Menu

What's with the ads?

Barbaravan made it home.

Booya. I'm tired.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Darn just missed the booya.

I'm on my brief dinner break before heading back to the science center for 4-H.   My usual tutoring student cancelled today but I have a new tutoring student that came today.   Next week is my Monday night off from 4-H clubs (5th Monday).  

• Like 4

Dh made dinner so I could stay off my foot.

It was good, but the shrimp was super spicy.  The one time he doesn't follow the recipe...

• Like 6

Ba ba ba ba BarbaraVan!
Ba ba ba ba BarbaraVan!
BarbaraVan, (ba ba BarbaraVan)
Take my fam, (ba ba BarbaraVan)
BarbaraVan (ba ba BarbaraVan)
You got me rockin' and a-rollin'
Rockin' and a-reelin'
BarbaraVan ba ba 
Ba BarbaraVan!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Junie said:

If you sing annoying songs at the DMV, do they push you through faster?

We took all five of our kids, ages 6 and under, including one who was only a few weeks old and needed constant nursing followed by diaper changes.

It didn't work but we sure had a fun four hours trying our best.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

It DID work at the used car dealership.  They practically paid us to take a van after 6 hours there with aforementioned children.*

*actually, only three of them at the time.  Wonder what we'd pay if we took all five?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

The cookies are almost gone. I have blueberries for a cobbler/custard recipe I am going to try tomorrow.

We don't have seasons in Houston. It is just hot, hotter, and hot as h***. (That ok to say?) And more rain!! Seriously, y'all need to come take some for a couple weeks. 

I cheated tonight and took the kids to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Guess I should actually go food shopping tomorrow. The kids are starting to complain there is nothing but frozen veggies!

Thank you for the potty training tips. I'm going to wait until Daddy comes home, then try some of y'all's suggestions.

Slache, I'm sorry about your van. We had one that we traded in when the engine mounts went and the entire engine would lurch up at you with the hood up. Kinda cool, yet creepy. It's ALIVE!!

The only time I was in and out of the DMV in under an hour was when I was preggers with Captain and needed to renew my license. I was HUGELY pregnant, and I think they were scared I would go into labor before they could get me out the door!

I'm sorry you are sick, Critter. I hope you feel better soon! My family's trick growing up was potato soup and hot lemonade laced with powered aspirin. My dad would bring us the lemonade and tell us stories.

Renai, how goes The Great Purge of 2019?

• Like 6

The Girl is in bed with me watching Thor: The Dark World and keeping a constant commentary going! I so understand the constant chatter child and how they slowly drive you insane.

• Like 5

Ok. Matt has one more day to sleep in, then he's off to get our new car in the morning.

I am also considering a great purge of 2019, but it would really mostly be a great reorganizing with minimal purging. I wanted to really Konmarie before the move but only got about 1/3 of the way through. I want everything where I want it, any excess gone and simplified storage.

Not tomorrow.

• Like 7

I’m taking DS to the DMV tomorrow to get his permit. But, we do have an appointment, so hopefully it won’t be too bad.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I set up a grocery order last night and forgot to submit it.  Thankfully, it still let me do it this morning.  Phew.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

It DID work at the used car dealership.  They practically paid us to take a van after 6 hours there with aforementioned children.*

:laugh:     That reminds me of the time we were looking for a vehicle for dh.  We needed something that would fit ds's double bass, so we brought the double bass and our four youngest along.  I'm sure we looked like a crazy circus traipsing around that car lot!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Good morning!

Regular Lessons today.  I have a meeting with my health coach this morning and I want to stop by the Home Depot to see if they have what I am looking for to make a birthday gift for dh.  Kids' orchestra tonight.  I'm hoping to make more progress on The Green Ember.  John is waaaaaaay ahead of me.  I'll never ketchup. :biggrin:

Coffee!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

School!!

DD has a dentist appointment.

DS has a DMV appointment to get his permit. He is beyond excited.

My new Vionics should come in the mail today. My PF has been flaring up again. Hopefully the shoes will help.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Regular Lessons today.  I have a meeting with my health coach this morning and I want to stop by the Home Depot to see if they have what I am looking for to make a birthday gift for dh.  Kids' orchestra tonight.  I'm hoping to make more progress on The Green Ember.  John is waaaaaaay ahead of me.  I'll never ketchup. :biggrin:

Coffee!

We all loved the Green Ember. That was a good book!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

:laugh:     That reminds me of the time we were looking for a vehicle for dh.  We needed something that would fit ds's double bass, so we brought the double bass and our four youngest along.  I'm sure we looked like a crazy circus traipsing around that car lot!

Yeah. I was always “Forget the other stuff/ just show me the trunk. I want to know if it will fit the animals.”  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Mine is whether my head hits the ceiling or knees hit the glove box. I will not sit in a car where my knees push against the glove box. A fender bender could leave me permanently crippled.

• Like 6

Matt can't rent a car with his temporary ID. We are going to go homeless.

• Sad 5

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

Slache - is there anyone (new pastor perhaps) who you could borrow a car from?  Or who could rent the car for you?  How long before the permanent license comes? 

Pastor is lending us his car! This is so insanely generous.

No idea.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

And no one could rent a car for us for Uber/Lyft. It's against the rules.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Pastor is lending us his car! This is so insanely generous.

No idea.

Yay!

Having a community to rely on makes all the difference in the world.

How does your husband like the driving job?

• Like 5

I'm wondering if this crud we've had is really a mild flu; I read somewhere once that a significant percentage of "colds" are actually caused by the influenza virus. 

Nobody has been acutely sick like with severe flu, no high fevers or anything, but it is taking an obnoxiously long time to recover from--that is what feels like the flu to me. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I made pancakes for breakfast and feel like I used up all my energy for the day. Except there is an entire day ahead to get through.

I need to go shopping. I had to make pancakes because there was nothing ready to eat for breakfast; we tend to rely heavily on things like bread and cheese and milk and we're out of all of those.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, maize said:

How does your husband like the driving job?

It's meh, but he makes his own hours and can make cash in a pinch.

• Like 5

Our 33 year old drives for both and likes that he can drive when he wants and not when he doesn't.  If he doesn't want to use money from his checking account, he drives for a couple of hours.

• Like 6

Matt wants to take Barbravan in for a trade right now. We've been talking about it for a few months, but I don't want to do it under these conditions. His license will most likely be here this week which would leave us not too behind. I don't know what the right decision is.

• Like 2

Just now, Slache said:

Matt wants to take Barbravan in for a trade right now. We've been talking about it for a few months, but I don't want to do it under these conditions. His license will most likely be here this week which would leave us not too behind. I don't know what the right decision is.

Could he just go and see what a trade would look like?  Bring the kids and Miami along.  And drippy ice cream cones.  And have a Raffi Sing-along.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Could he just go and see what a trade would look like?  Bring the kids and Miami along.  And drippy ice cream cones.  And have a Raffi Sing-along.

Yes. I'm afraid it's a financially horrendous idea. I don't know though. We'll see. I want to wait for the ID and take the hit of missing a few days, so we're in disagreement.

Part of the reason we're considering a trade is that if we get one with no markings and leather seats he can make more per ride. If we run out and get a new car today I doubt that's what we'll do.

But if we don't get a new car we still have to pay for a rental until we can get Barbravan fixed, and can't work until his ID comes.

I'm going to go see if there's a random $8,000 check in the mail.

• Like 2

And she'll be disqualified from Uber/Lyft in January. I did not realize that until today.

• Sad 4

((Slashie)) I’m sorry you are going through all this carp. I wish there was something I could do.

• Like 3

Is driving Matt's main job or is it a side gig?

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1