Menu

Ignore this thread!

This page had nothing to do with Satan. If anything the entire thread does because it distracts us from scripture and training our children. But the number is nonsense.

The number is nonsense? Whatchya mean? 

Also, I'm waiting to post my "thank God we didn't die, because we really could have!" post until later.... anticipation!

• Like 1

I certainly don't think it means that evil things will happen, but sometimes it's hard to break out of the mindset of the early '80s end times videos and 666 Mark of the Beast tattoo paranoia. lol

Good grief, we had to watch so many of those at church.

I didn't go to church in the 80s. I didn't become a Christian until I was 17 (2003).

• Like 2

and on...

Mary, were you Pentecostal in the 80s?

Nope. Independent Baptist. 

About as strict as Pentecostal, but you know...without raising hands, singing fast, or having drums. haha

Our pastor would often preach on the perils of girls wearing jeans. *snort*

Someone in our church actually wrote a crazy article about how drums were evil because they came from Africa and Africa and blacks were evil. 

That went over like a lead balloon, especially since our music leader and a deacon, plus other founding families were African-American. 

They got more relaxed as the year went on, but I left before then. 

Went to a Southern Baptist after that, then a non-denominational, then I met my Pentecostal husband. We compromised with an Assembly of God church, which feels more non-denominational to me. So, it works. We both love it and that's all that matters, I guess. 

• Like 6