Menu

Ignore this thread!

Not you as in you're not a tough princess? Or you wouldn't have felt awkward?

I'm not tough. I handle tough situations well but I would never intentionally be put in one. Someone climbed Mount st. Helens in heals. I probably wouldn't have done it otherwise. ;)

• Like 1

I have no shame in making him carry my stuff and I definitely was not skipping ahead with energy to spare. When we got to timberline on the way down (1 1/2 miles left, fairly flat) I started crying because I was so tired and I didn't stop until we got to the car where I apparently fell asleep before Matt finished packing.

Then it seems things are divided up just fine.
  • Like 3

I am attempting to ketchup, but am oddly anxious to interrupt my ketchup flow and share with you about my skissors.

So in Duck's house there are:

Blue Grownup Fiskars skissors for MOM but often stolen and not returned to Mom's desk* 

Orange Grownup Fiskars skissors for MOM but often stolen and not returned to Mom's desk*

Blue Grownup Cheap skissors for the garage

Blue Kid Fiskars for DS8

Pink Kid Fiskars for Dd6

Green Kid Fiskars for Dd5

Purple Kid Fiskars for Dd4

Black Cutcos for the kitchen (a wedding gift, and the only thing from the knife set that was worth keeping)

little skissors for the sewing basket

other little skissors that I just found in the corner of crawlspace today beside where we keep the kids off-season shoes; they are still there now.  Because what gets left in the crawlspace, stays in the crawlspace.  

nice manicure skissors that I stole from dh when we were married so I could use them on my nails.  They were his, for his nose hairs, and has not forgiven me.

cheap manicure skissors that came free in the mail from some organization wanting a donation.  I gave them to dh. 

hair cutting skissors, used for cutting tags off of new clothes.  Because I don't do hair cuts, much to dh's dismay.  

I think that is all.

*hence the need for two. :toetap05:

*I should mention that I stole the orange ones from MY mom decades ago.  The irony of that just hit me now.  :lol:

• Like 9

I felt that by hugging me long and hard that he would feel that I was not wearing a bra because it was all smashed there between us.  I have enough to make a difference in what sort of support chosen.  I also am kind of old and need support.  In a baggy shirt with a baggy sweatshirt over it, nothing can be seen.  But when you grab someone to your bosom (hehehe) and hold them there for a long time, it might become obvious.  I tried to shake his hand.  He wanted to hug me like I had donated him a kidney.

Tactical error - should have chosen the supportive bra.  I will not make that mistake again.  I did not anticipate a Hug-a-thon.  I would have gotten pledges and raised money. :lol:

:smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

• Like 2

It's clear and cold here in Central Texas. We may or may not leave the house today. I still have to put away the Christmas stuff that is in the room outside the actual room where we store stuff.

My tree is now tossed beside the driveway!   :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

The ornaments must still be boxed away, though.  I was going to do them tonight, but why do tonight what can wait until the third Saturday in June?  

So there they shall sit. 

• Like 3

I have a pair of orange Fiskars.  They are my favorite.  So sharp.  They were Nan's, and I was at her house using them to cut coupons and admired them.  The next time I saw her, she gave them to me.  <3  That was not too long before her steep decline into Alzheimer's land.  Of all the things Nan gave me, I treasure those scissors the most, I think.  My dh says they are his because they remind him of his childhood since she had them a long time, but I know the truth.  I admired them, and she gave them to me.  At the time even it seemed odd to me, like she knew her time of needing scissors was drawing to a close.  She chose a good home for her scissors.  I love them.

I will think of Nan now every time I use my orange ones.

That was a sweet story.   :001_wub:

• Like 5

Matt just made me some Greek salad for a snack for the week which I am now munching on. If I don't have healthy snacks available I make poor decisions. Lots and lots of poor decisions...

This looks so good!

I want this salad.  A lot.  I think I will make some soon.

Texasmama, you and I have both been wanting this salad for the last 20 minutes.  Maybe we should meet at Slache's house so she can share?  :)

• Like 4

I can't stand bra-less hugs.  Or even bra-less encounters with the UPS man at the front door.  And I am not well-endowed.  

It sounds like Boyfriend likes you, though!   :hurray:  :lol:

I'd say so.  He told me he would see me next time.

I told the story to the boys about how The Boyfriend hugged me a long time (omitting the info about undergarments :huh: ), and one kid said, "SAVAGE!  He's going for both of you!" :mellow:

It's super fun to be me. :smilielol5:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 6

I'm totally willing to share my salad but you should know that after eating it my breath is really, really bad. It's a Greek food thing, I swear. Have you seen 300? It's a total fabrication. They just stood there and breathed through their mouths while everyone jumped off cliffs.

• Like 4

I'm totally willing to share my salad but you should know that after eating it my breath is really, really bad. It's a Greek food thing, I swear. Have you seen 300? It's a total fabrication. They just stood there and breathed through their mouths while everyone jumped off cliffs.

This is not a problem. I just want the salad
  • Like 3

On to the next topic... Laundry at Duck's House.

Out of the dryer and sorted directly into the owner's personal mini-laundry-basket, unfolded.  (We have 6 mini-baskets for myself and kids; dh does his own laundry on his own time.  Because he survived for forty years without me and can manage his own laundry, says I.)  

