Menu

Ignore this thread!

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Warning Cookpo!  Avert yer eyeballs!

Krissi/anyone, do you think some fresh rosemary would be a nice addition to the au gratin potatoes?  I have a new rosemary plant and am looking for things to stick it on.

Oooh, now that sounds like a yummy addition.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning!  It's Friday eve.  

Krissi, or anyone, what do you think about warming a honeybaked ham in the crock pot?  We had so much at Christmas that I froze some and I was thinking of having it Sunday.  I've seen a bunch of recipes online for cooking pre-cooked hams in the crock pot.  But then I saw another site that said USDA does not recommend heating a pre-cooked ham in the crock pot because of bacteria.  They recommend some other method for heating and then only using crock pot for keeping it warm.  Any thoughts?  (I was going to add a little brown sugar and pineapple even though it already has a glaze on it - crazy?)

Oops - I should have added a "cooking-po"  warning.  Every body stand back - I've got a cooking question!!

I would thaw in the fridge,  cook in the oven and keep warm in the crock pot. 

Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

HVAC guys are still here.  Testing the system which is good.  It's getting cold in here!  I am sad because I had to stay behind when the others left for the Good Friday service "livestream" recording.  Oh well.  

I was able to find all the ingredients for Indian milk tea, so we will have some tomorrow when dd21 is home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So it seems that part of the reason it took so long with the hvac people today is that whoever originally did the duct work did a crappy job and so these guys fixed the messed up part of it and also fixed a gas line that was TAPED to a live electrical wire in the attic.  Also they had to pour a new cement slab for the AC compressor.  But it's all done and working correctly and we will hopefully have a cooler house this summer and a lower electrical bill.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

My second attempt at sour dough bread was a fail. Well, not really. It’s ok bread, but.... it’s not sour and as bread, it’s just mediocre. I froze it and may use it for French toast some time. I will now try my friend’s recipe.

Never say die!!

• Like 7

Good morning!  A blessed Good Friday to you all!

Jean's being braggy! Jean's being braggy!!  Humph. 😩

I have a long drive this afternoon to pick up dd21 for the weekend.  I better do my exercise this morning.  Even though everyone is sleeping late.  Dh got to bed at 2:30 which is a little better than the previous Friday.  The entire company is supposed to be taking the day off today, but dh says Some Idiots are determined to get their pet projects done by Saturday night, so dh will probably have to work twice as much all weekend to fix the things they screw up.  I'm glad he has a job.

Have to go put the black cloth on the door.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning. Reading, then writing, and then research. I made stuffed mushrooms and also some fried mushrooms last night that were delicious. We are taking a spring break next week to get some work in the gardens and the house done, and I want to do some painting as a tonic to writing and revising so much lately.

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Good Friday!

I slept better last night (3am -9am), but I woke up with a headache.  😞

I might end up at the store today.  I have a prescription that ran out a few days ago that I need to pick up.  When I called to request the refill, I asked if I could get a three-month supply.  They said that they would do it as long as the insurance would approve it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

MP or tossed school salad? This is what I am struggling with. 

Actually, I am avoiding packing, though I did do 2 boxes today. Packing in earnest is this weekend.

I have a headache and can't go to sleep yet. Captain had an accident on my bed late this afternoon so I am now waiting for the laundry to be done.

Tossed school salad for me because I am constitutionally incapable of sticking with a nicely planned out program.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

MP or tossed school salad? This is what I am struggling with. 

Actually, I am avoiding packing, though I did do 2 boxes today. Packing in earnest is this weekend.

I have a headache and can't go to sleep yet. Captain had an accident on my bed late this afternoon so I am now waiting for the laundry to be done.

5 hours ago, maize said:

Tossed school salad for me because I am constitutionally incapable of sticking with a nicely planned out program.

5 hours ago, Spudater said:

Me too.

4 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Ditto.

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Yep.

