Menu

Things that make you go Hmmm...

Strong sewer smell in the house....hmmm....dig up septic tank....tank not full....hmmm....fill tub halfway and drain it....we hear water running....no water going into the septic tank.....hmmm.....flush toilet....again, no water going into septic tank....dh looks under house with flashlight....ah-ha! all waste from bathroom emptying onto ground under house!....guess what we are doing today. :ack2:

I can not believe what the washing machine repair man found in the motor of our front loader: rocks, nails, keys, washers, coins, tiny trinkets. Apparently my children are treasure hunters and I am suppose to check pockets before I do laundry. Sure.

In my house, it's my dh's pockets I am supposed to check. Usually, I find bike parts. And yes, they clog the washer.

I think the warnings on products. They always make me wonder why they are there. Like the plastic storage containers not being a place to bathe or leave your children. Or non-food items stating that they are not for consumption. These types of labels and warnings always make me think...hmmm?

Oh yeah, I bought some pre-moistened lens cloths, for cleaning glasses or camera lenses, they came with the warning: Not for use on contact lenses. :001_huh:

Dd13 got a kick out of that. She said, "Mom, you know they had to put that there because someone actually did it!" :lol::lol:

A tiny stool stacked on top of a larger stool stacked on top of a chair in front of the baker's rack...

I never heard a crash though. My almost 2 year old gets very creative with her attempts to steal crackers, but I don't know if she actually went through with that maneuver. (Maybe her big sister warned her against it, I hope.)

Strong sewer smell in the house....hmmm....dig up septic tank....tank not full....hmmm....fill tub halfway and drain it....we hear water running....no water going into the septic tank.....hmmm.....flush toilet....again, no water going into septic tank....dh looks under house with flashlight....ah-ha! all waste from bathroom emptying onto ground under house!....guess what we are doing today. :ack2:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, you poor people! *shudders in horror*

I think the warnings on products. They always make me wonder why they are there. Like the plastic storage containers not being a place to bathe or leave your children. Or non-food items stating that they are not for consumption. These types of labels and warnings always make me think...hmmm?

Yes, warnings on food products stating that it may contain said food product (i.e. - a jar of peanuts with a warning that it may contain peanuts).

A card table with blankets draped over it, ON my 8yr old's bed. :001_huh:

A balloon filled with m&m's, IN the freezer?

Strong soapy-shampoo smells filling the hallway near the bathroom when 4 & 6yr old ds take a bath. Grrr, another bottle of shampoo bites the dust.

Unmatched shoes & socks scattered across 5 acres of land.

And then there's my diabetic dd's test strips & cotton balls found in the oddest places.

Someone clipping their nails during prayer time at church.(all I heard was snip, snip, snip while our prayer leader was praying) Yep, I know who it was too. This guy used to clip them at his house while we were having Bible Study (we no longer meet there, we meet at the church now) No trash can, nada. Just clips them where ever. :001_huh: I almost said something to him after church (jokingly of course) I just think it's gross. We clip our nails over a trash can.

Phlox

Someone clipping their nails during prayer time at church.(all I heard was snip, snip, snip while our prayer leader was praying) Yep, I know who it was too. This guy used to clip them at his house while we were having Bible Study (we no longer meet there, we meet at the church now) No trash can, nada. Just clips them where ever. :001_huh: I almost said something to him after church (jokingly of course) I just think it's gross. We clip our nails over a trash can.

Phlox

:eek:

Oh, that is so gross! I think I would literally gag if I heard that. Toenails give me the willies anyway.