Menu

BIG UPDATE in Post #86

Pamela H in Texas

momto10blessings,

Well, IDEALLY what would happen is that mom wouldn't be doing the same things and in the same circumstances that made her lose all her children prior and could keep her child and raise him/her/them in a healthy and safe way.  That is what we always hope.  

Unfortunately, that is not the case.  Her circumstances are just as bad, if not worse.  And she is still doing the same things.  It is unknown if she will make an adoption plan for the baby/ies.  She did with her pregnancy before Wyatt.  She didn't follow through with it with Wyatt though.  

So the next ideal is that CPS will "catch" the baby/ies at birth.  If so, they will immediately come here because we have the brother and have already agreed to accept him/her/them.  The uncle wants the call which he will get (if CPS doesn't just do it, I will pressure them to, get CASA and the lawyer involved, etc because I think the system should work correctly regardless).  Then we and the uncle will each have the choice whether to keep the child.  Anyone else (family, fictive kin, etc) could come forward also. And then the judge will make the decision. 

Of course, the official plan will be to offer the parents services and that they could get the new baby/ies.  It just is very unlikely with this couple and their history. 

We have decided that we will take the baby/ies from this pregnancy for as long as we can have him/her/them.  But after this, we are done. We simply cannot keep up with this mom.  She has more baby making years ahead of her than we can have baby-accepting years :(  My hope is that she will consider some long term birth control, get her life in order, and then have a baby or two she could KEEP down the line if she would like.  But she didn't ask me and sometimes people's choices affect their decision making abilities :-/

• Like 1

momto10blessings,

Well, IDEALLY what would happen is that mom wouldn't be doing the same things and in the same circumstances that made her lose all her children prior and could keep her child and raise him/her/them in a healthy and safe way. That is what we always hope.

Unfortunately, that is not the case. Her circumstances are just as bad, if not worse. And she is still doing the same things. It is unknown if she will make an adoption plan for the baby/ies. She did with her pregnancy before Wyatt. She didn't follow through with it with Wyatt though.

So the next ideal is that CPS will "catch" the baby/ies at birth. If so, they will immediately come here because we have the brother and have already agreed to accept him/her/them. The uncle wants the call which he will get (if CPS doesn't just do it, I will pressure them to, get CASA and the lawyer involved, etc because I think the system should work correctly regardless). Then we and the uncle will each have the choice whether to keep the child. Anyone else (family, fictive kin, etc) could come forward also. And then the judge will make the decision.

Of course, the official plan will be to offer the parents services and that they could get the new baby/ies. It just is very unlikely with this couple and their history.

We have decided that we will take the baby/ies from this pregnancy for as long as we can have him/her/them. But after this, we are done. We simply cannot keep up with this mom. She has more baby making years ahead of her than we can have baby-accepting years :( My hope is that she will consider some long term birth control, get her life in order, and then have a baby or two she could KEEP down the line if she would like. But she didn't ask me and sometimes people's choices affect their decision making abilities :-/

(((Hugs)))

Praying biomom can fight her addictions. I can't imagine making those decisions over and over.