Menu

Need positive thoughts/prayers *UPDATE in OP*

Beaniemom

Tomorrow ds7 has his first appt. with the developmental/behavioral pediatrician. I'm an anxious mess. We're not new to doctors,evals, and diagnosis since he is deaf and has hypothyroidism but this just feels different to me. I feel like I'm going into this appointment blind. I don't know if we will have any answers tomorrow or just more evals and appts. to set up. It doesn't help that we've been waiting for this since January and have an IEP next week. Add to that my MIL is coming this weekend for DS8's First Communion. I'm a mess.

UPDATE*

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. It is wonderful to know so many people are willing to spare a little time. The appointment went smoothly and I can honestly say I loved the doctor and felt very comfortable with him. He clearly loves kids and was an excellent listener. He even made sure to go over the amazing things ds can do at the end of the appointment and suggested sports that would be well suited to his strengths. We got an additional diagnosis and two referrals. DS has developmental coordination disorder which really just put words to what we knew about him. We got a referral to OT in addition to the OT he currently gets at school to help with that. We also got referred for a Neuropsych eval to find out how ds learns since his other diagnosis is often accompanied by learning differences which we have also noticed. 

So I feel good about our progress and hopeful that the wait for Neuropsych won't be too long. It puts a damper on planning for next year. DS's ps teacher also told me to let her know if there are things they can do to help and we already arranged to have someone scribe his math homework. Now on to cleaning the house for the MIL visit. 

• Like 10

Tomorrow ds7 has his first appt. with the developmental/behavioral pediatrician. I'm an anxious mess. We're not new to doctors,evals, and diagnosis since he is deaf and has hypothyroidism but this just feels different to me. I feel like I'm going into this appointment blind. I don't know if we will have any answers tomorrow or just more evals and appts. to set up. It doesn't help that we've been waiting for this since January and have an IEP next week. Add to that my MIL is coming this weekend for DS8's First Communion. I'm mess.

You're in my thoughts.

Praying you'll learn something helpful. I wish we had had dd in with a developmental ped--not that it would have really changed her or her path, but we may have learned something useful to understand her better. And I know the feeling of never quite getting answers! Peace to you.