Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'd love to run a marathon. I just don't wanna... you know... put forth effort.

Ikslo, kid report?

No idea.  I work all day, remember?  ;)

DH has not emailed me a negative report, so I am hoping that means he got enough sleep and feels better.

But thanks for askin'!!!

Edited by ikslo

No idea.  I work all day, remember?  ;)

DH has not emailed me a negative report, so I am hoping that means he got enough sleep and feels better.

But thanks for askin'!!!

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were home around lunch time. Lo siento. 

• Like 1

Happy Birthday, Tex!!!

Singing in harmony with myself:

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday dear Tex!

Happy Birthday To You!

In case you all were wondering, this song is no longer under copyright and we can sing and publish it 'til Tex brings the cows home in her new boots.

• Like 5

Laundry in the Susan in TN house:

Every bedroom has their own laundry day. Master bedroom is Monday; no one does laundry on Braindead Tuesday; Wednesday is dd17/dd7; Thursday is boys'; Friday is dd13/dd9.

Every room does their own laundry on their day - usually a couple of loads, including bath towels and stuff. (We have a Giant Capacity washer.) Each bedroom has 2 large baskets for laundry - clothes to be washed and then clothes to be put away. The day/morning after laundry day the clothes are put away - either hung up or folded (I do not inspect this). If your laundry is not cleared out of the laundry area before the next batch of laundry comes down, you are in big trouble!

It seems like a very simple method, but you would not believe the struggle it is to get it done. Somehow girls' clothes end up in the boys' dresser and vice versa. Clothes end up in the pantry. "Church clothes" are stuffed in drawers and sweat pants are draped over hangers.

The Struggle is REAL.

• Like 4

Susan in TN,

I always forget that your dc and my dc are so close in age/grade.  I think we need to team up.  You can cover days when I have a headache (hopefully not as often as this month), and I can cover every Braindead Tuesday.

And if I have a headache on Braindead Tuesday, the kids will fend for themselves.  

:D

Are you good at math and science?  (I'm not.)

• Like 5

Slache, I apologize but I think ds11 gave John the stomach yucks. He threw up quite a bit over night and is now languishing on the floor with a throw-up bowl.

Addendum to the laundry method - laundry will be done on Braindead Tuesday when someone is throwing up.

John's fine. We joke that if he got his arm ripped off he would bring it to us to have it reattached. This boy has had stitches twice, staples once and when he got the staples they forgot to give him the pain killers. He mentioned afterward that his head still hurt and the nurse almost died. She apologizes every time we go back to urgent care.  I started a thread a while back about the fact that he was laying on the bathroom floor in pain and a bunch of people didn't understand why I was so upset. We almost went to the emergency room. This boy is tough. Anyway, I'm sorry your boy's sick. John gets up every once in a while to vomit, but he's otherwise engaged with his toys and books.

• Like 5

The store is packed with people getting milk and bread and such for the snow coming tonight 1-4 inches. Then another system Friday which could be rain, freezing rain, snow or a mix.

I have milk and bread.

Chili for supper.

That is about it.

Yay for snow! My kids are hoping for snow but I think it will just be freezing rain. They will be happy with anything slippery. I went shopping on Sunday, so I don't have to fight over the last of the bathroom tissue and milk.

Prepared for the apocalypse we are.

• Like 2

Susan in TN,

I always forget that your dc and my dc are so close in age/grade. I think we need to team up. You can cover days when I have a headache (hopefully not as often as this month), and I can cover every Braindead Tuesday.

And if I have a headache on Braindead Tuesday, the kids will fend for themselves.

:D

Are you good at math and science? (I'm not.)

It's a deal!

(I am OK at math and science, and use Kahn whenever I am stumped. :D )

• Like 3

It's a deal!

(I am OK at math and science, and use Kahn whenever I am stumped. :D )

Great!!

I've looked at Kahn a few times, but I can't figure out how it works.  For instance, how would you do Algebra or Geometry?  Are there tests, etc.?

I must be missing.

ETA:   :lol: That last sentence was supposed to say "I must be missing something."  Apparently I'm missing much more than that!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

Ellie, did you unschool high school?  If so, how?

I taught my dc at home until they were ready to take classes at the community college. It had always been my plan to do that, because it made sense: the lower division required courses in college are a repeat of high school, so why do high school twice? Both dds began taking classes when they were 14. They did not graduate in two years, of course (although we had friends whose dd did that; she had her Masters bye the time she was 20).

