Menu

Ignore this thread!

I just finished reading El Hobbit (in Spanish).  My brain is tired.

I began this book in January, and several chapters in I realized it was really too difficult for me.  But, I was able to kind of understand what was going on (I've read The Hobbit in English, but not recently).

I haven't decided what book I'm going to read in Spanish next.  I have a couple of choices lying around the house.  I have a goal to read 6 books plus the New Testament in Spanish.  As long as I pick easier books from here on out, I think I'll be able to make my goal.  (This was book 2.  Book 1 was La Telarana de Carlota/Charlotte's Web.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So much ITT productivity!  We also had a productive day yesterday.  In addition to the nerf declutter, we also moved youngest's bed frame to my parents' shed and then moved a loved seat from my bedroom to the girls' room.  This was no small feat and I wouldn't have believed it possible, except we had moved it between bedrooms many years ago, so I knew it could be done again.  Oldest ds had to rescue my first failed attempt and he figured out I was angling the wrong way to get it through the doorway.  He was the hero of the night after he decided which way to go through the doorways and muscled it through with a little help from me.  Our master bedroom, formerly the place where all things go that have no place to go, is starting to look like a real bedroom again.  A few remaining piles of chaos, plus a few boxes of pictures and it could be decent.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Baby Tater Tot! ❤️

Lynn, our master bedroom is overrun with boxes and packaging.  I should really do something about it.  

Is it still morning?  I got up early and got dressed for church and went to help with the service recording.  Really it was just a matter of putting on a nice shirt and jeans and making sure my hair was generally combed.  I wore my comfy boots.  I'm mostly hidden behind a low wall anyway.  It was so cold in there!  On the way home I had a couple ideas for campfire foods so we stopped by Kroger to pick up a couple things so we could try them over the fire pit tonight.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Susan, this is the correct peanut butter snack, for next time: https://www.plantoeat.com/recipes/15523669/

Finished my z-pack the other day, and now I'm back to low-grade fever. All the bad words.

My Very Best Husband looked quite wide-eyed at what I wanted him to make us for dinner tonight. Yes, love, cooking does take time. I think he's trying it.

How are you today?  Do you need to go back for another round of antibiotics?  So frustrating!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

I went through both freezers and put ground beef and hotdogs out to thaw for supper.  I thought I had hotdog buns.  I only have hamburger buns.  

We had hotdog buns but the package was labeled as hamburger buns. I wondered if the bakery ran out of bags printed for hotdogs?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spudater said:

The buttonholes are going well. Now when I see a historical portrait of someone with rows and rows of buttons I’ll appreciate what a status symbol it was to have the time or money to pay someone to do that, though!  It’s time consuming. 

Random fact of the day:  The Amish do not use buttons.  They use hook and eye fasteners instead.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spudater said:

The buttonholes are going well. Now when I see a historical portrait of someone with rows and rows of buttons I’ll appreciate what a status symbol it was to have the time or money to pay someone to do that, though!  It’s time consuming. 

We just finished reading “Caddie Woodlawn”. When Cousin Annabelle from Boston came to visit she was bragging about her dress with 88 buttons. And that was definitely a status symbol for her.

• Like 3

So I have squandered most of the rest of my day creating a new ukulele sing-along booklet to bring on our trip.  I also made dinner and took a walk With the family and put away laundry and made/prepared some campfire/firepit experimental dessert things.  They were occasionally successful.  The booklet isn't done.  I have one already, and it is fabulous and was free to print from a website but most of the songs we don't use and I wanted more specific songs.  Currently working on Sweet Caroline with the hope I can get my family to sing it with me. But really I should go to bed and finish tomorrow.  After a few weeks working on the mandolin, ukulele feels so easy!  My hands can reach the chords and my fingers aren't bleeding.  (That's an exaggeration.)

Sweet dreams!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

I think my stuffiness this morning is from the firepit smoke last night.  Nothing too bad.  We have recorded church at 10 (it's weird singing along with yourself) and then I think I'll work on the box/packaging mountain in my room.  I need a couple of boxes to organize the trip supplies that are piling up in the pantry.  Work some more on the ukulele book.

Coffee!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

So I have squandered most of the rest of my day creating a new ukulele sing-along booklet to bring on our trip.  I also made dinner and took a walk With the family and put away laundry and made/prepared some campfire/firepit experimental dessert things.  They were occasionally successful.  The booklet isn't done.  I have one already, and it is fabulous and was free to print from a website but most of the songs we don't use and I wanted more specific songs.  Currently working on Sweet Caroline with the hope I can get my family to sing it with me. But really I should go to bed and finish tomorrow.  After a few weeks working on the mandolin, ukulele feels so easy!  My hands can reach the chords and my fingers aren't bleeding.  (That's an exaggeration.)

