Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ikslo, are you using native materials for German? I'm just wondering what you are using because Gymnast is interested in learning German. I'm not at a level to use native materials though. We've just been watching Little Pim every once in a while. Since her Spanish is improving by leaps and bounds, I don't mind adding German now.

No, I am using Learnables, plus various apps (like Poptok), and some duolingo thrown in (we do that together, but not as often as Learnables).  I have my German books from high school which I pull out sometimes. 

I thought about doing native materials.  When I looked at them for the level he is (beginner!), however, I thought he wouldn't like the "little kid" graphics as he calls them.  But maybe I'll look again.  Hmmm. 

• Like 2

I spent all this time looking for my glasses. They were on my face.

This cracked me up. Not laughing at you... Laughing with you. I do this a few times a year and dh thinks it is hysterical.

I hope you have a better day. That is so incredibly discouraging. Lately, I try not to compare my days to each other. I have had to come to a place where each morning is a blank slate. Anything I get done is one thing I didn't have done when I woke up. It stinks to live that way, and it is almost impossible to have any goals other than, "Do the next thing." My whole nature rails against it.

I too wish I could give you more than cyber hugs:-(

• Like 4

Well, my venison concoction turned out very nicely yesterday. I am actually having the last bit for breakfast this am.

Chicken is roasting in the oven. I cut up veggies for a stock when said chicken is done and the bones have been picked. I have decided that I am going to make dinner in the morning from now on. That is the only way it gets done consistently. I just have to change my routine.

#easiersaidthandone

• Like 5

Today is my first day as kumu hula. Thanks to my kumu friend in Cali, I have lesson plans for both beginning and intermediate classes, and we are working on next week.

I shall report back.

That is all.

Wishing you good luck and wishing I could take your hula class.:)

Oh, and how was the Wen hair products? Are they as wonderful as the commercial says?

I spent all this time looking for my glasses.  They were on my face.

I have done this. I hope you are feeling better. :grouphug:
  • Like 1

Susan, be ready to video any funny ridiculousness. :D

But, seriously, hugs to him. I hope he is not too miserable.

I was so ready for it, but all he did was hiccup. Oh well. Maybe dd17 will perform appropriately when the time comes. :D

The daughter of a friend started speaking in Japanese, though the nurse commented to my friend that they all sound like that (gibberish). A Japanese nurse came by and said, "No, she is actually speaking Japanese!" The girl had been teaching herself for a couple of years. When they brought her pencil and paper to write down what she was saying, she wrote in Kanji. :D

• Like 7

:seeya:  everyone.

Lynn:  How about short stories for a while until you decide?

Lynn's stalker hubby:  Hi.  You know if you are stalking your wife, you're also stalking us.  There are laws against this.  Which you should know.

Renai:  Where did the cake pic go?  And I was going to say "Be careful on treacherous roads," but you obviously were.  (BTW, those are normal winter roads here.  :scared: )

Jean:  Of course your glasses were on your face.  Duh.  (Ask me how I know this.  On second thought, please don't.  It's embarrassing.)

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GYMNAST!!!  :party: :party: :party:

• Like 6

Very helpful.  I'm trying to regulate my bs.  (blood sugar in this case but the other kind in all other cases)

Caveat:  My blood sugar is truly a freak of nature.  Example:  I have SEVERE reactive hypoglycemia.  In fact, the drop can be so sudden and so far that I had an endocrinologist (and someone whose opinion I respect and wholeheartedly would and have recommended for diabetics) told me that the reaction I described to him is physically impossible.  Until it happened in a hospital setting.  Oops.

As for the secondary part, if I were to regulate that part of me, there's be nothing left! :laugh:

• Like 2

I need a Lego Ninjago Singapore-based Math Curriculum.  

Preferably with free two-day shipping.

Because Ds8 says that is what would make math worthwhile. 

I also need milk.  Because antibiotics caused me to vomit on way to pick up more milk.  

And finally I need a new chic designer eco-friendly grocery bag.  Because, well.......  vomit. 

