Menu

Ignore this thread!

The meat supply has been okay here. So far. But I have already talked with the family about kind of rationing our meat, and not eating so much overall. We could do with eating less and eating a lot more veggies and fruit, both of which we can get locally, or hope we can for the summer. I'm hopeful we'll be able to mask up and pick blueberries this May and get our usual peaches in July. Lots of room to social distance in the berry fields and orchard, but I don't know how they'll be doing that yet.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Based on Faith Academy said:

Happy Thursday everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well. It has been awhile since I have been able to get on here.

I honestly expected posting to be going through the roof since most people are home.

I'm still working. Yeah!!!

Hi Christina! So good of you to stop by! 🥰

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I've decided to add "Lovely Day" (Bill Withers) to replace "Africa" in the ukulele sing-along song book, despite ds15's dismayed reaction whenever he hears the song.  I don't understand why he hates it, but I guess it's just too bad for him.  I found a way to make a couple of the chords manageable.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I don’t let myself look at the prices on the meat dh brings home anymore bc I know it would stress me out. There’s still enough available but not as much cheap stuff and it goes fast. Pretty sure our savedgas money is all going to food, but since dh still has his job I can’t complain.  Here the hardest to get food item is beans. I couldn’t get any til this week. 

I hope you can find some tp, Junie!  I was amazed how much my stress level went down when that came back to stores. Not just worrying about running out but having to be reminded of *the rona* every single time I needed to pee was getting to me. 

We're ok as far as toilet paper is concerned.  We still have enough for a few weeks.  I usually have at least a month's worth in the house, just in case.  This time my "just in case" was a huge benefit.

We ordered some toilet paper online when this all started.  It finally shipped yesterday.  If I estimated properly (a little more than a regular-sized roll per day), it should be about a seven-week supply.

• Like 2

Hello.  It's Thursday right?

Met with dd again today to work out.   Yesterday we walked from the science center over to the football field and back again.  About 1 1/2 miles total.  Today we did yoga and some dance videos.   We are doing the Fitness Marshall.   They feel like "real" dancing, but not too hard to follow and he's hilarious so we're laughing and having fun.  

Dh has been buying meat whenever he goes shopping (about once a week or 10 days).  He buys big and splits and freezes.  I think we actually have quite a bit of meat right now.   We are actually able to get most things because he goes during senior hours.  A couple times he got the last tissues or the last paper towels or the last tp.   He went to BJs and said they had a ton of Bounty paper towels.  Prices do seem to be higher on a lot of things right now.  But he's still working so we're doing okay.  

Dh is going to visit his mom again this weekend.  Doing some more work around her house, stocking her up so she doesn't need to go out.   I'm going to start the seeds for our garden while he's gone.  We ordered seeds and a lot of them haven't gotten here yet but I'll start what we received and some of the seeds I have for classes (beans, tomatoes, peas).   I thought we were running super late but I had a memory on Facebook from years ago that this was when we started our seeds that year too, so we can't be too far behind.  We still had frost overnight last week so we don't usually plant outside until after Mother's Day.

• Like 2

Warning: MeatPo!  Avert yer eyeballs!

I wonder if I haven't noticed anything about meat because most of our meals have been stocked up in the freezer since January.  I *see* meat in the store, but I'm not really looking at it closely and only buy something once in a blue moon.

As you were.

• Like 1

We had dinner at my mom and dad’s house. My aunt brought dessert. Apricot pie. I can’t even begin to tell how good it was.

Oh my goodness. I got another Booya/h. An Apricot Pie Booya/h. And I must say, the pie was definitely deserving of a Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We had dinner at my mom and dad’s house. My aunt brought dessert. Apricot pie. I can’t even begin to tell how good it was.

Oh my goodness. I got another Booya/h. An Apricot Pie Booya/h. And I must say, the pie was definitely deserving of a Booya/h.

I have never had apricot pie and I feel like I'm missing something wonderful.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Slache said:

Matt had my children watch a scary banshee thing on YouTube and now they're crying instead of sleeping.

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt says I woke him up, told him Alex threw up and to go deal with it but Alex was asleep. I remember none of this and claim innocence.

An appropriate natural consequence.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning!

I didn't exercise again this morning.  I really need to keep it up because I will need to be in good condition to get back out of the Canyon of Grandness.  

Dh got the OK to move the work schedule around a little on Thursday nights so he doesn't have to stay up until 2am.  So if everything went well last night he Is planning to take the day off today.  Maybe we can go on a hike.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

We are going to the orthodontist today. (svengo)  I really don't want to go. 

I wouldn't be going now at all, except dd17 was due to have her braces off last month and she might be going out-of-state to college in June and won't be home until Christmas.  She really does not want to keep her braces on for an extra six months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from Beirut.!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Day!!

I am so stiff this morning. It’s that time of year where it’s warm when you go to bed, so you just have a light blanket on, but by morning it’s a bit chilly and if you don’t wake up and pull the comforter up, you wake up in the morning in a stiff ball, trying to get warm.

Not much going on today. I don’t know. School and work.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Junie said:

I have never had apricot pie and I feel like I'm missing something wonderful.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I concur.  Especially if it's around Krissi's family.

Yep, apricot pie is pretty wonderful. Even DH says it ties with boysenberry pie as his favorite pie. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Spuds. That's the kind of guy you get a restraining order for. LOL. Red camellias of revenge.

I got my Camp NaNoWriMo goal of 150,000 words revised in April. This is my scheduled week off of writing, but I doubt I make it a full week. Something will demand my attention and I won't be able to resist. But today I'm supposed to be gardening and working on cleaning revision house. Gardening sounds better.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Spudater said:

Feeling pretty lousy this morning. Hoping it’s early labor. We shall see. 

I started bingewatching the Korean drama The Greatest Love. I thought one of the guys in the love triangle was an arrogant Darcy type but now he’s looking more and more psycho. Just told the heroine a very pointed story about how a village boy fell in love with a village girl and declared his love with boiled potatoes, but the girl refused his love and potatoes so he killed her beloved chicken. Warned her that the cherry blossoms of love had fallen from his heart and soon the red camellias of revenge would bloom. 

So, really hoping she ends up withthe cute dorky doctor now. 

Svengo.

• Like 1

Went and worked out with oldest dd.  Came home and youngest dd asked for a haircut.   I've always cut her hair and my hair.   Both of us have long wavy hair so its very forgiving of mistakes.  Well she wanted it chin length, which is harder than just trimming.   I think it looks cute (although it's kind of choppy from the back).   She likes it so I guess that's what matters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2