Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ahem.  :toetap05:  Noone has posted in over an hour.  It's nearly 3:00 on Friday (for those in Eastern time zone), so don't tell me you're till doing school. 

Here, 14yo is finishing math.  Everyone else is finished.  Oldest ds had virtual assignments today which he is procrastinating (what's new?). 

I'm bored.

• Like 1

My kids are squabbling and restless today. I need to add more physical activity to their day----inexpensive stuff I can do at home.  

Does anyone have a list of old recess games like jump rope, 4 square, hopscotch, etc.?

Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but my DS spent 1/2 hour the other day doing a type of WWF Smackdown with a pillow.  He was quite tired by the end.  I was checking ITT updates the whole time, so I am not really sure what all is involved.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 2

Ahem.  :toetap05:  Noone has posted in over an hour.  It's nearly 3:00 on Friday (for those in Eastern time zone), so don't tell me you're till doing school. 

Here, 14yo is finishing math.  Everyone else is finished.  Oldest ds had virtual assignments today which he is procrastinating (what's new?). 

I'm bored.

Since you are the praying sort you can send some my way.  DH brought DS to the ped/hospital with a swollen jaw.  I got his text that they were there at 12:47 and it is over 2 hours later and I have heard nothing else. :(

And snow is coming...

DS woke me up at 5 complaining his jaw hurt, but there was no swelling at that point, and he could open his mouth wide.  I gave him some children's Tylenol so he could go back to sleep and let DH know to keep an eye on it today.  Boo.  I thought maybe a new tooth?  But swelling.  Ugh. 

I'm bored.

I haven't even had lunch yet.  But then I'm on PST. 

• Like 2

Since you are the praying sort you can send some my way.  DH brought DS to the ped/hospital with a swollen jaw.  I got his text that they were there at 12:47 and it is over 2 hours later and I have heard nothing else. :(

And snow is coming...

DS woke me up at 5 complaining his jaw hurt, but there was no swelling at that point, and he could open his mouth wide.  I gave him some children's Tylenol so he could go back to sleep and let DH know to keep an eye on it today.  Boo.  I thought maybe a new tooth?  But swelling.  Ugh. 

Could it have been an allergic reaction?

Since you are the praying sort you can send some my way. DH brought DS to the ped/hospital with a swollen jaw. I got his text that they were there at 12:47 and it is over 2 hours later and I have heard nothing else. :(

And snow is coming...

DS woke me up at 5 complaining his jaw hurt, but there was no swelling at that point, and he could open his mouth wide. I gave him some children's Tylenol so he could go back to sleep and let DH know to keep an eye on it today. Boo. I thought maybe a new tooth? But swelling. Ugh.

Prayers for quick and easy treatment and safe trip home!

Ahem. :toetap05: Noone has posted in over an hour. It's nearly 3:00 on Friday (for those in Eastern time zone), so don't tell me you're till doing school.

Here, 14yo is finishing math. Everyone else is finished. Oldest ds had virtual assignments today which he is procrastinating (what's new?).

I'm bored.

After cleaning up lunch I went across the street to the park to watch the kids sledding and clothe the neighbor kids who have no gloves or hats or scarves and whose hands were frozen. Then we came back for hot chocolate and Panera cinnamon bread and story time. Now my kids are back outside playing in the snow and the neighbor kids are taking naps on my sofa.

• Like 5

And snow is coming...

Praying for your ds!  And hoping for an update soon!

• Like 1

DH said it wasn't his regular ped, and the doc who looked at DS didn't know what it was. :confused1:  Probably viral not bacterial.  Prescribed some medication that we should only give him if he develops a fever.  Oh, and their office is closed all weekend, so if it gets worse, go to the ER.

Um, thanks?

DS is feeling okay, considering.

But with the snow coming, that means DH did not want to leave me alone with kiddo all weekend, and he decided to use vaca. :hurray:

• Like 5

Mary just had her first kicking screaming tantrum. That was nice.

Dh and I fondly remember one of our children's tantrums several years back.  The child grabbed a pillow and threw it on the floor before flinging self down on it.  We laughed and laughed over that, and have sometimes been known to offer a pillow when same child gets a bit upset over something.  Child does not appreciate our humor.   :lol:  

• Like 7

I don't supposed you're getting snowed in in Texas though.  :hat:

It does actually snow in some parts of Texas. Not where I live, not often, but it does snow. And we get nasty freezes once in awhile, such that all the overpasses are closed because they have iced so badly.

Today we are clear and cold. The sun is shining, but boy howdy, when you get out there, you *know* it's cold!

• Like 1

So, hula class was pretty good today. Except I have a boom box to play our music on (because it's just easier to have one of those things than to mess with little hand-held devices), and I never know if it will play or not. :cursing: Must do something before next week.

• Like 5

Dh and I fondly remember one of our children's tantrums several years back. The child grabbed a pillow and threw it on the floor before flinging self down on it. We laughed and laughed over that, and have sometimes been known to offer a pillow when same child gets a bit upset over something. Child does not appreciate our humor. :lol:

Neither would I.
  • Like 1

I drove on the treacherous roads and survived. Home again with a roaring fire and am considering hot chocolate. We have no snow, but where I went got about four inches and it was a lot slippery in places. Glad to be home.

ETA: Safety first Booyah!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 7

Is it OK if I don't have a start and stop to the school year, I don't keep track of the hours, I don't care how long a book takes, and I don't do formal grading until Jr. High? I always see all of these posts covering these topics and it makes me wonder. I will provide a rigorous academic experience and my children will be well educated, but I don't care if 3rd grade math takes 45 minutes. That's okay, right? I mean, I'm the mom. I'll know when they've got something down and when they'll need more time. Do I have to plan it all out so we finish every book at the same time and call it a school year?

• Like 3

Is it OK if I don't have a start and stop to the school year, I don't keep track of the hours, I don't care how long a book takes, and I don't do formal grading until Jr. High? I always see all of these posts covering these topics and it makes me wonder. I will provide a rigorous academic experience and my children will be well educated, but I don't care if 3rd grade math takes 45 minutes. That's okay, right? I mean, I'm the mom. I'll know when they've got something down and when they'll need more time. Do I have to plan it all out so we finish every book at the same time and call it a school year?

Your plan sounds fine.

• Like 6

We just go at whatever pace each child needs.  For instance, dd7 is almost finished with 2nd grade math, is halfway through 1st grade spelling, and is also in 3rd grade Language.  We school year-round and just do the next thing in each subject.

• Like 3