Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Saturday. I actually know what day it is because I slept in. It’s gonna be a warm one today. I really would like to go back to the nursersery and get one more rose bush. Apparently the Bush we thought was a regular rose was the root stock of a bush. The graft died and all that was left was the root stock that grew and grew and is not acceptable as a rose bush at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Saturday! I'm having a pretty good day so far. I gave DS and DH hair cuts. Hoping to talk DH into doing some housework.

I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were feeling!  I’m glad you’re having a good day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OK so I think I just got all the end-of-year gift books ordered  -  literally made the list and ordered in the past 2 hours.  Svengo.  Usually it takes several days, so I'm pretty sure I have messed something up and/or paid way too much.  Why is it that last year I could only find a (used) hardcover copy of The Power and the Glory in an ugly large-print edition, but this year there were tons of nice editions to choose from?  So weird.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Don't make the Queen weep, y'all.  2 hours!

I went to the nursery. Got a gorgeous yellow tea rose called Henry Fonda.  They were out of basil 😩 but I got another fern and some coleus. And a mint that I am going to treat as an annual and not let it get out of control and break pots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

Getting things done around here and turning this house into our home. I found a 7x10 rug for the living room for $70 at Costco. The Girl now has a mattress that I really didn’t want to pay so much for but since IKEA is closed she got the one Costco had. The other kids are now jealous and want new mattress, too. Theirs are at least 8 yrs old.

The Girl made blueberry lemon muffins but when I went to put them in the oven and pushed the oven light button, it made a loud popping sound and sparked then died. The hob (cooktop to you nonUK people) still works. Batter is now in the freezer and repair guy is coming Tuesday. We will be having pot meals.

Check out Lucid mattresses on Amazon.

35 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Paradox is feeding her family pot.

Apparently Oregon had pot food like brownies with pot in them. It's a good thing no one told me this.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Slache said:

Check out Lucid mattresses on Amazon.

Apparently Oregon had pot food like brownies with pot in them. It's a good thing no one told me this.

39 minutes ago, Slache said:

I wore (pajama) pants and a bra today.

It's about time you checked in again!  I was about to send someone out to find you.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have been looking at a Linenspa or Signature Sleep for dds' bunkbed.  Which kind of Lucid do you like?

Memory foam.

11 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

It's about time you checked in again!  I was about to send someone out to find you.  

I'm on drugs that keep me asleep a lot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I did this today. The little pots have e variegated geranium from my mom and some marigolds from the nursery. The big pot also has a. I mint plant, some sage seeds and it has room for basil and chives. I have seeds on order. The nursery was out on basil. And they haven’t had chives in weeks.

5C7978F0-1FF1-466A-B273-0398A218CC60.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I’m thinking it would be nice to have some cloth mama pads for postpartum but the ones on amazon don’t ship til June...I wonder if ds would let me cutup his Thomas the train pj pants that are two sizes too small and have giant holes in the knees. I have no fleece in my stash. 

Do it, but don’t tell him. Unless he still wears them. Can you accidentally dye them pink?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Spudater said:

I’m thinking it would be nice to have some cloth mama pads for postpartum but the ones on amazon don’t ship til June...I wonder if ds would let me cutup his Thomas the train pj pants that are two sizes too small and have giant holes in the knees. I have no fleece in my stash. 

Does your AFSA have a fabric section?

• Like 1

Good morning!

Lynn, is the coffee ready yet? 

I've got no deeds to do, no promises to keep.  I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep; let the morningtime drop all it's petals on me.  I think Simon and Garfunkle were mainly subsisting on pot meals. 😂

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Lynn, is the coffee ready yet? 

I've got no deeds to do, no promises to keep.  I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep; let the morningtime drop all it's petals on me.  I think Simon and Garfunkle were mainly subsisting on pot meals. 😂

Coffee!

Oops.  Yes, ready and consumed!  Shhhhh,  I even stole an extra half a cup before dh got up.  Sorry I didn't share today.  😜    

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Morning. Feeling groovy here, too. But I think it's due to my hair achieving dust mop status this week and the realization that if I don't buy some pants soon, I might be just wearing boxer shorts and a hole-infested t-shirt around and calling it good. Brought to you by the person in the long sleeve shirt, capris, and socks with big holes in them. I desperately need sandals to complete "the look". I'm calling it quarantine closet, circa 2020. I think this could be a thing.

