loved ones loss. 

@desertflower

Not denying that people are dying. 

Many of us are similarly waiting for the majority of people to wake up and understand that the jabs do not work to stop infection, transmission, nor even in many cases severe illness. 

But even losing someone close who is fully vaccinated or seeing robust young footballers keeling over on the pitch - sometimes videotaped - seems to do nothing to wake people up to the jabs being neither as effective nor as safe as generally claimed.

(And  Imo a response to your post like this is no more “political” than your own post.   It has seemed for a long time that WTM allows “political” posts as long as they are on the side that WTM and the majority of its moderators support. )

The bird pic is intended for emotional and spiritual uplift, the other two for content. 

I am not sure there is actually significantly more Covid with more people vaxxed  as the drawing shows - but as the map shows it isn’t significantly lessening as expected.  

Season and geography seem more important than jab rate.

7 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

My niece’s boyfriend was hospitalized for covid pneumonia and he died last night. He was 35 years old. This is horrible. I don’t know his vaccination status. I hate this virus. Guys this isn’t an old person, when will people wake up and realize how serious this is??

ETA: apparently he had 2 doses of vaccine. 😢

image.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pen said:

@desertflower

Many of us are similarly waiting for the majority of people to wake up and understand that the jabs do not work to stop infection, transmission, nor even in many cases severe illness. 

But even losing someone close who is fully vaccinated or seeing robust young footballers keeling over on the pitch - sometimes videotaped - seems to do nothing to wake people up to the jabs being neither as effective nor as safe as generally claimed. 

https://rumble.com/vpw1y9-the-covid-vaccines-were-designed-to-fail.html

(And  Imo a response to your post like this is no more “political” than your own post.   It has seemed for a long time that WTM allows “political” posts as long as they are on the side that WTM and the majority of its moderators support. )

The bird pic is just for some uplift

I am not sure there is actually significantly more Covid with more people vaxxed  as the drawing shows - but as the map shows it isn’t significantly lessening as expected.  

image.png

image.png

My post was not political.  If it was please report it and another moderator will handle it.

1 minute ago, desertflower said:

My post was not political.  If it was please report it and another moderator will handle it.

I did not find your post unreasonably “political”. My comment was because sometimes it seems that one person makes a post and then someone commenting with a dissenting view is accused of being “political”.   So that these forums end up being a one sided echo chamber. If some  moderator finds mine objectionable they should look at yours too.  

Just now, Pen said:

I did not find your post unreasonably “political”. My comment was because sometimes it seems that one person makes a post and then someone commenting with a dissenting view is accused of being “political”.   So that these forums end up being a one sided echo chamber. If some  moderator finds mine objectionable they should look at yours too.  

They will look at my post.  Someone has to report it first.  Go ahead and please report it. 

We don't go around reading every post. We have kids to teach.  If there is a post that is going against board rules, then please report it. 

Please read the board rules.  "Offending posts may be deleted. Don't use inquiries as an excuse to proselytize for anything. Answer questions that are posted but don't use these questions as an excuse to springboard into criticism."

2 minutes ago, desertflower said:

They will look at my post.  Someone has to report it first.  Go ahead and please report it. 

We don't go around reading every post. We have kids to teach.  If there is a post that is going against board rules, then please report it. 

Please read the board rules.  "Offending posts may be deleted. Don't use inquiries as an excuse to proselytize for anything. Answer questions that are posted but don't use these questions as an excuse to springboard into criticism."

wasn’t that what you initially did? Use the post to springboard into implicit criticism of views that dissent with your own?  

7 hours ago, desertflower said:

7 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Again, so very sorry!

10 minutes ago, desertflower said:

I don't need to watch the news or to post links to know I'm right.  I've experienced it first hand.  I hope and pray you don't Pen. 

I agree that half the population more or less is “in denial”  one way or the other - and by and large, each “side” is sure of being right 

sad

image.png

5 minutes ago, Pen said:

wasn’t that what you initially did? Use the post to springboard into implicit criticism of views that dissent with your own?  

I agree that half the population more or less is “in denial”  one way or the other - and by and large, each “side” is sure of being right 

sad

image.png

Uh, no. That is not what I did. I agreed with the pp. again, please feel free to report it. Rosie will handle it. 

If you can't cope with the way your very small team of unpaid moderators handle things, take it up with Susan.

Really. There's no political conspiracy amongst moderators. There are literally four people who have moderator privileges on the main boards. Most of them are very busy and none are getting paid for it. I am not even American. I'd be rubbish at American political conspiracies so I don't try.

I have said this many times before, so there is no good excuse for long time members to be unaware.

Back to the topic at hand, please.

57 minutes ago, Pen said:

3 hours ago, Pen said:

Not what I’m seeing in the ICU I’m working in. 
What I’m seeing is people dying from Covid, and almost all are not vaccinated. A very few are vaccinated. During the Covid surges we don’t even bother putting the body bags in the cupboard, we just leave them handy on the counter top. I’m sorry if that is graphic but that is what I’m experiencing. I feel beaten down and sickened by so much death. The things that you are saying @Pen are not what I am experiencing at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 17
  • Sad 11

5 minutes ago, TCB said:

Not what I’m seeing in the ICU I’m working in. 
What I’m seeing is people dying from Covid, and almost all are not vaccinated. A very few are vaccinated. During the Covid surges we don’t even bother putting the body bags in the cupboard, we just leave them handy on the counter top. I’m sorry if that is graphic but that is what I’m experiencing. I feel beaten down and sickened by so much death. The things that you are saying @Pen are not what I am experiencing at all. 

yup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Pen said:

@desertflower

The bird pic is intended for emotional and spiritual uplift, the other two for content. 

image.png

You’re leaving out the little detail of the much more highly contagious Delta variant emerging after the vaccines were developed. Also, the fact that the vast majority of people who are being hospitalized and dying are not vaccinated. Sure, there are some vaccinated ones, especially among the elderly with serious pre-existing conditions. The vaccines are not perfect, but they are an extra layer of very good protection against serious illness and death.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Pen said:

The moderators only have so much time to give for the work they do for free. And you’ve been allowed to post a great deal of misinformation and conspiracy theories over the last couple years with very little of it being removed (e.g. Biden has been replaced by a body double and it’s obvious due to careful analysis of his ears!?). So I really don’t think you have anything to come plain about when it comes to moderation.

• Like 16
  • Haha 1