Menu

Ignore this thread!

i always thought a fart sandwich is a frat thing when two guys smash another one between them (of course none of them are clothed for whatever gross reason) and they fart on the one in the middle. Hmmm. Now I need to ask Dh about this.

Don't worry, Tex. We will get to the bottom of this!

Curriculum, classics, military terminology......

Please stop with all these educational posts, people.     :toetap05:

:lol:

• Like 3

Hee hee. I think I must be jaded or maybe I have been on the boards too long. I can see the potential for train wreck, but I don't think it has gotten there yet. The archives have some whoppers. And it still isn't locked, so there's that. :lol:

I really want pizza.

It's not locked because I didn't post my rant.

• Like 3

If I remember correctly his DD is young. It's not like she's entering high school illiterate.

Not to mention, she's in a family of 4+ year degree holders, valedictorians, IQs (for what they're worth) in the range of 125-160, SAT/ACT and state test results in the top 1st percentile... and she's getting direct 1:1 attention in her instruction.

But my work stress (to which I engineered a novel solution unique to our organization that both my boss and VP are totally on board with) is gonna ruin it all. :-(

Then again I am a high school drop out.

Edited by MarkW

The wookiee, incidentally, was a multidisciplinary, mixed media project spanning many different types of art and craftsmanship as well as scratch engineering/design, fabrication, problem solving on various fronts, and tons of creativity, and she learned from every aspect of it. So.. snark aside and all, it was a pretty valid long term educational project that she was totally into and now wants help building a costume of her own incorporating multiple elements that will require sewing, electronics, rigid prop fabrication, and etc. Almost as complex as Chewbacca but kid sized and with far less labor (latch hooking takes forever.)

• Like 2

See? I'm glad I'm not the only one who is biting my tongue. Although we might be freaking about different things. Because as one poster noted, that thread is a train wreck!

So much to let go in that thread. From pretty much every theological and armchair psych perspective there is. Deep breaths. 

• Like 1

Dagnabbit THIS is why I want to quit. So after like 6 federal reports in as many months, half of which changed requirements halfway through, and three suppressed reports (like, I did them and my boss said no, don't share that, that's too much, we want to control the narrative--not "we" but "WE" if you know what I mean), now she is looking at something I'm doing basically because I'm bored and saying "Well you know people are saying (italics mine, out of irritation) that we need to get more data visualization out there." Basically because she refuses to share anything because people will "misunderstand" it. I get the need for a narrative in institutional leadership but AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

• Like 2

Dagnabbit THIS is why I want to quit. So after like 6 federal reports in as many months, half of which changed requirements halfway through, and three suppressed reports (like, I did them and my boss said no, don't share that, that's too much, we want to control the narrative--not "we" but "WE" if you know what I mean), now she is looking at something I'm doing basically because I'm bored and saying "Well you know people are saying (italics mine, out of irritation) that we need to get more data visualization out there." Basically because she refuses to share anything because people will "misunderstand" it. I get the need for a narrative in institutional leadership but AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I just spent over 4 hours (on my time, incidentally) proving the system did NOT "lose data" and that two staff members probably just forgot to update federal licensing data on the week before Christmas, creating a big liability for the org, and then decided to blame a glitch.

To the extent that I can, anyhow. Try proving that something DIDN'T happen. All I can do is produce audit trails, system logs, database logs, and demonstrate that it's REALLY REALLY REALLY unlikely.

• Like 1

Dagnabbit THIS is why I want to quit. So after like 6 federal reports in as many months, half of which changed requirements halfway through, and three suppressed reports (like, I did them and my boss said no, don't share that, that's too much, we want to control the narrative--not "we" but "WE" if you know what I mean), now she is looking at something I'm doing basically because I'm bored and saying "Well you know people are saying (italics mine, out of irritation) that we need to get more data visualization out there." Basically because she refuses to share anything because people will "misunderstand" it. I get the need for a narrative in institutional leadership but AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

(((Tsuga)))

• Like 2

No one here will think any less of you if you give up on your goal of sticking it out a few more years. Why not just be done after this year to give yourself time to ease into the SAHM role? Promise your DH more teA. He'll be onboard.

I so wish I could just use TeA to pay the bills! 

Except that's a career I probably really don't want to go into.  :huh:  :lol: 

Seriously though, if I don't work next year, we will be in the red with my student loans and then we really won't be able to be out of debt. It's not so much my "goal" as it is our debt-free goal. My salary pays my student loans and we live off of DH's income only. 

I hear that the class coming up is much easier to handle, so I'm holding out hope with that. Even one of the teachers who is all sunshine and roses and thinks everything is always wonderful mentioned that she was ready to get rid of the group I currently have. So, I know that this class is rough if she was stating that. 

• Like 3

<mom voice begins> Ok, kids, no more fighting. Start a new thread if you want to fight. This is a thread of peace, love and joy. If you want snark, sanctimonious opining, or sarcastic battles of rhetoric, there are PLENTY of other threads. We come here to enjoy one another. Full stop. Don't make me come down, over, or around there. <mom voice ends>

On a lighter note, the kittehs, puppies and other very cute things have made me smile.

Tex, ((hugs)) I have been feeling that way lately too.

My day has been filled with constant interruptions from all of the many souls living here. If I am not suffering from some form of ADD already, it is surely going to happen soon. Tonight, my plan is to do Pilates, take a long, hot shower and finish the book I am reading. That is all. Oh and I suppose I should feed everyone. But what, that is the question?

