Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ellie, the band.

Lynn, we have orange and blue towels and I wash them all together and I don't care what anybody thinks.

OIC.

Also, I missed yet another booya. I'm sure that's some sort of record.

Also, if I had blue and orange towels, I would wash them together (once they had been wash separately a few times).

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 2

I'm outta likes again.

(((JoJosMom)))

Dawn - that makes so much sense to wait until the weather is better.

Ikslo and Tex - we are laundry triplets, except I fold rather than hang.  Laundry must be folded immediately from the dryer so it doesn't wrinkle.  After that it can stay on the couch until it gets worn or until company comes over.  :hat:

• Like 4

Ikslo and Tex - we are laundry triplets, except I fold rather than hang.  Laundry must be folded immediately from the dryer so it doesn't wrinkle.  After that it can stay on the couch until it gets worn or until company comes over.  :hat:

I've never understood piling all the laundry on the sofa (or on the bed) instead of folding it and putting it away. It has to be done, and if it's languishing on furniture it's causing anguish among the residents. Just do it now.

T  I will no longer have dark load of towels and light load of towels.  I will have one load color of towels.  Like a hotel. 

You separate towels by dark and light? :001_huh:

I have some white towels for guests, and I wash them separately because I use bleach. Otherwise, all towels of all colors get washed together. New towels might be washed separately a few times to make sure they won't color-bleed, but after that, they all go in together.

I've never understood piling all the laundry on the sofa (or on the bed) instead of folding it and putting it away. It has to be done, and if it's languishing on furniture it's causing anguish among the residents. Just do it now.

I don't want to! I do all of our clothes or all of the kids clothes or all of the sheets or all of the bathroom fabrics in one day. I'd rather put all of one category away at one time, not constantly open drawers all day. Having it on my bed for 3 hours on a weekday doesn't inconvenience anyone.

• Like 1

I make my bed because it prevents me from getting back into it, throw my laundry on it, and fold it at nap time. If there's still stuff in the washer and dryer it gets done the next day. We have to do laundry so frequently it never molds waiting for us.

Yup. I make my bed as soon as my feet hit the floor. Well, maybe after I get dressed and all that personal stuff. But before I leave my bedroom.

And I never go to bed and leave the kitchen dirty. Never. I love coming into the kitchen in the morning, dressed (because I shower at night) and having made my bed, and the kitchen is all bright and clean. :001_wub:

• Like 2

I don't want to! I do all of our clothes or all of the kids clothes or all of the sheets or all of the bathroom fabrics in one day. I'd rather put all of one category away at one time, not constantly open drawers all day. Having it on my bed for 3 hours on a weekday doesn't inconvenience anyone.

Folded and waiting to be put away, yes; piled on your bed, no. Sorry.

You separate towels by dark and light? :001_huh:

I have some white towels for guests, and I wash them separately because I use bleach. Otherwise, all towels of all colors get washed together. New towels might be washed separately a few times to make sure they won't color-bleed, but after that, they all go in together.

Well, since I usually have 2 or 3 loads of towels waiting at any one point in time and they must be separated anyway, they might as well be separated by light and dark. 

• Like 2

Towels - we have lots of towels, and we need them. I will not speculate on number. Some day when kids move out and I give them towels and buy new ones for myself, I am buying all of them the same color - tan. All towels will be tan. I will no longer have dark load of towels and light load of towels. I will have one load color of towels. Like a hotel.

3 people here. 12 white towels (6 ea. of two slightly different styles), 3 pink towels that started out lavender (got bleach on one so bleached them all), 3 large beach towels, one random blue towel from DH's bachelor days, and two baby-bear towels with hoods (from baby days - one a bear and one a duck). We use them all except the baby towels. Mostly because the clean ones are still folded and down in the laundry room.

• Like 2

Well, since I usually have 2 or 3 loads of towels waiting at any one point in time and they must be separated anyway, they might as well be separated by light and dark. 

So, how do you define "light" and "dark"? That decision alone would cause me to put them all together, lol (except for the all-white towels, which are washed separately because they get bleached).

Yup. I make my bed as soon as my feet hit the floor. Well, maybe after I get dressed and all that personal stuff. But before I leave my bedroom.

And I never go to bed and leave the kitchen dirty. Never. I love coming into the kitchen in the morning, dressed (because I shower at night) and having made my bed, and the kitchen is all bright and clean. :001_wub:

I am so glad that I shall never be ashamed of my unmade bed or not-always-clean kitchen because Ellie will probably never visit me. Because single-ply. :)

• Like 2

So, how do you define "light" and "dark"? That decision alone would cause me to put them all together, lol (except for the all-white towels, which are washed separately because they get bleached).

Light is white, tan, pale yellow, pale pink.  Dark is navy, maroon, forest green. 

And, for the record, I do like for the bed to be made and most of the time it is.  The kitchen is rarely 100% cleaned with everything put away. 

• Like 2

I am hiding from college girl and Ryan in my bedroom. I think it is enough of s hardship to have to share the area with little dd who is on speaker phone playing minecraft with her friend. Lol

Dh and the boys are at prax.

You should have sent Ryan to basketball practice.  That could have been interesting.

