Menu

$5 for a case of paper at Staples

Since I know you are like me... we can go through reams of paper through the year.

Really good deal for paper at Staples. $9.99/case after rebate. There's also a $5 off coupon code. It's hidden under the description. You enter code 23663 in the coupon code box.http://www.staples.com/Staples-Multipurpose-Paper-8-1-2-inch-x-11-inch-Case/product_513096?externalize=certona

You have to order online but you can pick up at the store. If you are a rewards customer, you can get it shipped to you.

Lucinda

ETA: In case, it's not clear, this is a REBATE deal.

• Like 20

When I click on the link, it shows $9.99. But when I add it to my cart it changes to the original price of $48. What's going on?!! I want cheap paper too! :)

Staples sends you a prepaid Visa rebate for the $44 - it takes a few weeks, but they are very good about sending it. The prepaid Visa can be spent on anything (I'll use it all at once at the grocery to avoid the hassle of checking the balance).

So you have to pay up front, but the paper ends up being $5 for the box.

• Like 4

I would be so all over this deal if I still wasn't working my way through the remaining case and a half of paper I bought, on a similar 3 cases of paper for $25 deal, a year or two ago... :)

I mentioned this deal to DH before I went ahead, telling him we have 3 reams of paper left and somehow all of them have been opened and used so they're also all partial. He reminded me about the other cases we have that I had forgotten about from a deal a couple of years ago.  :)

Got my ream yesterday - a bit banged up & hot, but still all usable here.

Again, for those of you who ordered, make sure you go back & get the rebate process started. It is SO EASY on Staples. Do it now before you forget. Seriously, right now!

I got my case yesterday too. I started the online rebate as soon as I ordered. Thanks for the tip!

You get free shipping if you're a member and it's free to be a member. Staples is fast becoming my secret "deals" site. Last year, I got two Kindle Touch e-readers for $30 each after rebate. I've gotten a lot of cheap pencils, erasers, binders, etc. too. And oddly enough, a retro clock, a drying rack and a few other non-office kind of things. You have to keep checking back, though, to catch them, which I grow weary of.

I had been waiting for the case paper to go $9.99 after rebate again. It doesn't do so often. Perhaps twice a year? I was delighted to stumble upon the additional coupon.

Anyway, I tend to feel a little guilty when the delivery guy (he's a local independent contractor who pulls inventory from our "local" story about 30 minutes away) hands me my $2 package of ink pens next-day delivery.  :blushing:

I added the two notebooks to get free shipping and my paper arrived today.  I'm stunned!  Next day delivery and all I'll pay in the end is less than $10?! Wow.

Thanks for posting this and the coupon code.  :thumbup1:   I ended up buying a different case of paper (brighter white and heavier weight) that the same coupon worked for and came in under $30 which is less than the paper deal I got last year.  I've moved to OfficeMax for everything else these days because our local Staples is disappointing, but Staples still has the best deals on paper.

Is it a rebate or a gift card to staples?

It's a rebate, in the form of a Visa gift card, which can be used anywhere Visa is accepted. So it's almost as good as cash (and it'll be as good as cash for me because I'll use it for gas and just pay the account from which I borrowed the money the money back as I buy gas).

• Like 1

I've gotten several from Staples. None have ever docked a fee. When I get mine, I turn straight to Amazon and purchase Amazon gift cards of equal value with them. Visa rebate cards can be a bit tricky to use, particularly when you get to the end of the card. You have to have a cashier input the exact amount left on the card and then pay the remainder of the transaction with another form of payment. They don't always work well online. You also have to worry about the rebate cards expiring, so I don't mess with it, I just buy gift cards with my rebate cards. No worries then.

I'm still wondering if the Visa gift card is the full $44 or if they dock you a fee. I don't think they will, though. I think I read that it's already activated so I would hope that they ate the activation fee.

• Like 5

I've gotten several from Staples. None have ever docked a fee. When I get mine, I turn straight to Amazon and purchase Amazon gift cards of equal value with them. Visa rebate cards can be a bit tricky to use, particularly when you get to the end of the card. You have to have a cashier input the exact amount left on the card and then pay the remainder of the transaction with another form of payment. They don't always work well online. You also have to worry about the rebate cards expiring, so I don't mess with it, I just buy gift cards with my rebate cards. No worries then.

Great tip!

• Like 1