Menu

Ignore this thread!

17 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We are back from our hike and now the kids are searching for their plastic eggs.  I am making strawberry pretzel salad.

You know, Susan, you really have me wanting to make strawberry pretzel salad now, but I have neither strawberries nor pretzels, and I have really no desire to leave the house. I don’t want to deal with make and fines and lines and all that “out there”. I have created a very nice little sanctuary of oblivion and I want to stay here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Uni Boy and I watch Transformers for only one reason- to make fun of it ala Mystery Science Threater 300. Michael Bay movies have no plot.

Could your girls come talk to mine? SHe needs good influences and friends.

Well, yeah, it doesn’t have any sort of plot, and the idea that there are good transformers .... that was just weird. I mean, the whole movie was weird and I wasn’t really in to it.

love to have our girls meet up. That would be great.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Look at all of y'all doing things! 🏆

I took my medicine on time. (There's an app for that.) I reminded DH to remind DS to wash his sheets & suggested to DH what he could make for dinner. That's... yeah, that's about it for today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Dh took the kids on a hike. They just got home.

I planted a cherry tree. Every year I tell myself I'm not going to plant any more trees because there really isn't room to plant more trees.

Then I go to the garden center, and there are trees! Beautiful, wonderful, amazing fruit trees in varieties I don't have yet.

And before I know it I am digging a hole somewhere and planting another tree.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, maize said:

I planted a cherry tree. Every year I tell myself I'm not going to plant any more trees because there really isn't room to plant more trees.

Then I go to the garden center, and there are trees! Beautiful, wonderful, amazing fruit trees in varieties I don't have yet.

Sid the Science Kid has a song for that:

Beautiful trees--you know, we love them.
Beautiful trees: We need more of them.
They take in carbon dioxide
Through their leaves
And put out oxygen for everyone to breathe.
Trees, beautiful trees!
Trees, beautiful trees!

Yeah, we maybe watched that show quite a bit for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You know, Susan, you really have me wanting to make strawberry pretzel salad now, but I have neither strawberries nor pretzels, and I have really no desire to leave the house. I don’t want to deal with make and fines and lines and all that “out there”. I have created a very nice little sanctuary of oblivion and I want to stay here.

I don't blame you.  I send dh out except for the big weekly trip.  Dh doesn't mind because he knows how anxious and/or depressed I get going out into that mess.

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

What's your recipe?  I'm making one now.

I also have two apple pies in the oven and have made the eggs for the kids to do Servie's scavenger hunt tomorrow.

And I feel like I have washed a lot of dishes. 

Ds33 made the chicken chili and there's some left for me later.

Now I'm outside with ds13 while the pies finish baking.

My recipe is the basic one, except it uses 2 blocks of cream cheese with the Cool Whip.  Also, I use 3 cups of crushed pretzels because I can't seem to get 2 cups to cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan.

• Like 3

Viola Dude didn't come for the Easter service recording, so it was just me, Trumpet Man and Guitar Guy.  Oh well.  It was so nice playing some of our traditional Easter service music.  🙂

We put together Resurrection biscuits to bake in the morning for breakfast.  Ds24 made a Resurrection Cube and dd11 made a Resurrection Taco.  

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I have never heard of strawberry pretzel salad.  I have to say it kind of sounds icky.

I mopped half my classroom floor at the science center today.   It will be dry and I can start moving furniture back into that side on Monday.   

I didn't do any activity pack work.  I didn't do any school planning, although I did buy the spiral review pack from Math Mammoth for dd.  She seems to forget things so easily that I think that will be helpful.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, maize said:

Dh took the kids on a hike. They just got home.

You are my soul sister.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Now I kinda want strawberry pretzel salad too. Preferably made by someone else. 😉

44 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Y’all can throw in a coconut cake, too. While I’m ordering imaginary room service   

Texas sheet cake. Yeah Baby!!!,!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Actually, I’m in the mood for a bbq. Burgers and dogs, pasta salad and beans. Chips and fresh salsa. Sitting in a lawn chair, strawberry lemonade in my hand, having a good conversation .... with someone..... anyone.

Me!  I'm coming!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m in! I’ll bring guac and my family recipe chocolate cake. And watermelon. And pineapple. And potato salad!

You’re on!!! Woohoo!!!

Well, there you go. I got the Booya/h!!!,

It’s a BBQ Booya/h!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, Slachey!

