Menu

Ignore this thread!

What's the older cat's name?

The older cat is Gitana (G pronounced like /h/), Spanish for gypsy.

We also have two small dogs: Chavela (Spanish nickname  for Isabella) and Luna (Spanish for moon).

One hamster named Bubbles.

To give an idea of names we've used in the past, we've had dogs named: Luke, Buster, Chaco, and Lily, a fish named George, and a bird named Cruci (crucigrama=crossword). 20 years ago, before husband and kids, I had a cat with a crooked tail named Kid and a bird named Tae (kwon do).

We're very eclectic.

• Like 2

One of the presidential campaign leaders is coming after Matt hard core as a leading something or other in Oregon because he's the top something volunteer in the country, meaning he's spent the most amount of time doing certain things. I don't have a full understanding of this, hence all the somethings, but basically Matt has spent more time getting the word out for this particular candidate than anyone else, including those in paid positions. The reason he's been able to do so is because he does it solely from his computer when there's nothing to do at work which has been frequently, but they want him to actually go out and do things which means either working for them full time or spending all of his evenings out. They can't pay him enough and even if they could he could lose the primaries and it would be over and I don't want him gone every night. I'm sad because this is such a great opportunity, but we just can't do it. He might even win too. :(

Our kitties are Nikki, Tabby (not very creative, she's a beautiful grey tabby), Socks (again, not very creative, she's a beautiful brown tabby with black stripes and.... Wait for it.... White feet) and Snowflake (a white kitty with a tabby tail and she developed 4 large brown spots on her lower back as she's gotten older, so now we call her Dirty Snowflake).

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Back from the store. Gymnast was a terror; now she's playing ball with the kitten. Gitana cops an attitude and hisses, then goes away. We tried to include her in the game, but she just sticks her nose and tail in the air.

I think we've all agreed on Scout.

• Like 4

Our kitties are Nikki, Tabby (not very creative, she's a beautiful grey tabby), Socks (again, not very creative, she's a beautiful brown tabby with black stripes and.... Wait for it.... White feet) and Snowflake (a white kitty with a tabby tail and she developed 4 large brown spots on her lower back as she's gotten older, so now we call her Dirty Snowflake).

We used to have a kitty that was pure white, except for the tips of her ears and tail, her nose, and her feet. They were all dark gray. 

We called her Tipper. :D She was my favorite. 

• Like 2

One of the presidential campaign leaders is coming after Matt hard core as a leading something or other in Oregon because he's the top something volunteer in the country, meaning he's spent the most amount of time doing certain things. I don't have a full understanding of this, hence all the somethings, but basically Matt has spent more time getting the word out for this particular candidate than anyone else, including those in paid positions. The reason he's been able to do so is because he does it solely from his computer when there's nothing to do at work which has been frequently, but they want him to actually go out and do things which means either working for them full time or spending all of his evenings out. They can't pay him enough and even if they could he could lose the primaries and it would be over and I don't want him gone every night. I'm sad because this is such a great opportunity, but we just can't do it. He might even win too. :(

:grouphug: Slache.  Everything has a season.  And the same passion and hard work that brought this opportunity at the wrong time will bring another one at the right time. 

:grouphug:  What she said.  

• Like 1

That looks really good. I may be in.

I am almost done with Humankind. Interesting content. The guy isn't a very good writer and his inappropriately placed political comments were distracting and unnecessary. And his style of citing study authors in the text was also distracting and unnecessary for a book written to the general public. However, the info itself was useful and I learned from it. I suppose that is what counts.

But now I need to move on to something else, and I think Susan has picked a winner!

I think according to Renai's extensive ITT book club rules and regulations, you can pick any book you like. But I am happy for you to join me with this one. It came highly recommended.

• Like 3

I am very jealous of Renai... I miss the kitteh so much. It will be three years in March and I still feel sad when I think of it :crying:

Watched Age of Ultron with the kiddos tonight. Fun except for Stark's "hide the zucchini" comment. I think it went over their heads... I only hope I don't hear it pop out of their mouths at a later date.

Need to get good sleep tonight and start the week with fire under our butts, lol.

#isaidbutt

• Like 2

I don't like that book. It's a boys name.

We have talked about you not saying this ever again in the history of the world. :hat:

We are back from dinner at a friend's house (with another family we know) and my faith in humanity has been restored. Really wonderful, down-to-earth, friendly, and fun people.

(All y'all are my other faith in humanity restorers.)

#usedallyallforthequeen

I need some friends like these. :coolgleamA:

• Like 4

I am very jealous of Renai... I miss the kitteh so much. It will be three years in March and I still feel sad when I think of it :crying:

Watched Age of Ultron with the kiddos tonight. Fun except for Stark's "hide the zucchini" comment. I think it went over their heads... I only hope I don't hear it pop out of their mouths at a later date.

Need to get good sleep tonight and start the week with fire under our butts, lol.

#isaidbutt

I agree.  Also, iirc, flashbacks to Black Widow's training, etc. were a little heavy. 

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2

So, I learned something new tonight. 
Stainless steel can remove smells from your hands! I had no idea. 

I had a bottle of perfume in my glove compartment. I put them there when we went on a trip because I grabbed them after the toiletries bag was already packed up. Anyway, one is cheap and apparently started leaking. So, the perfume got all over my hands. It's a great scent, just not a tablespoon on you! A friend suggested that I rub our stainless steel sink while running cold water over my hands. She does this when she handles garlic or onions and thought it might work. It didn't take all the smell away, but it took away a huge chunk of it. I was impressed. 

• Like 3

I am rode hard and put up wet, ITT friends.  It was a 12 hour day, and I am cranky.  

Didn't get any boots because the store was closed.  

Both boys want me to teach high school English again.  

A friend left a message while I was in the movie about doing therapy with her inlaws, but I went from the movie home to cook dinner and then out with dh.  Then she texted me.  So I referred her to someone local who is very good and nice.  

Dh decided we all needed to see Star Wars.  I was not wowed.  I don't know if this is a typical reaction.

Off topic (as if there is such a thing) - this morning, dh woke me up for church by touching me on the arm and rubbing it lightly.  It made me want to shout and crawl out of my skin.  I wish he would just speak to me to wake me up.  I know he was trying to be nice, but it was very abrasive. :leaving:

I hope you get the best and longest sleep tonight you've had in months!

Bummer the store was closed.  You'll be rockin a new pair soon.

Yay that you're a great teacher and that your boys know it.

Yay for referring friend's inlaws to someone good and nice.

Star Wars - I forgive you, lol.

And the last.  I totally get that.  My 10yo ds thinks it's funny to kiss me on the shoulder every time he passes by and it makes me want to jump out of my skin!  And now that he knows that, he does it more.  I should not complain - in another year or two he wouldn't be caught dead doing it - but it still drives me nuts.  Stop touching me before I puke on you!

• Like 4