Menu

Ignore this thread!

Not "Lost." :hat:

Revolution (JJ Abrams), Friday Night Lights, The Leftovers, and now American Crime (both seasons). I also did "My All American," a movie about a football player. A pilot for a Lifetime series that wasn't picked up, and a series that was but shouldn't have been, canceled after just three episodes.

• Like 5

Good Morning ITTers!

I ran out of likes at 6:00am.  There should be a law against that.

I am horrible at being pregnant, but very efficient at giving birth.  I do it especially well with an epidural, :hat: , although I did it once without it and lived to tell.  (Maybe I've already told that story - delivered 15 minutes after I got to the hospital with my 3rd.)

ETA:  Regarding pain, the worst two were the inductions - worse than the labor without the epidural.

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 6

Good Morning ITTers!

I am horrible at being pregnant, but very efficient at giving birth.  I do it especially well with an epidural, :hat: , although I did it once without it and lived to tell.  (Maybe I've already told that story - delivered 15 minutes after I got to the hospital with my 3rd.)

ETA:  Regarding pain, the worst two were the inductions - worse than the labor without the epidural.

I was so much nicer when I got my epidural. I hope I always have an epidural. I do not do well with pain. I was making up all sorts of curse words when they upped my pitocin without giving me an epi...and I don't curse. 

A friend of mine did much like you with her second baby. She was pretty sure she'd give birth in the parking lot. 

• Like 2

I was induced and I hope I don't have to go through that again. My BP was getting way too high and they were worried about me, so we induced. I wasn't even remotely dilated or effaced. It was rough. 

Pregnancy wasn't enjoyable and birthing obviously wasn't enjoyable. But, at least I got this darn cute, sassy kid. :)

• Like 4

Poopaerobics!

I woke up a little before 4am and started to doze off again just about the time I had to get up. Birds need food. Music needs editing/printing. I have rehearsal tonight - it will be good to get back to playing with other grownups. :)

The photographer was at dd's birth because the paper was doing an article on the midwife group that I was using and decided to focus their story on my experience. The photographer was very non-intrusive and only came in the room when we gave the OK a few minutes after she was born. We have a gazillion beautiful professional photos of her. :)

• Like 7

I heart jj abrams. I think Fringe and Once Upon A Time are his best works.

Goodnight everyone!

A lurker liked this post.

I think I remember the conversation being about Lost and somewhere around that conversation, she mentioned Revolution and being an extra. 

I see. Yeah, that sounds like something I would mess up.

Imma take a nap.

• Like 2

Love me some Clapton. Wonderful Tonight was our prom theme. Ah the memories.

Good Morning ITTers!

I am very bad pregnant. Hyperemesis makes it misery from the moment of conception to delivery. Turned out I wasn't very good at delivery either. 12 hours hard labor with both. Dh thought I was dying. I hardly said a word though and couldn't even open my eyes. Dr was worried. In olden times, I would probably not have the beautiful gifts I have today. My body is just not baby friendly. That is why we had to stop. I wanted four :crying: I have a friend who pops them out like candy. She has 8:-)  

Coffee! Must. Have. COFFEE!

You just reminded me I stuck some in the frig. Nuked coffee may not be my preference, but this morning, I will take it!

Poopaerobics!

I woke up a little before 4am and started to doze off again just about the time I had to get up. Birds need food. Music needs editing/printing. I have rehearsal tonight - it will be good to get back to playing with other grownups. :)

The photographer was at dd's birth because the paper was doing an article on the midwife group that I was using and decided to focus their story on my experience. The photographer was very non-intrusive and only came in the room when we gave the OK a few minutes after she was born. We have a gazillion beautiful professional photos of her. :)

That sounds lovely. (the photos:-)
  • Like 4

Well, we were supposed to go skiing tomorrow with a homeschool group here, but it is supposed to rain!?! The weather this year is so weird. We are usually skiing by dec 1 at the latest. We didn't even really get snow until the weekend after Christmas. It was a bummer. So the kids don't get to weasel out of school tomorrow, lol. I think I will make them cookies to help the sting of disappointment. From a package. Because #sonottopchef.

• Like 4

Schools are on a 2-hour delay. I am so glad because I did not want to see my morning class today. 

Mary (Southern Ivy), I so hear you on having a hard class this year. My morning class is it. If they had made my class full day, and my morning class was it, I would've quit in September. Thankfully, it is a half-day program, and my afternoon class helps my bp go back down.