Other than that, I'm working on school schedules today, arguing about the "maturity" of writing for middle grade readers, drinking a hot cup of tea, washing laundry, and about to head into the enchanted forest to battle a mad mama Dryad. Don' t mess with baby trees.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday. We have TV church this morning and it’s my dad’s 84th birthday, so we will get Subway sandwiches and DD made him a cake and we will take him a little party at noon today. It’s supposed to be hot today (90 degrees), but cool down a bit this week.

• Like 3

Morning.   I just woke up (and I'm EST).  My schedule is getting completely turned around and I'm not liking it.  I'm staying up too late, but if I go to bed earlier, I'm not sleeping anyway.  I'm going to have to force myself to get up earlier.  And get up off my a$$ more often.  

Dd and I have decided we're going to meet at the science center every day to work out.   On nice days we'll walk.  On crappy days we'll hit the punching bag or do other routines.  There's plenty of room there plus two tvs that can show videos.    She's having a few mental health problems (is seeing a therapist) and put on a lot of weight when she graduated college.  I'm hoping getting out, being sort of social and the exercise combined will help both of us. 

Today's agenda - definitely laundry.  I had to wear yoga pants to bed because I have no clean pj pants.   I should do another activity pack to share but I kind of don't feel like it so I'll see how I feel once I have both cups of tea and wake up a little more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Toto, yoga pants ARE my pj pants.  I fail to see the problem.

A lot of my yoga pants are "supportive" so somewhat tight/compressed around the belly.  Very uncomfortable to sleep in.   Whereas my pj pants are extra large mens flannel pj pants.  SUPER comfortable.     Youngest dd stole my drawstring waist pants even though she's a ton smaller than me.  I had extra clothes for all of us at the science center and she had to change one day and took my pants instead of hers.   She decided she liked them so kept them.  

When teaching I basically live in yoga pants and science-themed tshirts.  Long sleeve or short sleeve depending on the time of year.   I used to wear jeans but when I started doing yoga in the morning and walking after sometimes, I decided that if I had to change back and forth, I was less likely to do it.  So I got slightly nicer, more fitted yoga pants since I was wearing them "publicly".  

• Like 4

My super hi-tech hiking shoe insoles came - now I need to go on a hike in them and see if they help or if I have to go find a new pair of trail shoes.  

Dh is mildly nauseating in that he does not play the ukulele or banjo, but can pick up the banjolele and within 45 seconds play something that actually sounds like music.  I, on the other hand, have been practicing for weeks and am barely up to a recognizable Oh Susanna.

Slept really late this morning but I think I need a nap.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Spudater said:

but my main strategy for avoiding them has been a serious case of the heebie jeebies anytime the words needle and spine get anywhere near each other. 

I HAVE A STORY! WHO WANTS TO HEAR MY STORY?

No one wants to hear my story. Ask me my story after y'all give birth. It's awful!

• Like 1

I am trying to teach my children not to freak out at crane flies. They want them all killed, but my opinion is, if it is not poisonous or gross, then just live and let live. I have been naming the crane flies that manage to get into the house to try to get the kids to see them as family and not things to be feared and killed. Roger is resting waaaay up on the ceiling right now. I believe Javier died of natural causes. He is lying dead on the floor.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

I am trying to teach my children not to freak out at crane flies. They want them all killed, but my opinion is, if it is not poisonous or gross, then just live and let live. I have been naming the crane flies that manage to get into the house to try to get the kids to see them as family and not things to be feared and killed. Roger is resting waaaay up on the ceiling right now. I believe Javier died of natural causes. He is lying dead on the floor.

This is my strategy, too, though I will generally kill any unwelcome house guests.  But driving in the van with a bug needed some serious intervention to calm the screaming hysterics.  😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I would probably feel the same, but I now KNOW the euphoria and temptation of instant relief when I'm in that level of pain.

I had a nurse that worked for 33 years tell me I had the worst contractions she had ever seen before the anesthesiologist told me that I couldn't have an epidural. That was nice.

But that's not my story. Imma tell you my horror story later.

We had a nice little birthday party for my dad today. He’s having a hard time with life. Aging is difficult, but he is grateful for what he has.        And today is just a gorgeous day. The sun is warm, there’s a bit of a breeze and everyone’s roses are in full bloom.

• Like 4