Menu

In light of the recent leggings discussion

Mom-ninja.

Love it. I have this discussion with my daughter all the time. Her shirts are just barely long enough. She argues with me. She points out that everyone is wearing them like she is to swim practice. I backed off arguing with her about it. I won the bra strap showing battle so I cut her some slack on the leggings to swim practice issue.

• Like 1

Hmmm, still wearing them as pants. I guess I'm just a loose hussy.😦

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that impression.  Yes, I've seen all the skanky/hussy/immodest arguments before, but this is the first time an anti-legging position made me want to ask someone who the heck they thought they were to talk about me like I was affecting THEIR sexuality with the leggings I fully intend to continue wearing. And I almost qualified that statement with descriptions of how I wear them before remembering I don't actually have to explain myself.

• Like 7

Leggings is a pretty broad term. I have running leggings that are thick, and not so bad. I would wear them around the house or out running. I have thin cotton leggings that outline my underwear. I wouldn't even wear them at home without a shirt that covers my butt. I have seen girls wear that kind to church, and it's just way more info than I wanted to know about their body.

Edited by Outdoorsy Type
  • Like 1

If you feel like we've been to second base from seeing my fully covered body, that's a personal issue. Leggings, both the kind I wear and the kind I've seen people wear as pants IRL, are pretty comparable to yoga pants, the default uniform of SAHMs everywhere. I refuse to wear uncomfortable jeans that give me a muffin top. If you don't like this, don't look.

Edited by MrsWeasley
  • Like 12

There's a meme:

"Anyone who disagrees with leggings and pants can physically fight me. I will win because I have full range of motion due to wearing leggings as pants."

Haha! But in the meantime we all get blinded by her camel toe and FUPA. Which even the skinniest women tend to still have if the leggings aren't quite a bit looser than the woman's normal tag size.

And then too loose and they ride down. Oy! It's a no win :rofl:

Haha! But in the meantime we all get blinded by her camel toe and FUPA. Which even the skinniest women tend to still have if the leggings aren't quite a bit looser than the woman's normal tag size.

What the...? Camel toe? In leggings? No. Doesn't happen. Especially in the "skinniest women". That is reserved for the realm of pants with sturdier fabric which require much more solid seams. It would require some serious hiking up + suspenders to maintain CT in leggings or yoga pants.

Too Tight leggings or other stretchy pants tends to equal lowered appearance of crotch, hovering somewhere in the mid thigh area.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 5

I'm almost afraid to ask........... what is FUPA?

• Like 1

Whew, me thinks some people are taking this a teeny tiny bit too seriously.

:

Yeah, the video lady takes her own opinion too seriously, me thinks. :laugh:

And Who knew that a woman's lower belly bulge had an internet acronym now? Fat upper pubic area. Senselessly weird. It really has approximately zero to do with it's acronym. Lower Belly =/= pubis area.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 2

Yeah, the video lady takes her own opinion too seriously, me thinks. :laugh:

And Who knew that a woman's lower belly bulge had an internet acronym now? Fat upper pubic area. Senselessly weird. It really has approximately zero to do with it's acronym. Lower Belly =/= pubis area.

I'm not sure taht all the pics google comes up with are accurate.  My understanding is that it is supposed to refer to the fat pad that normally sits on top of the public bone.

• Like 1

I didn't think second base had anything to do with leggings. Maybe she's doing it wrong. :rofl:

So - having googled what "second base" refers to, as I am no longer up on the details such things, it seems to relate to activity above the waist.  So - maybe she is thinking she feels like she is seeing someone with her top removed.

This topic might rise right up there with crock pots, shopping carts, shoes in the house etc.

I see some women who are thin enough that they do look good in them.....in the same way I see women who look good in swimming suits but I think they shouldn't wear those swimming suits to the grocery store.

IMO. YMMV

• Like 2

Just after I read this, I went to our high school basketball game. Guess what the cheer squad adult leader was wearing?  You got it, black leggings, black high heels and a top that didn't come down long enough. Leggings may have their place, but this was not it!  Sorry to say, she looked rather provocative out there. (With the make-up and hair and all...) Um....aren't the adults in charge supposed to dress appropriately to set some examples?  I think a dress code is needed for staff as well!  Maybe the reason the guys didn't win was because of a distraction...and it wasn't the cheerleaders! Ha, ha!