Sigh. I really, really need an at-home job next year. It won't pay as much, it will take longer  to pay off debt, but I need to be home. I love home.

• Like 4

You're a TV star? :coolgleamA:  And you didn't tell us? :huh:  Or you really are Meryl Streep?   :laugh:

I don't have (much) TV access, so I need more details.  Please.

She's told us quite a bit. We've known when she's been on set and everything. You just got here late and didn't get the news. Oh, well. Now you know our secret.

• Like 3

I was going to run.  But it's 27 degrees.  I think might wait until this afternoon - it will get up to 48!!!  Afternoon runs generally don't go well, but I'm willing to take the chance.  :hat:

So? 

Sissy.

Sissy?  You're lucky I don't leave the state when it gets this cold!  When do I get old enough to start living in Florida half the year? 

• Like 4

I heart jj abrams. I think Fringe and Once Upon A Time are his best works.

Goodnight everyone!

Dd16 got me on Once Upon a Time. I like it. Too bad it doesn't start back up until March. I finally caught up on all the episodes over vacation break, thinking it was going to start back up in January. Sigh.

• Like 2

Schools are on a 2-hour delay. I am so glad because I did not want to see my morning class today. 

Mary (Southern Ivy), I so hear you on having a hard class this year. My morning class is it. If they had made my class full day, and my morning class was it, I would've quit in September. Thankfully, it is a half-day program, and my afternoon class helps my bp go back down.

Sigh. I really, really need an at-home job next year. It won't pay as much, it will take longer  to pay off debt, but I need to be home. I love home.

Ahh, a comrade. 

I felt the same way with this group. I wanted a new class in September. They're just rude and hateful, as a whole. There are some that redeem the group and if I could have a whole class of them, I'd be peachy; but some just push me over the edge. The worst one, thankfully, is in SPED, so I only have to deal with that situation for maybe an hour all together. But, I've had 4 years of this, the last 3 being unbearable. I'm honestly surprised by my ability to hold out this long. 

As I said earlier, my only flicker of hope is that the 3rd grade teachers are saying we will love this upcoming class. I'm hoping to go out with a happy thought towards teaching and not a "good riddance". 

I feel like if I have an at-home job, I won't have time for dd. What time of job are you thinking of getting? 

• Like 1

I like pregnancy. Although with the first I was vomiting for about 7 out of the 9 months. At least I finally figured out it was the 1% milk and switching to whole solved that problem. The second, I was so silly and everything made me laugh. The cat often worried about me, and would try to calm me down by putting her nasty paws in my face. I didn't let her. I laughed at her. I also climbed a fence and couldn't get down. That was funny too. :lol:  Birthing is 50/50 - one csection and a vbac. I'm glad I didn't get late ultrasounds or they would have highly discouraged me from birthing my second. Oh, well, she's here now. I remember some silly nurse, upon learning the weight of my 2nd, exclaiming that I should have had a section. I gave her the strangest look. She realized how strange she sounded considering I pushed the kid out.  :laugh:

• Like 3

Sissy?  You're lucky I don't leave the state when it gets this cold!  When do I get old enough to start living in Florida half the year? 

My aunt and uncle retired in Anchorage.  :confused1:  Granted, his daughter and grandkids live up there; so they wanted to be closer. They try to travel the 48 when it's winter. So backwards to me, but they've always been different. 

• Like 2

But there's bugs and scary snakes and alligators and humidity in Florida!!  If it's a little cool, just put on more clothes!

I am a very calm birther as well, with the exception of the end of delivering my last baby. My water broke and I was in hard labor for about 3 hours, and finally dd (all 9lb, 6oz of her) decided to descend and went from -5 to crowning in 20 minutes. That was torture. I think I scared the news photographer who was waiting outside the room. :D

Wow, another celebrity in our midst!

• Like 2

Announcement:  It has been a Banner Week here at the Rivendell Academy of the Frozen Tundra.

On Monday, DD received her AoPS grade report for Intro to Counting and Probability.  She struggled MIGHTILY through that class, worked super hard, and spent extra time after the final class to bring all Alcumus sections into the blue.  She got an A (which may or may not be very impressive because they only give letter grades on request and I suspect they always make it an A), but more impressive were the instructor comments, including "[brilliant child's] ...problem-solving and mathematical computation skills [are] on par with those of a second-year mathematics major at a very selective college."

Yesterday, DD received her grade on her Latin 2 final.  Latin 2 being her introduction to real Latin. Up until this year Latin was gentle and informal and I put her in the class with much trepidation.  Ninety-one percent on the final, 92% for the semester.  Woot!