• Like 4

We're watching Jeopardy.  It's tied going into Final Jeopardy.  One of the one's who is tied for first is a homeschool mom and she has been doing great.  Fingers Crossed!

Bummer, she lost.  Actually they all lost.  They all bet it all. They all missed the question.  None of them return tomorrow.  Wow - I've never seen that happen before. 

• Like 2

So I took my evening bath and put on a tank with shelf bra under my shirt and thick sweatshirt, which is just fine.  

UNLESS RYAN THE BOYFRIEND WANTS TO HUG YOU LONG AND HARD LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO WAR. :leaving:

I think I just died a little.  

What I have to report:  He is a hugger.  For sure, a hugger.

• Like 7

So I took my evening bath and put on a tank with shelf bra under my shirt and thick sweatshirt, which is just fine.  

UNLESS RYAN THE BOYFRIEND WANTS TO HUG YOU LONG AND HARD LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO WAR. :leaving:

I think I just died a little.  

What I have to report:  He is a hugger.  For sure, a hugger.

:huh:

:scared:

:svengo:

:grouphug: (ETA:  Just a gentle, virtual hug.  Not a death grip/go to war hug.)

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 6

I don't get it. Do hugs hurt wiff big boobies?

Ok, so... I'm thinking of climbing Mount Hood in 2018. That's not as impressive as it sounds, but it's not a walk up. We did Mount St. Helens 2(?) years ago and it was really hard because of the rocks. Many people say that Mnt. Hood is easier because of the lack of rocks. Have any of you done something like that? When we did Mount St. Helens Matt carried all of the gear which was great because he was in better shape than me so it slowed him down while making it easier on me. I think that Mount Hood requires more gear and I'd have to carry my own pack. That might not sound like a big deal but it is a massive difference. I don't think I'm willing to do that because princess. Thoughts? Experiences? Chocolate?

I don't get it. Do hugs hurt wiff big boobies?

Ok, so... I'm thinking of climbing Mount Hood in 2018. That's not as impressive as it sounds, but it's not a walk up. We did Mount St. Helens 2(?) years ago and it was really hard because of the rocks. Many people say that Mnt. Hood is easier because of the lack of rocks. Have any of you done something like that? When we did Mount St. Helens Matt carried all of the gear which was great because he was in better shape than me so it slowed him down while making it easier on me. I think that Mount Hood requires more gear and I'd have to carry my own pack. That might not sound like a big deal but it is a massive difference. I don't think I'm willing to do that because princess. Thoughts? Experiences? Chocolate?

Princesses are known to be tough these days.

ETA: I think the awkwardness is feeling a bit um...underdressed... (no bra) while being hugged by daughter's bf. At least, that's how I'd feel.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

Another 2 hour delay here tomorrow. Dd16 is happy. I am ready for summer. Bring on the 100F temperatures and garden tomatoes.

Speaking of gardens, I was just thinking about my upcoming garden as I was slipping on the ice to get to my door. Of course, we still have another 4 months before thinking about planting, but still...

• Like 1

I have never climbed any sort of mountain so I am not helpful, but I would not feel badly about letting my dh carry stuff for me if it made things easier.  I would trust him to speak up if I was skipping ahead with energy to spare and he was about to fall off the face of the earth or something.

• Like 2

Princesses are known to be tough these days.

ETA: I think the awkwardness is feeling a bit um...underdressed... (no bra) while being hugged by daughter's bf. At least, that's how I'd feel.

Well not me!

I felt that by hugging me long and hard that he would feel that I was not wearing a bra because it was all smashed there between us.  I have enough to make a difference in what sort of support chosen.  I also am kind of old and need support.  In a baggy shirt with a baggy sweatshirt over it, nothing can be seen.  But when you grab someone to your bosom (hehehe) and hold them there for a long time, it might become obvious.  I tried to shake his hand.  He wanted to hug me like I had donated him a kidney.

Tactical error - should have chosen the supportive bra.  I will not make that mistake again.  I did not anticipate a Hug-a-thon.  I would have gotten pledges and raised money. :lol:

I don't think I wold have noticed, if that helps.

Booby Booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6

I felt that by hugging me long and hard that he would feel that I was not wearing a bra because it was all smashed there between us.  I have enough to make a difference in what sort of support chosen.  I also am kind of old and need support.  In a baggy shirt with a baggy sweatshirt over it, nothing can be seen.  But when you grab someone to your bosom (hehehe) and hold them there for a long time, it might become obvious.  I tried to shake his hand.  He wanted to hug me like I had donated him a kidney.

Tactical error - should have chosen the supportive bra.  I will not make that mistake again.  I did not anticipate a Hug-a-thon.  I would have gotten pledges and raised money. :lol:

lol. We were typing at the same time. :D

• Like 1

I have never climbed any sort of mountain so I am not helpful, but I would not feel badly about letting my dh carry stuff for me if it made things easier.  I would trust him to speak up if I was skipping ahead with energy to spare and he was about to fall off the face of the earth or something.

I have no shame in making him carry my stuff and I definitely was not skipping ahead with energy to spare. When we got to timberline on the way down (1 1/2 miles left, fairly flat) I started crying because I was so tired and I didn't stop until we got to the car where I apparently fell asleep before Matt finished packing.