Menu

What gift are you excited to give this year?

mommyoffive

Our oldest got married recently, and I am taking one of the pics and having it animefied in their favorite anime style. https://www.animefyme.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4b2MBhD2ARIsAIrcB-So0BcicOj_rPKmhQtJYN06RlAkBM_djm2BGPozzmodlEceDjWxxbcaAvFuEALw_wcB

Another kid is working on a project that requires some very pricey material. He wouldn’t even dream of asking for it, but I found some and it’s arriving tomorrow. He will be over the moon.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spryte said:

Our oldest got married recently, and I am taking one of the pics and having it animefied in their favorite anime style. https://www.animefyme.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA4b2MBhD2ARIsAIrcB-So0BcicOj_rPKmhQtJYN06RlAkBM_djm2BGPozzmodlEceDjWxxbcaAvFuEALw_wcB

Oh this is FABULOUS! Bookmarking that for future use (hmmm….graduation pics aren’t that far off…)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spryte said:

Another kid is working on a project that requires some very pricey material. He wouldn’t even dream of asking for it, but I found some and it’s arriving tomorrow. He will be over the moon.

AWWW.  The first thing is so neat!

• Like 1

My BFF giant puffy heart loves all things to do with stationary and letter writing. Someone on the master Fun Holiday Gift Ideas thread posted a link for sealing wax which led me down a rabbit trail. I found her a beautiful set with wax and a bee stamp that I think she’s going to love. I don’t think I can’t wait til December to give it to her. ❤️

And I’m pretty sure I knocked it out of the park for DS this year. I think everything is going to be a winner. Especially the Derry Girls new, modern up to date American flag I had made for him (thank you to the poster who suggested that!).

Surprises for DH, as ever, remain an enigma, but I did find him both things he requested and one was handmade instead of mass produced so I’m jazzed about that. 

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 6

I got 1dd a new kitchen aid.  She has a really old one, and it's been complaining about the unreasonableness of her expectations for its performance.  One of the things she asked for was to have it serviced.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, purpleowl said:

We are giving will-be-10yo an Aerogarden for Christmas. She has expressed a great deal of interest in indoor farming, but she has no idea it's possible to do it on a small scale. So she will be very surprised by the gift, and probably really excited as well. 🙂

That's really exciting! I have that on my list!

• Like 3

I think dd23 is getting upgraded to a Vitamix this year. She has a Ninja, but when she is home and uses my Vitamix, she notices the difference.

The other idea is getting her more items for homemade bread. Maybe some long sourdough/baguette pans. She already has the basics, these would just be for fun. 

• Like 2

🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

We're all pretty boring this year. DS asked for cologne, hoodies and pants. DD hasn't asked for anything yet, and DH has already gotten a new gaming system and a new laptop this year.

I guess the one to anticipate may be the new iPad for my mom. My brother, sister, and I are going together on it.

• Like 1

Cats tickets! Youngest really got into it this past year (not the movie) and when searching for things related to Cats I found out it was touring. I purchased tickets for both dc and ds’ fiancé, who is also a big fan. They have no idea it was even an option so they are all going to be excited. 

• Like 4

Kind of silly, but I’m excited!

Ages ago (like, more than 10 years, less than 21, can’t be sure beyond that,) I had given dh one of those Demotivational Posters that were trending at the time, whatever time that was, lol. It was actually a small framed picture for a desk. Just a few weeks back, dh realized that that was yet another thing he lost when his office burned to the ground a few months ago.

The company is no longer offering that ‘poster’ in the small frame, which was a bummer.  But I WAS able to order a whole calendar with 18 different demotivations that I handpicked for his personality/situation, including the one he lost as January’s pick.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Spryte said:

Anime wedding pictures!!! I love it. How thoughtful.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, purpleowl said:

We are giving will-be-10yo an Aerogarden for Christmas. She has expressed a great deal of interest in indoor farming, but she has no idea it's possible to do it on a small scale. So she will be very surprised by the gift, and probably really excited as well. 🙂

6 hours ago, BeachGal said:

FYI: Costco is selling at least one of the Aerogardens this year. I have one and love it! Just ordered some flower seeds to try out this winter — a small stock and a salmon-colored snapdragon.

This sounds like a great gift for my dd! Which one did you get?

• Like 1