What's with the ads?

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Kima.

I remember this one - it’s yummy!

Kima Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
That’s a big booyah.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am exhausted. My Baby exhausts me. She is absolutely the sweetest thing there ever was. I mean, she really is. But she doesn’t want to watch tv and so she follows me around and talks to me. And talks. And talks. And talks.  And of course, I want to say, “don’t you want to go watch tv?” then I remember at tv isn’t good for kids and I remember all those poems and stuff about kids growing up fast and to cherish these moments, even if I am collapsed in a heap in the floor for lack of 5 minutes of silence.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

I need to go pick up some of dd13's allergy medicine.  Otherwise it's a Normal Monday.

COFFEE!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

On 9/21/2019 at 12:43 PM, Paradox5 said:

You guys passed 3 of my kids a cold the day Scotsman leaves? How could you??

Actually, it is more like the symptoms mine get when the ugly Dairy Allergy/Sensitivity is making its way back around. Bummer cause Daiya seems to have changed the recipe so the cheese is weird. We are eating the stuff in the house then going DF hardcore.

Y’all can have some of the torrents of rain we have had the past few days. We didn’t flood but 5 families in our Church did. On the upside, I don’t have to water the lawn while Scotsman is gone. 

WriteShop didn’t last a day. We all voted WWE/WWS. I can’t decide if The Girl should do WWE 4 first. She was really struggling with the narration bit of 3 by the end. She says she does better when she hears it rather than just reads. ASD Boy should probably do 3. Getting him to write anything is a fight!

Potty training is falling off. Captain did really well for 2 days then started “going” everywhere and screeching “No potty!”. Even the M&M incentive is not swaying him. Any ideas on that, oh experienced ITTers?

Scotsman leaves in a couple hours.  He is all packed, passport located, bank informed so his card doesn’t get flagged, and pre checked in. The kids are trying to shove in Daddy Time like mad. This will be the longest he has been gone at one stretch ever.

This may have been answered already (just ketchupping from the chaotic weekebd), but Squishy did this. I put him in back in pull ups for a month and put away his potty. I talked about how great going on the potty was for big kids, but didn't suggest he try it. Then I pulled his potty out again and put it in the kitchen, where he could sit on it fully clothes or not. That was another week or so. Then we started potty training all over again. He's daytime consistent for peeing, but will ask for a pull up to poop in. He also wears pull ups overnight. 

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's finally Autumn!   Although I saw a picture on Facebook this morning that read, "Happy Fall!  Offer not valid in Texas."

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩

Autumnal Equinox!!👍👍🍁🍁🍂🍂🍁🍂

School today!

• Like 6

Happy birthday, Angi!

I'm making a second coffee, but it's decaf because Cheeto. Does decaf still count as coffee? Do I care anymore that excessive caffeine might result in Cheeto being born with horns or something? Considering how tired I am today, maybe not.

Our local homeschool support group is having a field trip at the local apple orchard this afternoon. I love that they often plan their field trips for afternoons, allowing us to at least get Bible, math, and reading done before we go.

I had lots of contractions this weekend. It averaged four an hour, and my doc's criteria for calling is six an hour. I spent most of the weekend reading a mindless book on the couch while Dave did All The Things. I'm thankful for a healthy baby, but I'll be happy to not be pregnant anymore when Cheeto comes. I suck at pregnancy. My protein-in-the-urine test is Thursday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am exhausted. My Baby exhausts me. She is absolutely the sweetest thing there ever was. I mean, she really is. But she doesn’t want to watch tv and so she follows me around and talks to me. And talks. And talks. And talks.  And of course, I want to say, “don’t you want to go watch tv?” then I remember at tv isn’t good for kids and I remember all those poems and stuff about kids growing up fast and to cherish these moments, even if I am collapsed in a heap in the floor for lack of 5 minutes of silence.

((Krissi))

I get it. I really, really get it. I have an only. My only was the same way. At about the same age, my only and I were up here, and Daddy was still working in California. For 18 months, I was it. So, yeah, I really, really get it. It's exhausting, but it does get better.

((Krissi))

And, it really is awesome to hear their stories and their thoughts and to be so very important. Because then they get to be 17 and you realize that they're going to leave you and you will neverever be that central to them again. It's nice to have the memories... 😞

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Happy nirthday to Angi; happy coffee and happy autumn to all for whom the offer applies. 🙂

germpo:
DS is still sick (day 6). I walked out of CVS empty-handed last night after finding zero medicine that I thought would be effective & taste acceptable to him that The Google could identify as Definitely Not Poisonous to my sweet baby huggabunch. We are back at Vick's and Sinex (and he did decide to use a cough drop during the night even though they don't taste good). I guess it's working somewhat, as he is going to eat. /germpo

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  It's finally Autumn!   Although I saw a picture on Facebook this morning that read, "Happy Fall!  Offer not valid in Texas."

Or Arkansas. Hot this morning, and very humid!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Thanks, you two!  

Susan, how do you know when birthdays are coming?

At some point in the past year or two, it was a birthday and I added it to my calendar. 🎉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday!

We're off to the DMV in our dead car so he can get a non dead car tomorrow. Wish us luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

There are 122 people ahead of me.

What are you doing at the DMV, anyway?  Should go to the Georgetown one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

What are you doing at the DMV, anyway?  Should go to the Georgetown one.

State ID, Driver's license.

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

And you're not even in the correct line!

Yes I am!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There arw now 54 people in front of me. Most numbers never go up so I assume they see how far they are and leave.

• Like 1

I got steroid injections in my foot.  This is my first time doing this.  I hope it works!

Also, when I stopped for lunch I saw my friend who recently had her leg amputated.  She was on her way home from a doctor's appointment, too.  She was on crutches, I was leaning (a lot) on my cane.  She seems to be doing pretty well.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

If you sing annoying songs at the DMV, do they push you through faster?

I'll let you know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Junie said:

If you sing annoying songs at the DMV, do they push you through faster?

19 minutes ago, Slache said:

I'll let you know!

No.

• Sad 7

Kids did twenty minutes of chores and an hour of schoolwork this morning. 

That felt like a major accomplishment.

Our Mondays are crazy busy.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I stayed up and awake and mostly productive this morning. Well, productive in writing. In other regards, I was a slug. I'm still in pajamas, which is something I never do, but I simply didn't feel up to getting dressed when I'd probably be in bed for the afternoon. Which is where I ended up. This cold is one of those fatigue-inducing kinds--where just doing the laundry and loading dishes feels like someone has asked you to run a marathon.

But I did get some good news today, and hopefully my rough month and a half is over. Moving on will be tough, but I think I am up to it. Or I will be, if I don't let this cold overpower me.

• Like 6