Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think the laptop is Windows 7 or 8. I don't remember. The touchpad only works sometimes. The desktop finally is turning on again but it is really slow. I've cleaned it (CC Cleaner) and run antivirus and malware finders on it but it is still slow. I also need to fix the monitor output thingy. Or, better yet, I can just upload all the files into google drive (the ones I haven't done yet), and start it from scratch with a new OS.

I have two non-typical learners.  They both learn what they learn when they learn it and how they learn it.  (I know - that sounds weird and probably duh but that sort of sums up my educational philosophy.)  Pushing them to learn how others learn or when others learn or even the (to some extent) what others say to learn, has met with brick walls  It isn't stubbornness, though they certainly are stubborn enough.  I decided after years of us getting battered, to go with them instead of against them and it has worked for us.  (And they aren't spoiled, I don't think.  But what do I know. . .)  I'm looking to graduate one of them so we'll see how he does with college.  I figure I don't have any proof of anything working or failing until then. 

• Like 7

I keep forgetting that in modern terms, my computer is old. It got overhauled last year. I had moved all my files first, and got the drive clean and a new OS. Who knows if stuff was left behind on it though.

ETA: It's slow starting and trying to do anything.

Edited by Renai

She's given up.

No, I'm just back and forth between this and life.  :lol:  It's the touchpad on the laptop that only works once in a while. Dd16 has just informed me that it's been working well lately.

I'm not sure how full my C drive is. I've already loaded a bunch of stuff to google drive, and deleted a bunch of stuff. That was a while back. I was so frustrated though, I haven't been on that pc since I got my work computer. That's what I'm using now.

• Like 2

Mine is still up. I'm slightly embarrassed. :/ I had planned on putting it away after we got back from our Christmas travels, but got a bad stomach virus. Then with dd's ER visit and subsequent drs visits, I just haven't had the desire to do anything.

I plan on getting it put away this weekend, though.

Ours is also up. Not sure when we'll get it down. BUT the Methodist church still has their Nativity up and lit, so I feel OK about it. :)

• Like 1

Up late tonight. It's nearly midnight, PST. The ambulance took my dad to the hospital early evening, so I was there with my mom until now. He was conscious but unresponsive. Just stared off into space. No talking, didn't even respond to my mom's questions. He acted like she wasn't even there. They did a boat load of tests, but everything came normal. Ugh! I guess it's good he didn't have a stroke, but they have absolutely no idea what is wrong with him. I left my mom there at the hospital. They were going to do a urinalysis and a spinal tap to see if that gives any answers.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 1

Does he just pop in here randomly and read or has he read the whole thing?

Hello all.

It's true.  I pop in every now and then to find out what my wife is always laughing about.  

I don't read all the post but I have to admit, this group can be pretty funny.

:lurk5:

• Like 11

Lynn, have you decided on a book for morning time?

Hey, thanks for thinking of me! 

I might do "Thinking in Threes" in morning time - it's a writing book I wanted to do with 12yo dd, and I was thinking it might be more fun discussing it with more than just one student, plus it would save time for her by getting it done during morning time.  I think I'm going to try it next week.

My fall back plan is Fellowship of the Ring, maybe. 

Are you feeling better?  Back in the swing of things yet?

• Like 3

Hey, thanks for thinking of me!

I might do "Thinking in Threes" in morning time - it's a writing book I wanted to do with 12yo dd, and I was thinking it might be more fun discussing it with more than just one student, plus it would save time for her by getting it done during morning time. I think I'm going to try it next week.

My fall back plan is Fellowship of the Ring, maybe.

Are you feeling better? Back in the swing of things yet?

"Thinking in Threes" sounds interesting, and you could kill two birds with one stone or maybe three birds with one stone. :D

I am feeling better. We had an "official" school day yesterday. The twins done well after being on break for so long. We will be back on our regular schedule Monday, I hope anyway.

• Like 4

I wasn't goofy after my surgery. I walked out and the receptionist said something that ignited a conversation about human anatomy. She found it interesting, but the surgeon came out and asked me why I was so comfortable talking so much and I told him I was high which made everyone laugh. I was funny (apparently) but not goofy.

• Like 3

((Jean, Krissi, Susan's son))

:hurray: for Gymnast

If Lynn's husband is here, I may have to run away blushing :lol: :seeya:

I was roused by the Peapod guy ringing the doorbell this morning. He was a half hour early :toetap05:

I am going to try to get through Teaching the Classics DVDs today. I like the guy, but so far he has basically been reading out of the book. I am thinking today he will branch out a bit. I really don't like it when people giving presentations read from the same handouts I already have. I can read. And I can read in less time than you can speak. So either just give me the book, or tell me something I don't have in print. Rant over:-)

I also ordered the Novare lab manual yesterday. Can't wait to get it even though I am dreading physics experiments next year.

School talk over.

My Christmas decos are still up. They really need to come down this weekend.

Renai, the minions made me giggle.

Edited by Professormom
  • Like 8

School is on another 2-hour delay due to icy roads. It is a good thing because my phone had died and I didn't get up until 7. I was slightly awake, for a while, wondering why it was getting light outside but no alarm. I finally checked the phone and saw it was dead. So I checked the district website and said thank goodness because I didn't want to be late for work.

I came to ITT. Because, what else would someone do in my position? I woke up Gymnast with the birthday video that Dawn posted. It was fitting, as she loves MLP! She started singing and dancing, as did I. Dd16 said that was going to be her new favorite song. She then brought in the cake that she had decorated last night. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R-ogo4A7xXI-JpMbefTCE74sHDsaJKy8-A/view?usp=sharingGymnast then opened the presents that were not wrapped, but still in the Amazon bags they had come in. She didn't mind. :D

Nice, relaxed morning.

• Like 11

German - because that's what I know, and I think starting a foreign language early is good for the brain. DS likes it well enough, but knows he can change to something else later on if he really wants to. Like high xchool. Maybe. LOL

Ikslo, are you using native materials for German? I'm just wondering what you are using because Gymnast is interested in learning German. I'm not at a level to use native materials though. We've just been watching Little Pim every once in a while. Since her Spanish is improving by leaps and bounds, I don't mind adding German now.