This morning, I got DD's PSAT report (we did it for a pre-high school baseline.)  Under 1400 but super close!  She may have a National Merit qualifying score in our state (yay for rural states!) as an 8th grader.  Woot Woot!!

So, in summary,  :party: :party: :party:

Result:  School is closed for the day.  We shall head south to Not So Big City and watch the new Star Wars in 3D!

(After I go shovel poop. Le sigh.)

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 14

Ahh, a comrade. 

I felt the same way with this group. I wanted a new class in September. They're just rude and hateful, as a whole. There are some that redeem the group and if I could have a whole class of them, I'd be peachy; but some just push me over the edge. The worst one, thankfully, is in SPED, so I only have to deal with that situation for maybe an hour all together. But, I've had 4 years of this, the last 3 being unbearable. I'm honestly surprised by my ability to hold out this long. 

As I said earlier, my only flicker of hope is that the 3rd grade teachers are saying we will love this upcoming class. I'm hoping to go out with a happy thought towards teaching and not a "good riddance". 

I feel like if I have an at-home job, I won't have time for dd. What time of job are you thinking of getting? 

So are mine, and they're just preK. I can celebrate that I've cut down the number of biters from 2 to 0 and the number of hitters from 8 to 1(or 2, depending on the day). However, the cryers and screamers continue. It's constantly, "Aaaahhhhhh!!!! He touched my plate!!!!!!" Whatever, seriously. Two of them are constant cryers and screamers. One is so off the chain and rude. He was hitting me on Monday. When I told his dad, the dad was like, "I don't know why he gets upset like that. Ok, you don't hit, remember?" I'm like, "Spank the kid until you break his spirit." No, not really, but it's been that kind of year. It is hard to get learning through play, when I'm still trying to teach half of them how to play. I have no flicker of hope for next year. We're getting the kids on the ground floor.  :lol:

I used to work from home (mostly) for 7 years. I choose flexible jobs, so some I call work from home, but may actually be outside when dh was home with dd16 (she was an only child for 11 years). For example, I've done tutoring both online and face-to-face, but I call that an at-home job because I chose my tutoring days and hours. I've had home daycare. I've also done a lot of phone customer service for different companies, including the IRS. There is no way I could work phones with how noisy my 2nd is, though.  :lol: 

I'm looking to work as a teacher for an online school. The problem is my license is early childhood and only goes up to 3rd grade. I'd have to take another year of classes to get an elementary license or special ed (my preference), and I don't really want to do that. I'll see what happens, but hopefully I have something in place by May.

• Like 3

I'm almost caught up!!

That's kind of neat.  I thought that maybe the hospital let the papparazzi in.  Susan Sarandon or something.

A lurker liked this post.

It's J.J. Abrams' fault.  He brings them into the theater; he brings them into the ITT.

Not a lurker.  You forgot he's my dh.  I think you all friended him months ago.  :lol:

:)  I didn't know your dh was here.  Where's that waving smiley when you need it?  Hi!

Be careful what you ask for.  :lol:

:laugh:  If you're both on here, what are your kids doing?!  

She's told us quite a bit. We've known when she's been on set and everything. You just got here late and didn't get the news. Oh, well. Now you know our secret.

Sigh.  I knew I shouldn't have skipped all of those pages...

• Like 2

Announcement:  It has been a Banner Week here at the Rivendell Academy of the Frozen Tundra.

On Monday, DD received her AoPS grade report for Intro to Counting and Probability.  She struggled MIGHTILY through that class, worked super hard, and spent extra time after the final class to bring all Alcumus sections into the blue.  She got an A (which may or may not be very impressive because they only give letter grades on request and I suspect they always make it an A), but more impressive were the instructor comments, including "[brilliant child's] ...problem-solving and mathematical computation skills [are] on par with those of a second-year mathematics major at a very selective college."

Yesterday, DD received her grade on her Latin 2 final.  Latin 2 being her introduction to real Latin. Up until this year Latin was gentle and informal and I put her in the class with much trepidation.  Ninety-one percent on the final, 92% for the semester.  Woot!

This morning, I got DD's PSAT report (we did in for a pre-high school baseline.)  Under 1400 but super close!  She may have a National Merit qualifying score in our state (yay for rural states!) as an 8th grader.  Woot Woot!!

So, in summary,  :party: :party: :party:

Result:  School is closed for the day.  We shall head south to Not So Big City and watch the new Star Wars in 3D!

(After I go shovel poop. Le sigh.)

