Menu

What's with the ads?

Good morning! 91819

How are you feeling today, Junie?

I discovered this morning that the first Sunday of Advent this year actually falls on December 1st, which means Advent Calendars will be in sync with the date.  That is strangely exciting for me.

I had zombie apocalypse dreams last night.  Unlike most people dealing with a zombie apocalypse, I had the good sense to close and lock doors behind me.

Dd21 has her first day of clinicals today.  She said everyone is very stressed out and very excited.

We leave at 9 for a field trip to a historic 1700's trades festival.  Church children's choir tonight.

Coffee!

Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 10

I need to decide what to do today.  Obviously, school. But I am thinking about stopping by one job after, and going over some things with them before heading to the other job, which I absolutely have to do because I told someone I would cover.   I'll probably pick up lunch for dc and me.  Leftovers for supper.

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!

School, work, Awana.

This is the first morning I woke up early and had to pull the comforter up. And I put on my fuzzy robe when I got up instead of my light summer one. And I didn’t open up all the doors and windows to cool the house off this morning.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning! 91819

I discovered this morning that the first Sunday of Advent this year actually falls on December 1st, which means Advent Calendars will be in sync with the date.  That is strangely exciting for me.

I had zombie apocalypse dreams last night.  Unlike most people dealing with a zombie apocalypse, I had the good sense to close and lock doors behind me.

Dd21 has her first day of clinicals today.  She said everyone is very stressed out and very excited.

We leave at 9 for a field trip to a historic 1700's trades festival.  Church children's choir tonight.

Coffee!

Booyah!

I’m sorry to have deleted the ITT Theme Song, Susan. It made for a very long quote. Although I kind of feel blasphemous, like I am desecrating the flag or something.

I’m glad Advent starts in December. It’s always weird doing Christmas stuff in November.

Yay for smart thinking during a zombie apocalypse!

good luck to DD for her clinicals. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

People are not taking this thread seriously!

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Seriously, I was shocked at how far I had to scroll in the New Content list before this thread came up.  Totally shocked.

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

So, since most of you seem to be still sleeping, I googled average walking speed.   It's 3.1 miles per hour.   A 5k translates to 3.1 miles.  Coincidence?

Ahem. (Insert foot tapping guy) Some of us live out here on the Left Coast, where it is barely 6:10am, as we speak and still dark as a cave outside.

• Like 9

Good morning!

SuperDude is 6 today! He's gotten so big. We went for donuts while it was still dark, and now everyone is playing video games, because that's what he said he wanted to do. Birthdays are magical when you're a kid.

Today is our first day of piano lessons. We're limping along with school, but we haven't totally abandoned them, so we're probably fine. We're having pancakes for dinner, because that's what SuperDude wanted. 

Hugs, dear ones. I hope you have a lovely day.

• Like 11

Happy Nirthday to SuperDude! 🎉

We're just going along and doing our thing; school takes longer than DS wants, but he likes to take his time getting started and also to take breaks, so 🤷‍♀️. We're going to a  climate strike event Friday; my sign will ask legislators, "Didn't your mom teach you not to leave a mess for someone else to clean up?" but I'm thinking of adding a second one: "Don't tell me your room is clean when you've been letting your friends leave coal ash on the floor."

I missed the dinner posts last night. We had maple Dijon chicken (plain for DS), brown rice, and strawberry-spinach smoothies. Tonight will be a veggie Mexican thing (read: something to eat guacamole with 😉).

Happy Wednesday, ITT!

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I cleaned two more bags of trash and more Goodwill stuff out of the closet in ds old room/school room/ds old room/soon to be man cave but now will be older ds room again soon.  So.much.stuff.  I figured since tonight is when we put garbage can out and the can wasn't full yet...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Tired.  But, it's almost naptime. :)

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We have a frog who lives on our kitchen counter.  He is starting to croak.

All this dinner talk is making me hungry.

Did you eat the frog that lives on your counter???

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I cleaned two more bags of trash and more Goodwill stuff out of the closet in ds old room/school room/ds old room/soon to be man cave but now will be older ds room again soon.  So.much.stuff.  I figured since tonight is when we put garbage can out and the can wasn't full yet...

Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention the other day that I cleaned a "corner." It's not actually a corner but an area in the archway that divides the living room/kitchen from the hall. Things get dumped there (mostly dh's things, but I have a stack of books there). So, threw away a bunch of stuff, then took a boxful of things to the secondhand store. I was so proud! There is still a stack there, but a small one. Until dh dumps the exercise mat and blanket there (he lies down there because of his back), then it looks messier again. I wonder what will happen if I completely clear that area of stuff?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Matt: But once I leave you get snacks.
John: But I like you more than snacks.
Alex: I love snacks more.
Matt: Really?
Alex. Daddy. Leave.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My puppy is soft and fuzzy.  (Just in case yours isn't.)

Photographic evidence is required for this sort of assertion, ma'am.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Double post from this morning.  We are back from the historic home.  Fun as always.  The Old Time string band was there and one of the elderly fiddlers got up and coaxed the kids and I into dancing.  You can't help but smile and laugh when you are holding hands and dancing around in circles.  :laugh:  She had the most awesome boots.  Pretty much all the usual tradespeople were there who have been there for the past 5 or so years - it was fun to see them all again.  We have added 4 candles to our supply of bumpy, crooked, hand-dipped birthday candles. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Happy Nirthday, SuperDude!

