Menu

Chrysalisacademy-anyone know how they are doing

Nemom

Aww, thank you for checking on us. I haven't had a lot of headspace and haven't really been present anywhere but the book thread, so thanks to Sadie for pointing me to this thread.

It's a struggle. Every day. She has stopped getting worse, I think, but isn't getting better near as fast as we'd like. We've done some abx but her gut was so shredded it was hard, and she had immediate and constant yeast infections on abx. We're on a break from that, doing a pretty intensive herbal therapy (Buhner) and other diet & supplement related stuff - lots of healthy fats, avoiding grains & other starches & dairy, using a lot of anti-inflammatory nutrients and focusing on healing her gut.  Everyone is advising her to exercise more than she is, she's severely deconditioned, but she has so much joint, muscle and nerve pain that it's hard. She's feeling kind of depressed at the moment, and so am I, frankly. It's not compassion fatigue, but it's caretaking fatigue for sure. 

She's not really doing school at all at this point, but she is still working on her novel and other writing projects. She got a 1st Runner Up prize/award in a Write the World contest, and her novel is close to being done. All her intellectual energy is poured into her writing and it's keeping her afloat, so I'm glad she has that. She really struggles with brain fog, fatigue, etc. so she doesn't have a lot of spoons for more than that, but it's important.

Anyway, we're plugging along and trying to stay focused on what is important. And keep the rest of our lives afloat too. I'm really tired and kind of in a funk today, I'm sure I'll be more upbeat in a few days.

Thanks for checking on us, it means a lot.  :grouphug:

• Like 20

Hugs from another Lymie Mom. Caregiving is exhausting, and Lyme is so complicated. The Buhner protocol has good results for many people. Keep plugging away and remain hopeful. My daughter is ten months into her diagnosis and starting to make some positive progress. I understand where you are and what you’re going through.

• Like 2

Hugs from another Lymie Mom. Caregiving is exhausting, and Lyme is so complicated. The Buhner protocol has good results for many people. Keep plugging away and remain hopeful. My daughter is ten months into her diagnosis and starting to make some positive progress. I understand where you are and what you’re going through.

Thank you, that is really encouraging to hear. Progress is slow, and non-linear, so sometimes it is hard to see, and to have faith that the path you are on will lead you where you need to be. I'm happy that your dd is starting to make progress.  :grouphug:

• Like 1