Menu

My Royal Baby Announcement ("warning" new/cute pony content)

creekland

A few might remember that we were also on a Royal baby watch (since one of our pony mares is named C's Princess Acadia).

Acadia was due June 3rd, but being the princess she is, she did her own thing and surprised us today with our new young prince, C's Prince Riviera (mom's year had National Park names, baby's year is having Grand Bahama names and that was our condo complex).

The new young prince arrived while I was at school and hubby was working on a project here at home, but in spite of all that, and being early - VERY early - he seems to be doing fine.  :hurray:  (I will be heading back to last year's calendar to see if I goofed somewhere with the date or mixed up another mare due sooner, but looking like she will take longer.)

And princesses do not care if you check on them the night before or morning of both times coming to the conclusion that they are a good week or perhaps a little more off yet... :glare:

Unfortunately, the prince did not win the color genetics lottery.  His mama is a pinto and papa is a buckskin.  Young prince didn't inherit either the pinto or cream gene.  Fortunately, if he gets his parents personality (and hopefully movement), some youngster will love him anyway...

Without further typing... here he is - taking a break in the shade!

2044.jpg

• Like 46

Finally! The Royal birth we have been waiting for! :hurray:

Oh, I am just about to expire from cuteness! They are both absolutely gorgeous! :001_wub:

Princess Acadia looks remarkably fresh and lovely so soon after giving birth! And, it already looks like she has gotten her figure back! :001_wub:

• Like 5

He is adorable. How big do you expect him to be?

His legs look like he will be taller than mama.  She's 12.1hh.  Papa is 13hh.  I'm thinking the young prince should reach 13hh at least, perhaps an inch or two taller if he continues to shoot up these first few months.  He's her first, so he might just end up around 13hh.

because princesses don't like being pregnant while it is hot...    :w00t:

How true!  Princess caretakers prefer overnight shifts without the brr factor or the "working tomorrow and getting up early factor," nonetheless, her preferences won out!  

I suppose we sort of won out too considering we didn't yet have anyone on the overnight shift - just a "check to see if we might be needed overnight" evening check.  That would have been me yesterday evening... I goofed... but will note her lack of notice for any future years.  I was not the one who checked her this morning, but hubby assures me he saw nothing unusual.  

These are the times when I'm glad nature does fine on its own most of the time!

• Like 2

Finally! The Royal birth we have been waiting for! :hurray:

Oh, I am just about to expire from cuteness! They are both absolutely gorgeous! :001_wub:

Princess Acadia looks remarkably fresh and lovely so soon after giving birth! And, it already looks like she has gotten her figure back! :001_wub:

Princesses are intelligent (as well as good looking).  She's hiding any of that extra baby fat behind her darling baby, of course.

And in another day she'll start working it off as she chases her little darling wanting him to stay close - but we all know how young boys are!   :lol:

• Like 3

13-13.2hh is a GREAT size for a pony.  That size pony is often hard to find......but in high demand if they are kid safe.

That's why it's the size we try to raise.  ;)  And temperament definitely trumps all else when it comes to pony sales.   Color is a close third though.  We want size, temperament, color, and then hope to add good show movement or ability, but with the first three I can still get good homes.  The fourth is bonus.  We have had a couple make it to National Pony Finals (not with us - after we've sold them - we just breed (sometimes raise) and sell). 

In a couple more days I'll get my first real evaluation of Riviera. 

When we first started breeding an old timer told me to look at them at 3 days, 3 months & 3 years and ignore everything in between (due to how they grow/develop).  He was spot on.  They definitely go through stages where I can look at them and mentally go "I bred that?" :huh: while wanting to hide them behind the barn!

• Like 2

Baby pony heaven!

I think foals love growing up here.  They have pastures they can run and play in at will and one of them even has an inground pool (aka a decent sized pond).  In the winter they go "ice running" on it when it's been cold enough.  That one worries their caretakers, but they seem to instinctively know when it is safe and when it isn't as none have ever even remotely fallen in.

It's a pretty carefree life for growing up.

And at this time of year they also get a ton of fans driving by admiring them.  Our road gets very little traffic in general (probably less than a car an hour on average), yet somehow everyone seems to know when the baby ponies are here.   :coolgleamA:   It's a rural area where many are related to each other and word travels.