I dreamed there was a parent/student meeting for children's choir.  Hulk Hogan and his Band of BA Bandits were there for entertainment, and then it was announced that they would be the new program/choir directors.  What a nightmare!

I am tired of waking up at 4am every morning.  I can't even blame the birds any more because the windows are shut.

I somehow managed to plan an Easter dinner in which 95% of the food must be baked and none of it is compatible with the other items.  Some of them must be baked for a short time at a very high temperature and then a long time at a low temperature, one at a very high temp for a long time,  others at a moderate temp for a short or long time.  Possibly we will eat by midnight and everything will be cold.  Slache, can I borrow your air fryer? That would help with the sweet potato fries.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!

Happy Easter!

We just finished watching Easter service as a family.  In a few minutes I will be "attending" a Spanish service.

We are having spaghetti and meatballs for Easter dinner.  We typically have pasta for Sunday dinner because it's simple to prepare when we return home from church, so we are planning to do the same today (as we do on most Easters).

• Like 3

Dh is getting everyone together for the Annual Easter Morning Kids Sofa Photo.  It's unique this year.  Some are wearing pjs, dd11 is in her apron.  

The Romanian Easter Crown Bread is rising and I am half optimistic that it will turn out well!  It's dd11's first attempt at a yeast bread.  I have made several attempts in the past which convinced me that bread-making is not something I should pursue.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Happy Easter!!!!

I partially made cinnamon rolls last night. Now I am waiting for them to rise enough so I could bake them. I haven’t found a hot cross bun recipe that I am grilled about, so we are having cinnamon rolls that I can make well.

We will “attend” services this morning and then go to my parents’ house for Easter Dinner.

• Like 3

Peace be upon you.

May the plague pass over you and not enter into your house.

May new life be with you.

And I hope the Bunny was good to you.

Happy Easter.

We are having our traditional pumpkin pie (and other foods) in a few minutes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, we know for sure now that our smoke detectors are working just fine. 😄

We had Easter Service and finished the Easter Crown Bread - it looks good.  Hopefully also tastes good.

The roast and au gratin potatoes are in the oven and the kids are cleaning up the kitchen while I rest a bit before getting the asparagus ready and fruit cut.

We are having steady rain and occasional thunder.

• Like 3

He is Risen!  

We've had a lovely, sunny, Easter Sunday so far.  Online service this morning, followed by cooking up a storm for me.  Everything came together ingredient-wise for beef bourguignon, a dijon salad with apples and Swiss crisps, and the last of last fall's butternut squashes, roasted.  Dh made strawberry shortcake for dessert.  We won't eat until later this evening, though, as Dh's family is having a giant zoom session get-together first.  Oh! and the kids had their backyard hunt, and Dd9 is utterly dumfounded by the brilliant technology that has brought forth her incredible PEZ dispenser, and a drive-by Easter Bunny left ME some toilet paper on the front step.  

God is good, always. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Fellow Southeast-dwellers, please check your forecast. My area has been advised to expect tornadoes and power outages between midnight and 7 AM.

Seems that line came through here about an hour ago.  We are keeping an eye on Bob the Backyard Neighbor's backyard - the creek is getting pretty close to the top of the bank.

• Sad 3

We had such a wonderful afternoon. Dinner at my Mom and Dad’s and my aunt and uncle were there.   I just soaked up the conversation like parched ground in a rainstorm. We ate out on the deck the weather was perfect, orange trees are blossoming so the air smelled so sweet. I know that these gathering are not going to last forever as everyone’s health is getting more fragile, which is what made it so sweet.

• Like 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

And somebody's birthday - whose birthday is today?

Some Kids were expressing hope at breakfast that The End was in sight.  The End of math, that is. 😄

The burn on my arm is much better - I'm still putting aloe gel on it.  

Coffee!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

Sorry guys. I don't wanna post in the kiddie pool for a quick yes/no answer.

Krissi, can you tell me if Notgrass AtB covers anything about Inca, Mayan, and Aztecs? I can't tell from their scope and sequence or table of contents.

Edited by KrissiK

Ok, my iPad is possessed again. Servie, off the top of my head, I want to say “no”, but I will check and get back to you.

Great, it’s a Possessed iPad Booya/h!!! Hopefully it’s not contagious. 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I didn't know this. That seems pretty odd, since they aren't legally even allowed to be held responsible for themselves until age 18. 

Baby's without a social security number because they're still in mommy's belly don't get anything either. 🤣

It's because the federal child tax credit age limit is 16yo  - the stimulus just follows the the info from the IRS.

• Like 1