Menu

Ignore this thread!

Friends, do you recall the young lady with the softball sized growth on her ovary?  Her mom called me yesterday right after I became functional to tell me it was malignant.   :(  She is 19 with some sort of ovarian cancer.  Her mother was so distraught that I didn't get much information beyond the cancer dx.  How shocking!  She is so young.  I offered to attend the oncologist appointments with her and take notes.  Neither parent is medically-savvy and both are beside themselves.  The young lady seems to have a positive outlook.  If you are the praying type, please keep her in your prayers.  Her name is Hannah.  Such a lot for a young person to experience, and her fertility is now in question depending on treatment.

Prayers for Hannah!!   :crying:

• Like 1

Back from a pediatrician visit. We just moved here a few months ago and I REALLY like the kids' new ped.  I discovered that he's likely so good with my SN kid because he has one bio and one adopted SN kid himself. He does not blink when my kid can't hold it together for an office visit (nor does he give me that judgey look I sometimes get when we're out in public).  It's an answered prayer.

• Like 11

I am peeved.  I just picked up a brochure today that listed a really cool climbing field trip for teens for next Monday.  There was no deadline given for signing up for the event.  I went online to sign up and didn't see any info so I called.  The events been cancelled because of lack of interest.  But. . .  I sputtered, there was no deadline given, so how do you know people aren't still interested?  Also - I did not point out that the brochure did not even specify that you have to preregister for this but I decided to investigate now just to make sure.  I wonder if some people will just show up that morning expecting to be able to do this (neighboring city) field trip.  Like I said, I am . . . peeved. 

• Like 4

I am peeved.  I just picked up a brochure today that listed a really cool climbing field trip for teens for next Monday.  There was no deadline given for signing up for the event.  I went online to sign up and didn't see any info so I called.  The events been cancelled because of lack of interest.  But. . .  I sputtered, there was no deadline given, so how do you know people aren't still interested?  Also - I did not point out that the brochure did not even specify that you have to preregister for this but I decided to investigate now just to make sure.  I wonder if some people will just show up that morning expecting to be able to do this (neighboring city) field trip.  Like I said, I am . . . peeved. 

I feel your pain. I hate it when people do stuff like that. :cursing:

• Like 2

So, my kid has a fun new party trick. Well, not really fun, but quite interesting. 
Dd has pink eye, so we got eye drops. We have only put the drops in 2 different times, but each time, within 2-3 minutes, she projectile vomits. She's fine after that. 

:confused1: 

The pharmacist has never heard of such a thing with these drops. So, we're thinking it might be a pain reaction - that they burn and she's tense, so when it goes away and she relaxes, her tension is released via vomiting. Oy vey. 
I'm calling the dr to check tomorrow, though.

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 2

That is weird.  Wonder what the dr. will say tomorrow.

Here, everything is canceled.  Schools are canceled tomorrow.  University classes.  Daycares.  Medical offices.  Etc, etc.  Some churches have already canceled Sunday services.  The chess tourney and dive tourney scheduled for Saturday have been canceled and rescheduled.  (How funny would it be if we end up getting nothing?)   

• Like 2

I need to plant some primroses!

Ok, fine! I'm post padding for someone else. I have to go read a bed time story to some giggly little girls. I hope they don't choose "Nurse Nancy". I hate that book. Hopefully it'll be "Madeleine" or "Farmer Dale's Red Pick-Up Truck".

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

How is Buddy? 

I spent the last two days at work. Tomorrow I get to drive on treacherous roads. Fun city.

Thank you for asking, critter.  :001_smile:   It's kinda hard to say.  He has been on one antibiotic for ten days and a second for a week.  He is able to pass some urine, but he is not clearing the bladder and it doesn't look comfortable.  There is still a significant amount of blood in the urine.  We had the urine cultured again (while on antibiotics) and nothing appears to be growing (final is not yet back-just prelim.)  There's still a lot of white blood cells in the urine, as well as red blood cells.  Blood work looks normal.  Today he got acupuncture and a third antibiotic.  We're adding another class of antibiotics in case there's something weird that won't culture.  He is also on prazosin and an anti-inflammatory  (I have a drug chart!) :blink:Once we can get the infection conquered, then we can start addressing the episodic no-pee problem.  Dr. Smart is consulting with WSU and is going to get me a price on an MRI.  I shiver with terror.  Overall though, he is much improved.  He is not the very sick dog he was, but he's not 100% either.  He's getting me up every 2-3 hours to go outside.  I think I'm in worse shape now than he is. :blink:

• Like 4

So, Mr. Ellie was making more CDs for me, for a new song for my hula class. Sometimes my boom box works, and sometimes it doesn't. We're keeping our fingers crossed for tomorrow, because it's bad enough that my students don't love me; we don't need to boombox not to play, too.

So, some people don't love my hula class, including the former teacher. :-(

She sent an e-mail to the whole group saying she wouldn't be back because she only wants to dance and doesn't want to spend a nanosecond on Hawaiian culture or language or anything.

She needs to be stomped by Ninja Elephants.

• Like 6