That is all.   :hat:

• Like 2

I spent all this time looking for my glasses.  They were on my face. 

I've done that. I've also been looking for my phone while talking on it and been looking for my keys that were in my hand. 

I'm too young to lose my mind like this! 

Wishing you good luck and wishing I could take your hula class. :)

Oh, and how was the Wen hair products? Are they as wonderful as the commercial says?

I have done this. I hope you are feeling better. :grouphug:

I'm curious about the Wen products. There is a lawsuit right now with 200 women stating that Wen hair products made them lose their hair. :/  (Probably not the most reliable source that I just linked, but I have heard it from multiple sources.)

• Like 3

I need a Lego Ninjago Singapore-based Math Curriculum.  

Can you just let him have a mini-figure to play with while he's doing his MIF?  My DS usually has something in his left hand while he's writing with his right.  Sometimes he has his toys do the math for him. ;)

Granted, sometimes math takes a little longer because I occasionally have to re-direct.  And that might not work with multiple kids and timelines and schedules and such. 

• Like 2

I would never purposely break a child's spirit. I wouldn't even do it by accident. I really was kidding. If I really truly think I need to break a child's spirit at work, I need to quit my job. There is no place for it.

Gymnast is not an easy child, so I can relate to many of the parents of the children I'm dealing with. She purposely wants to do the opposite of everything I want her to do, and I'm not an easy parent. Fun, yes. A pushover, no. There was a time from, like the age of 1.5, where I wondered if I could homeschool her. I still wonder sometimes. She really wants to, though, so we'll give it a try. It really is her spirit. I have a strong personality, too, so it would not work for me to have sweet kids, I guess. 

What I tell parents is our kids with strong personalities will be our leaders. They need the guidance to use those strong traits to be good leaders. It is a long road. I'm not there yet. After all, my oldest is only 16.

Oh, I know nobody really wants to totally break their spirit. What is a spirit, anyway?

I just think there are kids where, if you could change the fact that they are born fighters, you would. But you can't.

• Like 1

Can you just let him have a mini-figure to play with while he's doing his MIF?  My DS usually has something in his left hand while he's writing with his right.  Sometimes he has his toys do the math for him. ;)

Granted, sometimes math takes a little longer because I occasionally have to re-direct.  And that might not work with multiple kids and timelines and schedules and such. 

That's a great idea.

Wiggles really aren't his issue; it's more a case of "math stifles my creative genius, Mom."  He's my artist.  My inventor.  My writer.  Straight arithmetic, and word problems about Juan and Caroline's oranges, just don't speak his language.  

But he was making up Ninjago word problems on his own this morning (while I was sick) and started to make his own Ninjago math book because he thought that would be more fun than his real math book.  So maybe just throwing some lego figures in with his manipulatives would help.

I'll give it a try! 

• Like 4

That's a great idea.

Wiggles really aren't his issue; it's more a case of "math stifles my creative genius, Mom."  He's my artist.  My inventor.  My writer.  Straight arithmetic, and word problems about Juan and Caroline's oranges, just don't speak his language.  

But he was making up Ninjago word problems on his own this morning (while I was sick) and started to make his own Ninjago math book because he thought that would be more fun than his real math book.  So maybe just throwing some lego figures in with his manipulatives would help.

I'll give it a try! 

What level in MIF is he?

• Like 1

I think Queen Ellie should come and decree that there shall be no more illness amongst the ITT Peeps henceforth and thither. :sad:

I do thus decree....

....but I'm pretty sure that's a piecrust promise: easily made, easily broken. :crying:

I hate it when all my peeps are sick. :cursing:

• Like 8

Ok. Two hula classes pau, and I lived to tell about it. So did they. :hat:

Glad you lived through your classes.

Now I have to learn Hawaiian.  sigh.

ETA:  This booya is brought to you by Ellie, Hula Instructor Extraordinare.

#noh because she would just fix it anyway   :sneaky2:

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5