• Like 4

I think I'll get two sun dresses and some pants. I was given 2 maternity shirts for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SLDP39G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1453245893&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=sun+dress&dpPl=1&dpID=51wQEg-YToL&ref=plSrch

I like things like this because they flatter a pregnant belly, but work postpartum. I don't like spending $30 on something I'll only wear for 6 months.

• Like 4

Laundry in the Susan in TN house:

Every bedroom has their own laundry day. Master bedroom is Monday; no one does laundry on Braindead Tuesday; Wednesday is dd17/dd7; Thursday is boys'; Friday is dd13/dd9.

Every room does their own laundry on their day - usually a couple of loads, including bath towels and stuff. (We have a Giant Capacity washer.) Each bedroom has 2 large baskets for laundry - clothes to be washed and then clothes to be put away. The day/morning after laundry day the clothes are put away - either hung up or folded (I do not inspect this). If your laundry is not cleared out of the laundry area before the next batch of laundry comes down, you are in big trouble!

It seems like a very simple method, but you would not believe the struggle it is to get it done. Somehow girls' clothes end up in the boys' dresser and vice versa. Clothes end up in the pantry. "Church clothes" are stuffed in drawers and sweat pants are draped over hangers.

The Struggle is REAL.

Clothes in the pantry! :lol:

Can I have some bacon first? It would help me focus, I'm sure of it!

Have whatever you want!  You're a grown up so you get to decide.  It's one of the few benefits.  :D

• Like 3

That is cute, but it's winter. Won't you be cold?

Do they have consignment stores that sell maternity clothes there?

I'm very, very hot throughout my entire pregnancy. We went on a hike a few days ago. It was 42 and I was in yoga pants and a tank and I was hot.

• Like 1

Great!!

I've looked at Kahn a few times, but I can't figure out how it works. For instance, how would you do Algebra or Geometry? Are there tests, etc.?

I must be missing.

ETA: :lol: That last sentence was supposed to say "I must be missing something." Apparently I'm missing much more than that!

Missing, indeed!

I don't use it officially, but if I can't figure something out I do a google search and pick the Kahn link to explain it to me.

• Like 3

Well, this has been the stinkiest January ever. I don't know how much more my mom can take. First, the episode with my dad. Then yesterday, she takes her sister (who she is extremely close to, they are like best friends) in to get a routine heart valve replacement. Everything seemed to be fine. But today she (my aunt) still hasn't woken up from surgery. It's been over 24 hours. And they say she's had a seizure. The doctor isn't hopeful she'll ever wake up. And my uncle is poor health. If she goes, he'll likely be right behind her. They have no children.

Well, this has been the stinkiest January ever. I don't know how much more my mom can take. First, the episode with my dad. Then yesterday, she takes her sister (who she is extremely close to, they are like best friends) in to get a routine heart valve replacement. Everything seemed to be fine. But today she (my aunt) still hasn't woken up from surgery. It's been over 24 hours. And they say she's had a seizure. The doctor isn't hopeful she'll ever wake up. And my uncle is poor health. If she goes, he'll likely be right behind her. They have no children.

Oh, Krissi!  :grouphug:  :grouphug: :grouphug: to you and your extended family. 

• Like 1

Krissi, I'm so sorry.   :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

• Like 1

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

How horrible.  I am so sorry.

:grouphug:

Oh, honey. I am so sorry.

So there is a writing exercise in MCT where one is to pick something important and write metaphors to explore the relationship between linking verbs and their subject complements.  Example:  Loyalty is...glue.  Loyalty is a diamond.  Etc.

So my wonderful DS chose pooping.  That's right, because pooping is IMPORTANT.

So now his metaphors.  Please do not copy, as these will be copyrighted.  LOL

Pooping is...

an exploding grenade.

a rotting corpse in a pond.

squeezing ketchup out of a bottle.

a sigh.

a fly's dinner.

I think he's feeling better.  There is much laughter.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 6

So there is a writing exercise in MCT where one is to pick something important and write metaphors to explore the relationship between linking verbs and their subject complements.  Example:  Loyalty is...glue.  Loyalty is a diamond.  Etc.

So my wonderful DS chose pooping.  That's right, because pooping is IMPORTANT.

So now his metaphors.  Please do not copy, as these will be copyrighted.  LOL

Pooping is...

an exploding grenade.

a rotting corpse in a pond.

squeezing ketchup out of a bottle.

a sigh.

a fly's dinner.

I think he's feeling better.  There is much laughter.

Pooping has always been a favorite topic around here. :lol:

• Like 6