Menu

Ignore this thread!

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

They do it differently at the saloon anyhow. My hairdresser has my “recipe” for the color my hair is and she mixes it on the spot.

I found a box of touch up at the grocery store, so I am at peace with the world.

I just love it that you get your hair done at a saloon. 😜🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning.   It's cold here today.  I was enjoying Spring like weather.  Good thing we didn't do any planting yet.

Heading over to the science center to do more cleaning/organizing today.   This morning dh is heading over with me to move my desk.  I tried to do it yesterday, felt my back twinge and stopped.   I really really REALLY need to get back to doing yoga.  And adding some other form of exercise. 

I did set up the kids school last night.  Finally.  They are soooooo happy.  (not really).   Technically they should be able to just look and see what to do next but they don't seem to get there.  I think they could but if they say they need to wait for me to do it, they occasionally get a break for a day or two.  Plus sometimes I give them less than they would do on their own.

I ordered the High School Geography from Guest Hollow.  I decided we need to do more while we are all home and I'm figuring we will all be home the majority of the time until September at least.   Even if things open up sooner than that, I probably won't be able to get much of anything going at the science center so I may as well plan life as being home all summer. 

ETA:  Oh look, a booya!   A cleaning, organizing, schooling, buying booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!
COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!

i slept in the morning. The little girls are have a sleepover at Grandma’s house, so I don’t have to start school so early.  I will be . baking my sourdough bread this morning. And I got ground beef and cabbage at the grocery store yesterday  So I will make bierocks as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I just love it that you get your hair done at a saloon. 😜🤣

🤣🤣 if they give you enough to drink, it doesn’t matter if they screw up your hair.

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I have to go out again this morning for regular grocery shopping.  I hate Aldi now.  Not that Itd' their fault.

iPad is being a butt today. Fix it, Krissi! 😩

Greek yogurt and strawberries and granola &/or Cheerios for breakfast.

Coffee!

I would fix it, but mine is being a butt, too.😡

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Look at all these bakers, making sourdough! 

I'm just making novels. But that involves a certain amount of fermentation, too. Nothing big planned today, just more writing, and some cooking because it has to be done. I probably need to do some cleaning, but I know as soon as I do, I'll need something and not be able to find it. So maybe not until the weekend when revisions slow down.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

🤣🤣 if they give you enough to drink, it doesn’t matter if they screw up your hair.

Dh has a friend who has now opened two men's hair saloon salons.  Complete with sports bar and pool tables and $10 beard trims (which is a pretty good deal in this area for a fancy schmancy saloon salon).  Haircuts are a little more.  

• Like 2

I'm tired of being cold.  Why will it not warm up?!?  It's the middle of April, for heaven's sake.  Might as well be in Santa Fe!

In other news, I managed to cobble together 4 dozen eggs after visiting 3 stores.  We usually go through 6 dozen eggs a week, but I was tired of stores so we'll make due for now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Did you change your outfit?

I tried to change it but it didn't fit so I think maybe now I'm naked.

5 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Isaac James.

I'm still sick.

That was my very first go to because it was my grandpa's name. No one really likes it though. I'm still sick too. Not as sick as you.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Slache said:

It's a boy. There's a small chance I'll need a hysterectomy. I need a middle name for Isaac. Every doctor's appointment Alex is sad I don't come out with a baby.

Yay!  Congrats!  Buy Awex a puppy.  

Names: First thought was Isaac Alexander, but that could be a little family redundancy.

So....

Isaac Nathaniel

Isaac Eliot

Isaac Benjamin

Isaac Dorian

Isaac Theodore

Isaac Jude 

And while I'm leaning toward not-two-syllables, there's...

Isaac Colton  

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

I tried to change it but it didn't fit so I think maybe now I'm naked.

That was my very first go to because it was my grandpa's name. No one really likes it though. I'm still sick too. Not as sick as you.

I was going to laugh, but then you said you were still sick so I guess that’s not funny. 

btw, I like Isaac James a lot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Yay!  Congrats!  Buy Awex a puppy.  

Names: First thought was Isaac Alexander, but that could be a little family redundancy.

So....

Isaac Nathaniel

Isaac Eliot

Isaac Benjamin

Isaac Dorian

Isaac Theodore

Isaac Jude 

And while I'm leaning toward not-two-syllables, there's...

Isaac Colton  

I don't want 2-2-2 either, but not liking the alternatives. Isaac Bret for my stepdad, but Matt says no. The fact that I'd have to Google his last name and murders in San Diego to figure out if it's one T or 2 is maybe a sign.

The Benjamin tribe was left handed. Matt wants a lefty, I don't.

Just now, Slache said:

I don't want 2-2-2 either, but not liking the alternatives. Isaac Bret for my stepdad, but Matt says no. The fact that I'd have to Google his last name and murders in San Diego to figure out if it's one T or 2 is maybe a sign.

Well, I think it should be Isaac Oxenbridge Charles [Lastname].  You're welcome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

My lefty has the prettiest cursive in the family. So there's that.  

Maybe Isaac Oliver?

But still coming back to Isaac James.  It fits with your classic sibling names.  I love it.  DO IT.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Well, I think it should be Isaac Oxenbridge Charles [Lastname].  You're welcome.

No.

1 minute ago, lots of little ducklings said:

My lefty has the prettiest cursive in the family. So there's that.  

Maybe Isaac Oliver?

But still coming back to Isaac James.  It fits with your classic sibling names.  I love it.  DO IT.

Maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, maize said:

You could do what dh and I did when we wanted different middle names for ds9: we gave him both.

Actually three of my kids have double middle names.

The problem is not that we both like one, the problem is that neither of us likes any.

• Like 2

What about Isaac Theodore? 

from the Greek name Θεόδωρος (Theódoros) meaning "God-given" (from the Greek words θεός, (theós) "God" and δώρον (dōron) "gift").

ETA:  Oh, someone already suggested that.  Ignore me.  I like Oxenbridge better, anyway.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Oh my! I just thought that saloon/salon thing earlier was a typo! It actually exists?! I wonder if a woman came up with the idea in order to help other women convince their men to "Go get a haircut!" 🤣

In my case it was a typo. 🤣

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

:jawdrop: How big is your family? We go through a lot and are actually considering buying chickens because of it, but we don't go through as many as you! Lol

8 in the family - though dd21 is usually away at college.  But when everyone is here, it's basically 4 adults and 4 teenagers.  Youngest is 11 but she's adult-sized.  We have eggs for breakfast 4 days a week, plus use more for baking or recipes and hardboiled for picnics and snacks.  

We went on a hike.  I am giving up on my new trail shoes.  Going uphill is fine - downhill is horrible (foot pain).  I sure wish REI was open to help me figure out what to try next.

Gotta put the salmon in the oven.

• Like 2

Speaking of s'mores, I had the brilliant idea of using Doppel Keks (giant sandwich cookies) from Aldi for the chocolate/graham cracker part of smores.  We will try them out soon.

Dh went to AFSA and is not back yet.  I'm getting worried that he was sucked into the Vortex of Evil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My wild yeast isn't yeasting.  Pizza nite is in coming up fast, folks.  We Need Yeast.

Also my stimulus money isn't....stimming?   "According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time."  We are indeed eligible.  We haven't been using Direct Deposit in recent years so I really wanted to get set up for it and was supposed to be able to do that starting today. Pooh.   

I think it's time for a glass of whine wine.  

• Sad 3