Menu

Ignore this thread!

So there is a writing exercise in MCT where one is to pick something important and write metaphors to explore the relationship between linking verbs and their subject complements.  Example:  Loyalty is...glue.  Loyalty is a diamond.  Etc.

So my wonderful DS chose pooping.  That's right, because pooping is IMPORTANT.

So now his metaphors.  Please do not copy, as these will be copyrighted.  LOL

Pooping is...

an exploding grenade.

a rotting corpse in a pond.

squeezing ketchup out of a bottle.

a sigh.

a fly's dinner.

I think he's feeling better.  There is much laughter.

I think you stole my kid.  He and I are simpatico.  :thumbup1:

• Like 5

So there is a writing exercise in MCT where one is to pick something important and write metaphors to explore the relationship between linking verbs and their subject complements. Example: Loyalty is...glue. Loyalty is a diamond. Etc.

So my wonderful DS chose pooping. That's right, because pooping is IMPORTANT.

So now his metaphors. Please do not copy, as these will be copyrighted. LOL

Pooping is...

an exploding grenade.

a rotting corpse in a pond.

squeezing ketchup out of a bottle.

a sigh.

a fly's dinner.

I think he's feeling better. There is much laughter.

He'd probably enjoy the Bathroom Prayer I wrote when pregnant with Gymnast, then. :D

• Like 3

I'm the worst mom ever. The tooth fairy forgot to come. Oh my goodness!!!!

I feel terrible. In my defense the twins have been losing teeth like crazy. I can't keep up.

Oh, don't worry about it! My kids' tooth fairy regularly leaves notes with the $ by their place at the table with some lame excuse like getting lost, running out of gas, troubles with the union, etc.
  • Like 5

Oh, don't worry about it! My kids' tooth fairy regularly leaves notes with the $ by their place at the table with some lame excuse like getting lost, running out of gas, troubles with the union, etc.

Love this!!!! :lol:

I wish I had seen this earlier. I told little dd the tooth fairy had left the money in my purse. She didn't buy it, of course, but I was totally devastated I had forgotten. In the 21 years of mothering I had not forgotten. This made me feel better.:lol:

• Like 1

I feel terrible. In my defense the twins have been losing teeth like crazy. I can't keep up.

I just told my dc that we don't do the tooth fairy because I don't want to be out all that $$$.  

• Like 4

Re: Toothfairy

You can continue to complain about not getting money from the tooth fairy :cursing: and I can ignore you :001_tt2: , or you we can go to the dollar store :driving: and you can spend a dollar from my purse.  Your choice.  :toetap05:  You don't get both.  :coolgleamA:  The minute I hear another complaint the dollar store is no longer an option and you still get in trouble for whining.  :nopity:

• Like 4

My kids understand that the Toothfairy is often behind schedule because they are backlogged in China or India. Dd17 often claims to be the toothfairy to deflect tension. I still harbor a bit of guilt from my oldest who was genuinely surprised and saddened at the age of 11 when he found out the toothfairy was not real. I had no idea he took it so seriously since he clearly did not believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny. :D

• Like 3

When I was a kid my mom and dad were having a conjugal visit at the prison (we spent the weekend in a little apartment prison) and I lost my tooth and the tooth fairy left $1 under my pillow. I didn't think much of it at the time but as an adult I recognize that there was no way my mom and dad could have gotten money into the prison legally. I should ask her about that.

• Like 2

We haven't had lost teeth yet, but my friend routinely forgets. She owes her kid a lot now. haha

My kids understand that the Toothfairy is often behind schedule because they are backlogged in China or India. Dd17 often claims to be the toothfairy to deflect tension. I still harbor a bit of guilt from my oldest who was genuinely surprised and saddened at the age of 11 when he found out the toothfairy was not real. I had no idea he took it so seriously since he clearly did not believe in Santa or the Easter Bunny. :D

My friend does this. She says there was bad weather in Brazil or the tooth fairy is on vacation in Australia and couldn't make it back in time, "but she'll be here tonight". She's also left notes that the tooth fairy couldn't come because the room was too messy. 

It's still snowing here.  Don't take unnecessary journeys!  Don't travel on treacherous roads!

I wish we had snow. :/ We got freezing drizzle last night, but all the bad weather that was supposed to hit my town dipped a bit down south, then swung back up to hit the major towns to the east of us. SO annoying. 

We're out of school today, but will definitely be back tomorrow whereas the other schools will probably be out tomorrow and maybe Friday. 

• Like 3

Because I was not here yesterday, a belated....

Happy Birthday, Tex!!!!

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party: 

That multi-color font thing was a PITA.  Did it just so you'd know how much I puffy-heartcha.  

Still waiting on Proof of Party Hair.  Hope it was a blast!!!!

• Like 5