We have done many of the things today,  but not all.  I may decide to do VERY abbreviated forms of the rest of the list, just so I can say I did all the things, three days in a row, for the first time ever. 

It will likely require eliminating dinner.  Not that I had any plans for dinner anyway. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, whitehawk said:

DS has a temperature of 100.8. No PE class for him today.

He has turned the cartoons off and is just lying on the couch. :(

• Sad 9

We made it to all the work places, and even made it to the gas station before we ran out completely.  Ds is in CrossFit Kids class right now.  I'm eating peanuts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Evening. I have done all the things. I hope. There's probably something I forgot to do that I haven't remembered yet. Doctor's appointment went well. No anesthesia today. It was a consult. But I have my anesthesia appointment booked for October. Oh, joy. I made a really good beef stew for dinner, and I'm looking forward to a trip later this week, although rain is supposed to spoil the plans. Have to work around the rain, I guess.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The children in Children's Choir were absolutely WIRED tonight.  I forgot to have them pass in their theory worksheets and pencils, so those were becoming a distraction.  And we should have had about 5 more minutes of focused work for them to do.  Oh well.  Nobody died.  (Except by paper sword.)

I need to remember to make a seating chart for next week.  That will help quite a bit.  

There was a major Bat Party going on over the roof of the church.  It was pretty cool.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Lynn, what were those most awesome pants?  (Aside from the Jean's Famous Target Black Pajama Pantz.)  Were they from J.Jill?

I don’t remember. 😬. Maybe. I do have some JJill.  Did I say they were awesome?  😬😬😬. <checks into old folks home>

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Morning, Happy Thursday.

Three classes today and Teen Hangout.   I'm tired.  We had dinner at my mother's house last night to get us through another evening without a fridge.    Tomorrow it's being delivered.  Roof is being redone so there's debris everywhere, including some keeps getting in the house.  That's annoying.  I want to clean out the garage this weekend while we have the dumpster but my brother is visiting from Florida so I should spend some time with him.   And I have the usual laundry, class prep, school prep etc. to do.  

• Like 6

Ahoy Mateys!  It be mornin'!  ⚔  91919

Rise 'n shine, landlubber, or yer walkin' th' gangplank!  ☠

Grog! 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School!!

Three families to meet with today, which means another afternoon of running around. Three more tomorrow and then I’m done for the month.

What if I don’t want to talk like a pirate today?? What if I want to walk like an Egyptian?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Don't forget at 9:19:19 it will be 9:19:19 on 91919.   Argh!

Svengo!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

What if I don’t want to talk like a pirate today?? What if I want to walk like an Egyptian?

I'd like to see you do both at the same time!  When meeting your families, of course.  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Morning. Arrrgh! I've had too much experience with that lately, so maybe I'll just switch to cackling like a parrot and telling trouble it can go walk the plank. I'm going to go to art today and work on a cover for the last in this four book series, and then do some sketching for a cover for my NaNoWriMo novel. I'm also thinking about how to schedule my writing now that I've lost a few weeks I thought I was going to have for planning. I'll look over the calendar later today.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good morning! Home day today, but I'm hoping to get to the library later. The book I've been waiting for is in. Squee! 

Today we're house cleaning, doing a half day of lessons, and (hopefully) getting some prep work done for next term. I hope if I do it a little at a time, it will actually get done before the term starts! I think I want to do an Advent thing for the kids this year, too, but I need to keep it simple. Any ideas? I want to prep it well ahead of time, so it will a actually get done.

Maize, how's your husband? Whitehawk, how's your ds today? Junie and Jean, how are you today? Slache, do we get snacks when Matt leaves, too?

I scowled at my kids and said, "It's Talk Like a Pirate Day! AARGH!"

Runner turned away. SuperDude and Squishy ignored me. Reader rolled her preteen eyes and said, "Aargh, me hearties," in the most teenager-y voice I've ever heard. Oy vey.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

Good morning!

I'm still sick.

Dh is doing OK, thankfully.

I've been taking Benadryl to control my cough so I can sleep at night but I hate the groggy feeling that comes with it.

Edited by maize
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Don't forget at 9:19:19 it will be 9:19:19 on 91919.   Argh!

Twice in one day!

• Like 7

I'm checking in mostly to get my list down.

I took the boys to school, took care of all the animals, took leftovers out of the fridge, loaded and started the dishwasher, have second laundry load going now, and have emptied one trash bag full out of the toy closet and overloaded my Goodwill box.  

Now I'm having my iced coffee.  When I pick up ds, we need to go to the library (maybe not since we ordered from Amazon last night) and go to Lowe's and Kohl's and work. Not sure in what order those will happen.

Maybe pizzas for supper.

• Like 5

Hi. My acute pain has subsided for the moment to bad pain with the edge taken off it. This has been a flare up thing for years. I have wondered for years if I should poke the bearish body part and try to get massage or physical therapy on it. But even if you use insurance it’s rigged that you pay out of pocket for the deductible and just as the insurance payments are supposed to take over, you run out of allowable visits. And I am trying desperately to pay down debt etc. If I knew 100% that therapy would actually improve things I might go for it anyway. But I have done lots of therapy over the years that has helped very short term and hasn’t ultimately improved my life. More life improving moves have been ones I have discovered on my own and have implemented in my bumbling way. 

Just trying to think this through. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 8