Menu

Happy March 1st...what are you hoping for this month?

gaillardia

It's almost spring! :party: After more than a year of unfortunate events and dumb circumstances, we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping for a home of our own again, better job for dh, our stuff out of storage, a yard, and my kids feeling like they are HOME again.

• Like 2

Income tax to be efiled successfully without a computer glitch on IRS side :)

Better health, less sneezing for everyone including all the sneezing people at hubby's office.

Better night sleep for everyone

My kids are hoping for cooler but still sunny days. It has been sunburn hot here.

I have to check when spring actually starts :) my unofficial start of spring is Chinese New Year, summer when local schools start summer break.

• Like 2

I get to see my boys this month.   :party:

If I add Feb 29th as an honorary March day, it will be all three boys in one month.  That hasn't happened in a year and 8 months (but who's counting...)!

By the time we get back home, I expect spring to be there waiting for us... ;)  so garden planting, pleasant outdoor walks, and similar things should be happening.

Spring is my favorite season.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 3

It's all about jobs here.

I'm cautiously optimistic that I may have good news about my own employment situation in the next day or two, which would be a huge relief. As I've shared elswhere, I'm not the primary breadwinner. In fact, my income is a drop in the bucket compared to my husband's salary. But, over the last year, we have come to depend on my paychecks to cover most of my son's college expenses that aren't taken care of by scholarships and such and still allow us enough breathing room for occasional meals out and other treats. Since I quit one of my part-time jobs in January, right around the same time hours got scarce on the schedule of my other primary gig, our budget has gotten increasingly slender. So, in addition to the fact that I just feel like the time is right for a move to something more like a "real job," an infusion of cash would be very, very welcome right about now. I think I'm close to landing in good situation, but I'll breath a whole lot easier when/if I get an actual, official offer.

This will also be the first year that we have really insisted our son get a job while he's home for the summer. (He did work a bit last year, but it was very temporary and with very few hours.) So, I'm helping/nudging/prodding him along to get started on his search and applications.

It's his 18th birthday this month, too. We had a wonderful idea for a gift that we had to back off from because we couldn't afford it. (See the paragraph about my job situation.) So, we are now in drop-back-and-punt territory, trying to figure out what to do to make this special without a lot of room for extras in our budget. I guess I'm hoping for inspiration.

• Like 5

I am just hoping I get it at all done this month! We have two birthdays (including our first foray into the teenage years...yikes!), and my middle daughter is being confirmed, all within five days. Plus Holy Week, Easter and St. Patrick's Day...come April, I'm going to need a nap!

• Like 2

That school goes well for everyone here.  (three of us in college classes, one in just high school classes).  

That my dh gets some relief from his particularly long and bad flare up of chronic pain.  (he has it constantly, but the past few months have been worse than usual).

That my two younger get the driving thing cemented.

• Like 2

For it to be over! DD is in a homeschool drama troupe and the play is on the 19th.  I have to help the whole week before with food, I am the meal manager and have to do the shopping, I have committee members that are helping with prep, but it will just be a lot of work, money out of my pocket until I get reimbursed (which is not a huge deal, but always seems to take forever) so I'll be ready for the month to be over!Then I can focus on prom & graduation!

• Like 2

I'd love some fresh new business to come my way, plus working on my business to make it more efficient.

One side effect of the warmish winter we've had is that weeds have gotten an early start. Time to begin dealing with them and add a layer of mulch to all the beds.

Kick my walking habit into a more consistent gear.

Some family time planned for the middle of the month.

Happy March!

• Like 2

Happy March!!! For us? Our oldest baby turns 20 in a few days (where did time go?? :( ), and another bday (10 yr old). Easter, and baseball starts for DS. My new year resolution of getting more sleep ain't happening... so I am hoping I can work on that. Overall, just hoping March lingers and doesn't fly by like January and February, not happy with how fast this year is going by already :(

Edited by mamiof5
  • Like 2

Happy Birthday to the March birthday people, especially the soon-to-be teenagers and the newly minted adults.

Spring in Florida means, "Oh no, here comes the heat."

This month I am:

-Hoping the hot weather holds off a bit longer. It would be nice to have one more month without the air conditioner. 

-Looking forward to a short trip to St. Augustine during ds' spring break. His girlfriend is coming with us and dh and I are excited to show them the Old City that we love.

-Celebrating several extended family birthdays, including two different sets of twins.

• Like 2

Hoping to be consistent in this exercise thing.  I started PT to help strengthen my shoulders/reduce pain.  If I am going to do that I am adding in exercise as well.  At this point my health/life depends on losing some weight and making a choice to live this healthy lifestyle and not just talk about it. 

• Like 2

We have some potentially life-changing decisions to be made this month:

Oldest DS is deciding on where to go to college in the fall. He is down to two options, one of which is clearly superior academically, but the other is where his girlfriend is going. I'm praying he will have the perspective to realize that he can't limit his life opportunities because of a flighty, drama-filled girl (no, I don't particularly like her, why do you ask?!)

Also, DH will hear back from a job that he has applied for. It would be a cut in pay, probably requiring a move this summer to a less expensive house, but it would exponentially lower his stress, which would be huge in helping him manage his chronic illness. It's also a much more dependable, long-term job that he could have until he retires, which would be a big stress-reliever right there. His current job very much depends on him keeping his very volatile, reactionary company CEO happy. The CEO is known for firing people because he is mad at them or they upset him. It's a stressful place to work!

• Like 2