Menu

The Sheriff was here at 7:30 a.m.

CONGRATS!!!! This is especially meaningful to me...we are preparing for a foster/adopt as we speak! Can you tell me more about your story?

He arrived less than 12 hours after a phone call from the caseworker looking for a placement during the holidays. I was napping. Dh took the call. We'd been praying about another child and we'd even made a list of names. His name was the name we'd chosen--it's an unusual name and so DH was surprised to hear it. He asked if he could call her back in 15 min.

He woke me up from my holiday nap, "Honey, I think I just had a baby."

Huh?!

"A little boy. His name is _______. "

When, where is he?

He arrived with the caseworker the following morning, on New Year's Eve. He was 4 months old. He was very sick. Shortly after his arrival I spent a week by his side at the hospital. He had a bout of RSV.

He turned 3 in August and shortly he will be able to rightly call himself by our last name, although he already has since the moment he could speak.

He arrived less than 12 hours after a phone call from the caseworker looking for a placement during the holidays. I was napping. Dh took the call. We'd been praying about another child and we'd even made a list of names. His name was the name we'd chosen--it's an unusual name and so DH was surprised to hear it. He asked if he could call her back in 15 min.

He woke me up from my holiday nap, "Honey, I think I just had a baby."

Huh?!

"A little boy. His name is _______. "

When, where is he?

He arrived with the caseworker the following morning, on New Year's Eve. He was 4 months old. He was very sick. Shortly after his arrival I spent a week by his side at the hospital. He had a bout of RSV.

He turned 3 in August and shortly he will be able to rightly call himself by our last name, although he already has since the moment he could speak.

Thank you for sharing your story. How wonderful.

That's so awesome! And don't you know it's a thrill for the sheriff to serve papers like *that* every once in a while. :D

He did have a big grin, bent down and put my son on his knee and they both posed for THE picture. I didn't think about how this must have gotten his day off to a good start. Someone actually happy to see him. :001_smile:

I wonder what our neighbors thought. . . . gee huge family, tons of african american kids, homeschooling. . . . some damage control might be in order there.