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I think it will be next year before we see the new Star Wars. We keep setting up times to go and they keep getting smacked down. Next Tuesday. Fer suure.

• Like 2

So are mine, and they're just preK. I can celebrate that I've cut down the number of biters from 2 to 0 and the number of hitters from 8 to 1(or 2, depending on the day). However, the cryers and screamers continue. It's constantly, "Aaaahhhhhh!!!! He touched my plate!!!!!!" Whatever, seriously. Two of them are constant cryers and screamers. One is so off the chain and rude. He was hitting me on Monday. When I told his dad, the dad was like, "I don't know why he gets upset like that. Ok, you don't hit, remember?" I'm like, "Spank the kid until you break his spirit." No, not really, but it's been that kind of year. It is hard to get learning through play, when I'm still trying to teach half of them how to play. I have no flicker of hope for next year. We're getting the kids on the ground floor.  :lol:

This is my child and it drives me insane. We don't allow it at home, and she will tell me "Ms. Lorayne says 'Stop that crying'." So, I know her constant drama and fussing is not allowed at school too. I am just at a loss as to how to stop it. We don't give in and we make her restate what she wants in a non-whiny voice. I just don't understand it. 

I totally understand on the "break their spirit". You don't want that to happen, but then again...

I had that last year. There were times I had to just walk away because one student had me past my breaking point. 

I used to work from home (mostly) for 7 years. I choose flexible jobs, so some I call work from home, but may actually be outside when dh was home with dd16 (she was an only child for 11 years). For example, I've done tutoring both online and face-to-face, but I call that an at-home job because I chose my tutoring days and hours. I've had home daycare. I've also done a lot of phone customer service for different companies, including the IRS. There is no way I could work phones with how noisy my 2nd is, though.  :lol:

I'm looking to work as a teacher for an online school. The problem is my license is early childhood and only goes up to 3rd grade. I'd have to take another year of classes to get an elementary license or special ed (my preference), and I don't really want to do that. I'll see what happens, but hopefully I have something in place by May.

I would be willing to do that, but I don't have licenses for other states. Missouri has little to no online schooling that I have found, or they want high school teachers. I have yet to find that hidden gem that is looking for an elementary - 6th grade position. 

• Like 2

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

I think it will be next year before we see the new Star Wars. We keep setting up times to go and they keep getting smacked down. Next Tuesday. Fer suure.

DH and I enjoyed it. I feel like it redeemed those horrible first episodes. 

ETA: STAR WARS BOOYAH!

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 4

A confession. My guest could have arrived starting a half hour ago. The longer it takes for her to get here the better because the less I have to entertain. The less I have to entertain, the less tired I will get. Boy, I sound like a lousy hostess don't I? I really do like people and I will enjoy the visit. I just don't know when dh will get off work and how long it will take him to get home etc. before we can go out to dinner. Her arrival time was a bit up in the air because she is getting a ride from someone else.

#justkeepingitreal

This is old and I am catching up. But I SOOOO get this.

• Like 2

My 8:30 alarm just went off. At this time, everyone would be sitting down eating breakfast. Child #1 will be screaming and crying stating he doesn't want _____ in his plate. Which is a moot point because they serve themselves he doesn't have to put the food in his plate if he doesn't want to. Child #2 (the one that hit me on Monday) will be trying to force child #3 to take the milk pitcher, and getting upset because #3 doesn't want it. Thus, #2 will start screaming at the top of his lungs that #3 HAS to take the milk and pour it, but won't do it. #3 is pushing back with a look that says, "what is wrong with that crazy child?" The milk spills. Meanwhile, #1 has slid his chair across the room to the circle area because of the imaginary food in his plate. #4 has started wandering the classroom, probably hiding under the pillow cushions in the library, because that is what he does. But, then, he'll see the spilled the milk and start grabbing a lot of paper towels to help clean it up. Then, he'll take milk and continue to spill it on purpose so he can continue cleaning up. #5 is just being crude and loud, trying to get everyone else to laugh. He'll be told for the tenth time in 10 minutes to stop banging his plate and/or cup on the table. #6 has politely asked me to refill their milk pitcher, while #7 at the same time is yelling to fill the same pitcher, over and over again. #8 used to be such a polite child, now he instigates as much stuff as #'s 2 and 5.

Actually, this is not what would be happening today, because this is what happened yesterday (well, #4 didn't catch the milk spill, but that is something he would do). There would have been a slight variation today. I only have 14 students in my class. Sigh.

• Like 5