Menu

Ignore this thread!

Lynn, Brooks Adrenalins are on sale at PRC.

Thanks!  I think our local running shop sent out a similar discount.  For the last couple years (every day wear, as well as attempting to run) I've been wearing Mizuno - I think a 10.5 or 11 narrow.  They fit better than anything I've ever had before, so I like to stick with them. :001_smile:   

• Like 4

(((Junie)))

We are full steam ahead with school and online classes tomorrow. I'm the original fun mom.

You and me both!  I think I have told this here before.... but my 12yo dd was asked what her favorite subject was when she was 5 or 6.  She said copywork.  Yep, that's how we role here.  You get all your other stuff done and Mommy will let you do copywork!  yay! 

• Like 4

And Good Holiday Monday Morning!  I am up alone!  Dh is sleeping in because he and oldest ds are off.  Hope everyone has a great day either schooling or not.  Hugs to Junie - hope your headache recedes today.

JoJosMom - I expect a pee report on Buddy by the time I get home.  Hope they can find a better long time fix for the poor guy! 

• Like 5

Can you put the walking videos on your phone and listen to them in another room?

The living room is the only room that doesn't have too much furniture.  

And if you were to ever see my phone you would understand why that would never work.   :laugh:

ETA: This is my phone.   :lol:

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

The living room is the only room that doesn't have too much furniture.  

And if you were to ever see my phone you would understand why that would never work.   :laugh:

ETA: This is my phone.   :lol:

Pssssst - they stop working when you get them wet.  Then you have to get a newer, funner phone.

• Like 6

Poor Mr. Ellie. He's off today, but he's also sick. It's cedar-fever weather here in Central Texas, and normally he doesn't react, but this year must be a banner year for cedar pollen, so he's all snuffly.

:grouphug: Mr. Ellie. How long does the cedar pollen hang around?

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 1

Dh just informed me that we are supposed to get 4 inches of snow Wednesday. I rescheduled the appointment for the lady I help for Wednesday at 3:40 p.m. So I don't know. She goes to the heart Dr. in the morning. I am just having a hard time keeping up with all these appointments and children and school and...and... and... always something else.

• Like 2

Cedar starts early in TX! I don't expect ours to go off until about the second week or third week in February. But they might be early this year since it just hasn't been a cold winter yet. 

We have so many trees around our place that when they start, it looks like the air is full of thick, gray smoke. I am very, very glad that I don't have any cedar reactors. Maple makes me sneeze, and that's bad enough.

• Like 2

Sooo....

I realized I do not have T Algebra, but Prealgebra. I am not buying two TT programs. I'll need to do TT Geometry and algebra with something else. Algebra, technically, is review. Of a subject she did...well, barely passed. So, I may need suggestions there. I could go back to MUS. Or just do the Hands-On Equations on Fridays. I don't know.

Sigh...

• Like 1

Sooo....

I realized I do not have T Algebra, but Prealgebra. I am not buying two TT programs. I'll need to do TT Geometry and algebra with something else. Algebra, technically, is review. Of a subject she did...well, barely passed. So, I may need suggestions there. I could go back to MUS. Or just do the Hands-On Equations on Fridays. I don't know.

Sigh...

I would suggest looking at either Kahn or Alcumus for review of Algebra because she can review and then essentially achieve mastery in the topics under Algebra. It would likely benefit her to move quickly through the pre-A portion of

Alcumus. 

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

I keep forgetting about Khan...until someone mentions it again. She did say she'd like to try it again. She just doesn't like the videos. Seeing progress would do her good though. Ok, it's settled. Thanks! That was quick.

Wait, Gymnast wants to type something: fhfhdbsgbsg  fyrygefgjhyaualiughrtyvb

The letters of her name are in there somewhere, just out of order. 

• Like 5

Last day of Ryan's visit.

I was attacked by mental thoughts of a to do list I had not made last night, which made it hard to go to sleep. :huh: But then I did, and I dreamed that a guy who was in charge of several programs when I worked full time and let me use the Keurig in his office every day had quit there to manage a Ross Dress for Less in a nearby town and wanted me to come work for him.  Also, I cleaned out my closet, and it looked great, but there were a lot of little kids with me, for some reason, which slowed me down.

MIL keeps texting dh and complaining and trying to guilt him that our kids have not yet thanked his sister for the Christmas presents.  And she will pray that his heart is softened towards his sister. :huh:  :thumbdown:  :rolleyes:   One of the many reasons we have little to do with the family.  