I would like to register an opinion, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Haha 3

Afternoon.   Lost a post from this morning and now I don't remember what I've said and what I haven't said.  

Same old, same old here.   Going to the science center to clean, move things and take care of animals.  Home to clean, read and surf the net.  Dh is back from his mom's.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

Afternoon.   Lost a post from this morning and now I don't remember what I've said and what I haven't said.  

Same old, same old here.   Going to the science center to clean, move things and take care of animals.  Home to clean, read and surf the net.  Dh is back from his mom's.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. You said you were going to send all your ITT Besties boxes of high quality chocolate.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

We're home.  Glad I took the Elderly Van - dd21 had all the camping stuff plus a box of books and a bunch of winter stuff and current study materials  to bring home.  One of her roommates is finishing the school year from home so there was some sorrowful parting.

Falafel tacos for dinner, then livestream Good Friday service.  I didn't get to play Smitten, Stricken, and Afflicted for the first time in probably 20 years.  I might bring my violin up and have a play-along. 😁

• Like 5

Dh is on a phone call with his boss "explaining" why an accusation of "dropping the ball" on a project on his day off is not acceptable.  He has done what he could (Working all day) for those asinine artists who for some reason thought giving 3 days instead of the required 6 weeks lead time and then refusing to make themselves available to answer questions because "it's their day off" would make for a successful launch of their pathetic We Are The World wannabe project.  BossMan is getting an earful.  Good Friday service starts in 5 minutes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Hurry!  One minute left!

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Lynn, do ya think she made it?

I made it!  Even finished my coffee. Currently listening to Easter morning sermon - continuing the series through Philippians. 

I will not be able to keep my days straight for a while.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Day!!!!

nothing much going on. I need to make a birthday cake for DD2. Her birthday is tomorrow. She will be 11.

We had family movie night. DS got to choose and he chose Transformers. It was rated PG-13, but it was a PG-13 I was a bit uncomfortable with. I can deal with violence much better than s3x and even though the objectionable scene was about..... that M word that teenage boys are famous for, and it was supposed to be funny, I suppose, I felt that it was quite out of line. I really prefer the Marvel movies.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I made it!  Even finished my coffee. Currently listening to Easter morning sermon - continuing the series through Philippians. 

I will not be able to keep my days straight for a while.  

Yay, Susan!!,

So, your pastor is doing travel themed sermons???

Philippians. Philippines. Veggie-tales reference.

Slinks off embarrassed.

Although now that I think about it, it’s not Philippians and Philippines, it was Philistines and Philippines in “Dave and the Giant Pickle.”

Nevermimd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I gotta get up, have breakfast, and get dressed and ready to leave in 45 minutes for Easter Sunday service.  Think I can make it?

Coffee!

It's not Sunday is it?  I feel like I don't know anymore.   

I know it's Saturday because we're going to my mom's for dinner tomorrow and dh has to thaw the turkey.   He wouldn't forget.

Being kind of lazy this morning.  Had tea and breakfast, reading super long threads on here.  After lunch will go to the science center, mop the floor with my improvised mop (a car washing mitt over the handle of a lipman mop that doesn't have a replacement head), do some cleaning/organizing, then home to work on an activity pack to share this weekend.  And laundry.  And maybe I should set up school today since we won't be home tomorrow evening.

• Like 4

Good Afternoon!

Happy Saturday!

I slept in until 9:30 and then we watched Sight and Sound's Jesus production.

Dh and the older girls and I watched it last night, and then we all watched it this morning and fast-forwarded through a few of the more intense scenes.  We all really, really enjoyed it!

• Like 3

I have some Easter meal things to do today - make the strawberry pretzel salad and check to see if hollandaise sauce can be made ahead of time and reheated.  Color Easter eggs and make resurrection biscuits tonight.  Make Cooking schedule for tomorrow.  Dd11 will have to start the Easter crown bread early.  

We're going to a park in The Big City for a hike in a while and then do an Easter egg hunt in the yard.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2