Menu

Beach toys for teens?

ksr5377

We're gong to the beach in the first time in forever at the beginning of the summer.  Because of this I was thinking of making the Easter basket vacations themed with lots of the things the kids will use while we're gone.  We need new towels, so that's an easy start.  I am coming up with millions of ideas for the 6 and 10 year old but nothing for the 13 and 14 year old.  Should they just get sand toys as well?  I love going to the ocean, but it's something I do about once every 5-7 years, so it's not a frequent activity.  

My kids also enjoyed sand toys at that age (still do as adults!).  They also love frisbee and volleyball.  Boogie boards and kites are great ideas.  Sunglasses, lip balm with sunscreen included, sunscreen spray or lotion, caps or some kind of sun hat, rash guard, flip flops or sandals...

Edited by Kassia

At our beach, the teens are either surfing, biking, playing frisbee with a dog or sunbathing and talking. No sand toys.

Easter baskets? Sunscreen, a new pack of Bluetooth earbuds so they can listen to music, sunglasses & hat, and a brochure for a bike rental place. A kite would work, but they need a good handle because the wind can be fierce.

I have 2 teens and they still love sand towels as do anyone else we are with!  A net to catch minnows, a good shovel, a ball to throw in the water, googles, snorkel, flippers, boogie boards, and rafts are all used too.  The new snorkle/full face masks are pretty cool.

Edited by DeainUSA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Easter baskets? Sunscreen, a new pack of Bluetooth earbuds so they can listen to music, sunglasses & hat,

I like this, plus a nice towel, flip flops, and maybe put it all in a new beach bag as the Easter basket. Also a waterproof pouch for phones or devices, if they have them. 

• Like 1

We live by the beach. I think DH and DS would leave towels, sunscreen, and everything else behind before they forgot to bring this frisbee game:

https://www.amazon.com/GoSports-Tipsy-Toss-Flying-Bottle/dp/B07YYZDB32/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=tipsy+toss&qid=1615338006&sr=8-2

They seriously love it. I motivate DH to go to the beach by saying he can play. LOL!

You can also use it in your yard when you get home so it's not a total beach toy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We took 5 teens last month to the beach.  They all dug large holes- using large sand shovels with long handles. They also played ball and other stuff.  But digging holes was the favorite.  And they have to fill them back in before we leave for safety reasons.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the ideas!  The only other thing I was coming up with were beach chairs but I really don't want to invest in those for something we might do once every 5-6 years.  I shared all the fun games with my siblings and it looks like between the lot of us we'll end up with all of it there. 🙂  Thanks again!

• Like 1