Oh and I finished Farewell to Arms. Is it totally nuts that I actually like Hemingway? There is something about his feeling-stunted staccato that really speaks to me :lol:

I think I could appreciate the staccato style if it weren't for the depressing content.  :lol:

• Like 3

I was once complimented on my pelvis and told that it could handle delivering an 11 lb. baby if needed.  Thankfully, it was not needed. 

I have never been complimented about my pelvis or cervix. Looking at my size, it was never suggested I could deliver an 11 lber either, lol! In fact, they are still surprised I delivered the child I did. I showed them, small pelvis and all! So there!

Sigh. I still have a long way to catch up, and I've been reading for a while already.

• Like 4

You are adorable! But we are not fooled into thinking Hemingway is beyond you.

I need to go through TWEM. It would do me some good. Sometimes the women here amaze me and then I remembere they're 10-30 years older than me and have been homeschooling for 10+ years. I hope to be amazing too someday. :)

• Like 4

Ok, slap me upside the head, tell me I'm crazy, or whatever you need to do to knock some sense into me. 

Anyway, just smack me upside the head, tell me to snap out of it, and remind me that I don't want my child's education to be the one that I'm currently providing. That's all. :)

78e70763e1d3a2502ee4cff79c5e82da.jpg

2518567571_REALITY_SLAP_L_answer_2_xlarg

• Like 6

I need recipes for leftover spiral sliced ham. Slache?

I don't ham. I really don't pig at all unless I have to. Go to allrecipes.com and put that in the ingredients list. If you haven't been there they have ratings so you'll have a clue if it's half decent.

I just re-read ch. 20 of the original WTM:  "Away With Abusive Fallacies! Religion" and see nothing wobbly, or inconsistent or incorrect there.  In see no problems with it at all.  I, personally, think it's anti-intellectual to make accusations without backing them up.  If you want to discuss the issues of chapter 20 further, of course, you may, but I personally would prefer you start a different thread. 

• Like 9

I just re-read ch. 20 of the original WTM:  "Away With Abusive Fallacies! Religion" and see nothing wobbly, or inconsistent or incorrect there.  In see no problems with it at all.  I, personally, think it's anti-intellectual to make accusations without backing them up.  If you want to discuss the issues of chapter 20 further, of course, you may, but I personally would prefer you start a different thread. 

Yeah, I agree. It's a long chapter and a worthy topic, worthy of its own thread.

• Like 2

I like Sneetches.  And Grinch.  But most are too long for my taste.

I dislike most of Suess, but I LOVE "Oh the places you'll go."

I have never been complimented about my pelvis or cervix. Looking at my size, it was never suggested I could deliver an 11 lber either, lol! In fact, they are still surprised I delivered the child I did. I showed them, small pelvis and all! So there!

Sigh. I still have a long way to catch up, and I've been reading for a while already.

I am sure your pelvis is just fine, lol. And I haven't caught up yet, either. We can trudge through together:-)

Pizza was good, y'all.

Brat.

I need to go through TWEM. It would do me some good. Sometimes the women here amaze me and then I remembere they're 10-30 years older than me and have been homeschooling for 10+ years. I hope to be amazing too someday. :)

I read more important stuff since I have been homeschooling so my children never surpass me. Fear of a well-educated child is very motivating. :lol:
  • Like 5

I can also birth like nobody's business, while we're at it. I could probably be a paid birther. I'm terrible at pregnancy, though, so it throws a wrench in the works.

I only did it once, but yeah, I was good. I'm not the hysterical type - I handle pain well. They thought my labor had stalled because I was so quiet, and then I calmly said no, I have to push. LOL

• Like 3

I only did it once, but yeah, I was good. I'm not the hysterical type - I handle pain well. They thought my labor had stalled because I was so quiet, and then I calmly said no, I have to push. LOL

I was surprised at how little it hurt. I mean, it hurts really bad, but nothing like the horror stories you hear. The nurses said that my labor was really hard and they were impressed. Then Mary was almost born at home because two pounds less had lessened the pain so much I didn't believe I was in labor.

• Like 1

Ugg. I hated being pregnant. I hated giving birth - Induced and they broke my water then upped my pitocin. I thought my insides were being ripped apart by a werewolf! :/ 
I want another kiddo, but I am positively dreading the pregnancy/delivery. I asked dh if we could hire a surrogate. He looked at me like I had two heads. 

Ugg. I hated being pregnant. I hated giving birth - Induced and they broke my water then upped my pitocin. I thought my insides were being ripped apart by a werewolf! :/

I want another kiddo, but I am positively dreading the pregnancy/delivery. I asked dh if we could hire a surrogate. He looked at me like I had two heads.

(((Mary)))

I agree, but his constant remarks about not having the time to teach her and needing to quit and not being able to quit are disconcerting.

Not disconcerting at all. She's in second grade and deschooling. Perfectly fine. I did worse the first semester of dd16's 10th grade year. You remember all my earlier posts?

Izzy could school for an hour (30 minutes each reading and math), and be fine. Everything else is gravy. Gravy, I tell ya. In fact, Izzy could do less and still be ahead, because she's already ahead, if I remember correctly.

I love ya, Slash, but on this one, the worry is unwarranted.

• Like 2