Also, dh bought gift cards for his brother's adult kids and lost them, then bought a gift certificate for our nephew that could only be used at one location far from him so he decided to keep it for himself, then rebought the original two gift cards and gave those to them.  This is why I say he functions like a person with ADD. Also, they have not thanked him for those (very expensive in the long run) gifts.  Do you think I should let MIL know about that so she can text his brother incessantly and badger him about this?  Because that is why we gave those gifts, for the thanks we would receive, and I want them back now that I did not receive it.

I think I need coffee. :leaving:

IMHO, if one gives gifts to children, verbal thank-yous should be sufficient; moreover, the gifter owes a thank-you card to said children's mother for finding a place to store all the new bleepity bleep @#$%.

(But that is just MHO)  

:lol:

• Like 2

IMHO, if one gives gifts to children, verbal thank-yous should be sufficient; moreover, the gifter owes a thank-you card to said children's mother for finding a place to store all the new bleepity bleep @#$%.

(But that is just MHO)  

:lol:

Family is crazy!

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

My OB offered to put me on birth control meds to try to treat my headaches.   (They usually come just before my cycle begins, so the headaches are likely hormone related.)  However, I have never used birth control methods of any type for religious reasons*, so I'd rather look for another treatment. 

*No, I'm not Catholic.  I'm a very weird Baptist.   ;)

*medical rant alert*

Birth control pills are NOT for everyone.  We had them out like candy for political reasons, but they are contra-indicated in some women AND WE DON'T TRY TO DETERMINE WHETHER A WOMAN FITS THAT POPULATION BEFORE PUTTING HER ON THE PILL.  Like, for example, ME.  I have an autoimmune disorder that is a leading cause of stroke in younger women.  BC pills are very, very bad for a person like me.  Yet I was put on them when I got married by my usually very competent reproductive endocrinologist/OB.  ARGH.  I was not on them for long, but STILL.  Oof.  Given your other autoimmune issues, Junie, I would hope that you have been thoroughly screened.  I would hate to have to bring my bazooka to all of your medical appointments.

:rant:

• Like 4

We were not present for the gift exchange so MIL wants to make sure that my almost 50 year old dh is correctly parented in the area of manners, because neither he nor his sister are actually adults who are responsible for their own relationship or actions or are able to communicate with each other without a go-between of a person who cannot manage her own affairs or relationships even a tiny bit.  Also, while we are at it, do let's treat only the youngest in the family like a 5 year old while ignoring the greater sins of the older siblings.  

But hey, what do I know?  I am simply the moron who married a five year old.  

:leaving:

This is why we divorced them.  Dh just ignores her texts.  That would not be my approach, for what it's worth. :gnorsi:

So, um. Why don't you tell us how you really feel. :)  And, while you're at it, tell us what your approach would be.

• Like 3

Greetings, everyone.  It is time for the morning Buddy Pee Update.

BUDDY PEED!!!!  It's not normal, but I think he's able to clear the bladder on his own sufficiently now.  We're about to head to the vet's outpost in Bonner's Ferry, but I don't think he'll need any intervention today.  We will, however, need to discuss the action plan.  He's been on two antibiotics for a week and still has bloody urine.  I think the only thing that grew in the culture was staph and it was vulnerable to both drugs, but it seems to be taking an inordinate time to clear the infection.  But he peed!  Yay!

(Do I win the "Weirdest ITT Post Ever Award" yet? :huh: )

• Like 10

*medical rant alert*

Birth control pills are NOT for everyone.  We had them out like candy for political reasons, but they are contra-indicated in some women AND WE DON'T TRY TO DETERMINE WHETHER A WOMAN FITS THAT POPULATION BEFORE PUTTING HER ON THE PILL.  Like, for example, ME.  I have an autoimmune disorder that is a leading cause of stroke in younger women.  BC pills are very, very bad for a person like me.  Yet I was put on them when I got married by my usually very competent reproductive endocrinologist/OB.  ARGH.  I was not on them for long, but STILL.  Oof.  Given your other autoimmune issues, Junie, I would hope that you have been thoroughly screened.  I would hate to have to bring my bazooka to all of your medical appointments.

:rant:

Yeah, I frequent an infertility board and often read stories of how bcp have really messed some women up. 

ETA: What a terrible booya. I need to fix this...

Booya_Hoodie_400x400.PNG

Edited by Renai
  • Like 6