Menu

Do you like salami type sausage?

DawnM

Over the holidays, we were given 3 pounds of salami, cheeses, and crackers.  I ended up taking them as a platter to three different parties.  

But what I found was that the salami always got gobbled up but the cheese and crackers barely were touched.

Tonight I need to take something to a potluck and I am out of salami, so that won't work.  I am so tired I just don't have it in me to prep anything.

• Like 1

I like many salamis, but not all.  If they're sweet or too hot, then no.

The cheese and crackers that tend to come with those sets I'm not fond of at all, so your experience doesn't surprise me in the least.

I like good cheeses - left out to be at room temperature.  Gouda, Muenster, and Havarti are often favorites when I take cheese and crackers places, along with Club crackers (can use others, but Club seems to be the most popular).

• Like 1

I love salami!  But I also love cheese and crackers, so I probably would have been making little open faced sandwiches with all 3 and eating them proportionately.

This! But Creekland has a good point about the quality of the cheeses in some of these kinds of sets, so if that's how they were given to you, it's definitely possible that that's a cause of the disparity. 

• Like 2

Every now and then I like a bit of summer sausage on a charcuterie tray. But it is too easy to eat, despite how unhealthy it feels to eat it! So, I don't often buy it.

Not sure why it gets eaten more than the cheese, I like them in equal proportions.

This is me. I pick out our meats and cheeses individually. Our grocery store has a cheesemonger and so they have a decent selection.

I'm not even sure what's in salami :D

I worked in a meat market/deli for a year in high school.  Trust the adage. You don't want to know. To this day, I pause before buying anything with ground meat.btw, I  do like salamii--buon gusto is my favorite Italian style..