Menu

Stocking stuffer ideas plz!

Murphy101

We are doing:
-Lego Mini-Figures (the mystery packs)
-Crazy Socks (themed ones, like, we bought a 4-pack of Harry Potter socks and am splitting those out among the family, so each gets his own "house" sock)
-fuzzy socks (for me, DH is getting the Lodge Socks from the sports/camping store; they're aloe infused and I love them)

Other things we've done/may do:
-those tubes of M&Ms you can find at this time of year (I"ll likely do these, for sure, as one DS was wanting a way to carry quarters for vending machines, and these are the perfect size for that)
-earbuds, if they listen to stuff
-USB/Thumb Drives 
-lip glosses -- you can get multi-packs this time of year of all sorts (Target had several different packs of the Burts Bees ones, for ex) and split out between the stockings for the girls
-chap stick/unflavored/scented lip balms for the guys
-mini flashlights
-bookmarks 
-other candy/gum items

7 hours ago, BlsdMama said:

Maybe a silly question, but where do you find these?

Target, Walmart, and sometimes some of our grocery stores have them. Usually in an end-cap near the Legos (and often times in the check-out lanes as well). 

They are mystery packs, 1 mini-fig per pack, and usually $3.99/each. Lego produces multiple 16-figure "series" each year (roughly maybe 2 series a year I think...?), and we splurge (big time) and buy 5 each for the 3 boys (this year we did 16, but we bought gobs and gobs, took them home, sorted them by feeling through the packaging to see what we had, and we *think* we've got all 16 from the series with no duplicates....which would be a first.)

Amazon has them as well, usually. The ones we got are Series 19, in a lime-green foil baggie. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BlsdMama said:

Maybe a silly question, but where do you find these?

I’m not the one who posted, but we put these in our kids’ stockings every year as well. Usually they’re available at Walmart in the LEGO aisle, but this year I got mine at GameStop. They can be ordered from LEGO shop online as well if you give yourself enough time for shipping. They do start becoming a bit harder to find this time of year as Christmas gets closer, imo.

• Like 1

• Disposable hand warmers 
  • Specialty snacks from World Market (candy and snacks from around the world) 
  • Squish animals make very cute stress balls
  • Power bank
12 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

Target has teensy jars of Nutella in their stocking stuffer section. 

brb, going to Target . . . 

• Like 2

I found out about these too late in our particular area, but maybe yourTarget or Hobby Lobby has some of these in stock?  Amazon still has some available as well.

World's Smallest

Just use the drop down menu to see what's available.  There were Rubik's cube, Lite Brite, GloWorm, TinkerToys, etc.  Trying to find these for my boys right now.  

Edited by readinmom
more info
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, matrips said:

Kids this year are getting good shoe shining brushes and polish.

Bought both boys a shoe shine kit one year, but don't think they ever used them.  They wear tennies most of the time.  sigh

Life Savers, snack mix, jerky, nail files or clippers, got the women make up brushes and sponges one year. Toiletries.  Those carabiner clips in the sports section, duct tape, office supplies, hair brush or comb, small tools.

Edited by Tina

• 2 weeks later...

Update! The hits!

i bought mini tactical flashlights off amazon for 4 of them and they were envied by all. 

carabingers for their various ID/security badges were also a big hit. 

putty of various colors and kinds

and the logic puzzle toys

pens that double as a stylus

and for the non-tech younger ones, those pens that have 5-6 different pens in one.

• Like 3