Sweet dreams!

I’ll sing Sweet Caroline with you. I love that song!!

• Like 2

Morning (for 30 more minutes so still counts).  I slept in a little bit today.   I need to stop doing that.  I'm not sleeping well which is probably at least partially because I'm sleeping in.

I want to get back to a schedule tomorrow.  Wake up at a decent time, go to the science center, do yoga, clean for a little while, take care of animals, come home, take a walk or do an exercise video (make kids do it too), do some chores, lunch, take another walk or exercise video (with kids), then relax.   Shouldn't be too hard right?

Dd's tkd dojo is now adding live classes.  They've been doing video classes and dd hasn't done any of them.  I'm debating whether to push her to do the live classes.   Problem is our house really doesn't have the room to do tkd so she'd need to go to the science center to do it.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Schoolroom set up. I’m trying not to put a ton of staple holes in the wall this time. This is making Captain sad because he loves the months of the year train and days of the week elephants on parade my mom made him. I’m thinking how to remake them file folder size. I did put up the 3ft long Thomas the Tank Engine picture The Girl drew in his play space.

Scotsman has caulked around the hall toilet. I found ants behind the toilet so put out some Terro which leaked all in the grout. He’s trying to install a hotel style shower bar in there because a tension rod one always falls on my head. I replaced the cheesy light switch plate, too. I love Texas but not as a motif. I have one of the red/beige runners in there instead of separate mats which cuts down on visual clutter and hopefully will keep water off the tile more. The only problem with that room is there isn’t a place to hang our towel 5- hook rack because the builder thought putting a full window in the bathroom- not privacy glass- was a great idea.

Kitchen organizing to go. Stuff is in random cabinets/drawers for now.

Hang it above the window and your towels can double as your curtains.  😜🤣     (j/k)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got the boxes and carp taken care of and then spent the rest of the evening trying out ukulele songs, most of which are too tricky, but I did manage to pull off a decent "Baby Shark".  😁  We were planning to watch "Groundhog Day" tonight, but dh is working and dd21 is studying for an 8am Zoom test, so we'll get to that some other time.

• Like 2

I miss church, too, but it doesn't feel strange to me yet.  I have done a lot of online church over the past several years due to migraines, so everyone else's "new normal" was kind of normal for me already.

One benefit that I've found is that I'm now able to go the both the English and the Spanish services at my church.  My Spanish comprehension has improved quite a lot over the past 6 months.  I was able to understand about 90 - 95 percent of this morning's sermon.  The pastor is bilingual but not a native Spanish speaker.  He speaks slowly and carefully in both English and Spanish, so he is easy to understand.   Most of the native speakers are quite fast and don't enunciate clearly enough for me to be able to understand them entirely, but it is getting easier.

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I could use a couple performance/hiking Ts.   Normally I'd shop for them at my favorite thrift store but not sure when they will open.  Afsa maybe?  Or order from Amazon.  They'll have some lightweight merino wool ones.  

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!!

School and work. I’m going to try to get to the grocery store. I had an Afsa Grocery Pick up order, but I cancelled it. I just didn’t feel good about it. I will try to get to Save Mart this afternoon and swing by the strawberry stand. Strawberries are definitely essential.

• Like 2

Morning.  I set my alarm to get up this morning but then turned it off around midnight.   I'm not quite ready for that yet.  

I've always felt sick if I drink tea on an empty stomach.  The past few days I've felt that same sick feeling after having my tea even when I've been eating as well.   Not sure what's up with that.  My allergies are really bad right now so that may be contributing to it.   And I've had my second period in five years so that could be part of it.   Not sure but I'm sick of feeling tired and blah. 

I need to start dragging the kids to the science center with me.   There's more space there so they can do some exercise videos of some sort.  We're all sitting around too much.   The weather has been iffy so walks have been sporadic.  

• Sad 2

Today we went out to the store to buy some plants that I don't grow from seed. The boy and I masked up and it was the first we've been anywhere other than the lake in a month, I guess? Anyway, all home and decontaminated, and back to work. We opted to take the day off and go to the lake after lunch because it's actually sunny and warm (first it's been in a good week). Other than that, pretty unchanged here. Reading and writing a lot.

• Like 2