Children then carry their baskets upstairs and shove their clothes into their labeled organizer drawers, unfolded, while I hang my own.  Everyone then takes their empty basket back to the laundry room.  

It works beautifully and we all get along just fine.  With few exceptions, any wrinkles disappear within ten minutes of putting the garment on, and by the time I die I will have redeemed for myself 68.3 weeks' worth of folding time.*   

*Figure is approximate, and based on absolutely no data whatsoever.  Your own results may vary.  

Edited to add space between "on" and "to."  Because I puffy-heart Ellie and would go home crying were she to see such a glaring error and correct it.    

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 5

I told the story to the boys about how The Boyfriend hugged me a long time (omitting the info about undergarments :huh: ), and ds15 said, "SAVAGE!  He's going for both of you!" :mellow:

Cougar.  

• Like 4

With few exceptions, any wrinkles disappear within ten minutes of putting the garment on,  

I have explained this to my husband and he just wont go for it. I have some very nice clothes hanging in my closet I look fabulous in. Everything else is cotton and dewrinkles in 10 minutes. WHY MUST I FOLD?

• Like 2

I have explained this to my husband and he just wont go for it. I have some very nice clothes hanging in my closet I look fabulous in. Everything else is cotton and dewrinkles in 10 minutes. WHY MUST I FOLD?

STOP FOLDING!!!!

There are other more detailed bloggers who agree, but here's one... 

• Like 1

Someone (Jean??) shared an app that says I must start getting ready for bed now in order to wake up at 5:30 between my sleep cycles.  

So I shall start getting ready for bed now, even though I don't wanna. 

My Hashimoto's makes sleep cycles pretty much non-existent. I try to keep regular hours, and to go to bed earlier, and not to much computer right before bed, but sometimes that doesn't make a bit of difference. :-(

So DS schools at night, right? He asked for history first, so I said okay, then he wanted science. I tried to do grammar next, but he said no, German, please. Okay...

So I get out the German, and he promptly tells me in German that he is sick, his eyes hurt, and he is tired. So I said in German, okay, then go to bed.

So he did.

He should have picked German first!!!!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4

So DS schools at night, right? He asked for history first, so I said okay, then he wanted science. I tried to do grammar next, but he said no, German, please. Okay...

So I get out the German, and he promptly tells me in German that he is sick, his eyes hurt, and he is tired. So I said in German, okay, then go to bed.

So he did.

He should have picked German first!!!!

:001_wub: I hope he sleeps well tonight and feels better.

• Like 1

My nephew, who has been homeschooled since 4th grade iirc, has just received his acceptance to UTD. Please join me in congratulating him!!!!

I was wrong. It was since 6th.

Sis tells me that it has been 7 years, and she has 7 years more to go until youngest graduates. So she is half-way there.

• Like 2

For heaven's sake, y'all have been chatty. I go to one rehearsal and have to ketchup on 4 pages. It is cold. Tomorrow is my favorite day of the week. My fellow teacher wants to have a "long chat" with me tomorrow, which is going to have to mean 15 minutes because that is all the time I have. Must get some sleep.

• Like 2

Does the Duolingo freeze streak thing work the day you buy it or the next day you forget to do it?

Clarification. I did my Duolingo today so if I buy it today and forget on Wednesday will it cover me on Wednesday?

Edited by Slache

I felt that by hugging me long and hard that he would feel that I was not wearing a bra because it was all smashed there between us.  I have enough to make a difference in what sort of support chosen.  I also am kind of old and need support.  In a baggy shirt with a baggy sweatshirt over it, nothing can be seen.  But when you grab someone to your bosom (hehehe) and hold them there for a long time, it might become obvious.  I tried to shake his hand.  He wanted to hug me like I had donated him a kidney.

Tactical error - should have chosen the supportive bra.  I will not make that mistake again.  I did not anticipate a Hug-a-thon.  I would have gotten pledges and raised money. :lol:

Uh-oh.  Methinks RG has the hots for Mama.

I have a pair of orange Fiskars.  They are my favorite.  So sharp.  They were Nan's, and I was at her house using them to cut coupons and admired them.  The next time I saw her, she gave them to me.  <3  That was not too long before her steep decline into Alzheimer's land.  Of all the things Nan gave me, I treasure those scissors the most, I think.  My dh says they are his because they remind him of his childhood since she had them a long time, but I know the truth.  I admired them, and she gave them to me.  At the time even it seemed odd to me, like she knew her time of needing scissors was drawing to a close.  She chose a good home for her scissors.  I love them.

He can feel the Power of the Fiskars. 

Imma rip that salad out of her pregnant hands and feel no guilt. :lol:

See?  That's Ninja Fiskar Power, right there.

I told the story to the boys about how The Boyfriend hugged me a long time (omitting the info about undergarments :huh: ), and ds15 said, "SAVAGE!  He's going for both of you!" :mellow:

Oh, yeah.  College girl is just a front.

Cougar.  

I already thought that.  Like, a long time ago.

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

Yeah, maybe, but he still thinks you're hot.

• Like 3