Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning. Last day of testing here. Happy Shakespeare Day. (If you haven't seen Patrick Stewart doing the sonnet readings, now's a good time to check that out.)

MIL canceled the hotel reservation. She is sad. DS is their only grandchild and they only get to see him twice a year. I'm hoping we will be able to reschedule in May.

New medicine is not helping a bit.

I'm wearing my watch today. Feels a bit fancy.

Disinfect your device and wash your lovely hands, dears! ❤️ Have a good day.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Morning.  I definitely agree on the pointlessness of planning.   I should be taking this time to prepare classes for the fall but not knowing what's going to happen it's hard to get motivated.   We're doing pretty good with homeschooling since that's definitely continuing.   I am rearranging the science center, which also seems somewhat pointless but I always liked reorganizing.

Today is my oldest daughter's 26th birthday.  I don't think she's feeling too great these days either.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Last day of testing!

I can tell that Lynn's kids haven't been swimming.  😞  Lynn (and her coffee) used to be the first one here every morning.

Awwww, thanks for thinking of me.  I've started trying to get a walk in every day which throws off the routine a bit depending on when I do it.  But with no where to go later in the day, everything stretches out longer than it used to.  

• Like 2

Apparently, today is Take Your Child to Work Day.  This year that concept has been taken to a new level.  

I'm trying to get dh to take all of the girls with him into ds19's room while he teleworks.  So far, I have not been successful.  :)

ETA:  A Work at Home with Your Kids Booyah!!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Junie said:

Testing is finished.

Now I have to get everything ready to take to the (potentially) germ-infested post office.

Also, it has been 10 days since we've gotten groceries, so I need to start finalizing my shopping list.

Do you happen to have a Priority Mail box of suitable size? You can pay for and print a shipping label on the USPS website and have them pick it up from you. That's what I'm doing.

*sigh* I need to do another grocery list (for DH), too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Do you happen to have a Priority Mail box of suitable size? You can pay for and print a shipping label on the USPS website and have them pick it up from you. That's what I'm doing.

*sigh* I need to do another grocery list (for DH), too.

There's a specific mailing envelope that I need to use, and I'm supposed to insure it.  Our post office is literally one of the smallest ones in the country.  I think there are only five parking spaces and ime there is rarely more than one other customer there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We are back from dinner at my mom’s house. It was good. The windows are open, crickets are chirping, frogs are croaking..... I’m waiting for an owl to make an appearance in the evening symphony,

Tiger the Bullfrog regularly sings with us.  If we are late in singing in the morning he gives a little croak or two to let us know he's ready and waiting.  😁  He also likes to sing with the ukulele.  ❤️  

• Like 2

I wasn't feeling great earlier and then I remembered that I was probably just tired.  Felt better after a catnap.  No actual cats involved. I made an experimental foil campfire dinner in the oven - french fries, cheese, andouille sausage, and corn-on-the-cob.  Not bad, but took a long time to cook in the 450* oven.  Then we watched Groundhog Day.

• Like 2

Good Morning!  I lost count of the coffee scoops this morning, erred on the side of one too many, and then realized it was a little strong during my first cup and added more water to the rest.  

I took youngest dd to a Birthday car parade for one of her friends yesterday evening.  Everyone drove by her house twice with signs, balloons, honking.  Before it started, we spoke to one friend outside our car and then another from inside our car.  So wonderful and weird at the same time to see friends.    

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

The windows are open, crickets are chirping, frogs are croaking..... I’m waiting for an owl to make an appearance in the evening symphony,

LOL, you do have a kid the right age for a Hogwarts letter, don't you? 🙂 I was awake a good bit of the night and learned that the Very Cheerful Cardinal actually starts the morning concert at 4:15, solo, and it's a while before the other birds join in.

Light day today--DS has chess club (which I'm insisting he cannot attend in pajamas, and reminding him that Back in My Day his nana made me iron my school clothes) and just a little bit of other light stuff. I'm going to the Writing Revolution free webinar at noon. Then I think I will pay him to do some housework and hand him the TV remote.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

LOL, you do have a kid the right age for a Hogwarts letter, don't you? 🙂 I was awake a good bit of the night and learned that the Very Cheerful Cardinal actually starts the morning concert at 4:15, solo, and it's a while before the other birds join in.

Light day today--DS has chess club (which I'm insisting he cannot attend in pajamas, and reminding him that Back in My Day his nana made me iron my school clothes) and just a little bit of other light stuff. I'm going to the Writing Revolution free webinar at noon. Then I think I will pay him to do some housework and hand him the TV remote.

Now that would be fun. And coincidentally enough, we are reading Harry Potter as a read aloud.

• Like 3

Good morning!

It's Friday!  Slept until breakfast.  I had a weird dream about moving into a dorm with the whole family - the room had very high ceilings but there was no bathroom.  And random people kept wandering in and leaving their stuff.

Our Celestial binoculars should be arriving today!  Also a couple mini tent-lanterns and a ukulele neck strap.  I had a tussle with the printer earlier because it refused to print with paper from the lower compartment.  Stupid thing.  I refrained from kicking it.

I should pantz.

Coffee!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

@KrissiK @myblessings4 https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Hd8UFwVQTEel73LnVYOFMQ

I'm going to use TWR for next year and don't want to pay $1k for their 11-hour course, so these free tidbits on Fridays are helpful. I'm making PDF form worksheets DS can do on the computer that correlate with his history and science for next year--I've completed 5 of what will probably need to be about 80 of them. (REALLY hoping his day camp in July is still able to run so I have that week to work on school stuff.)

I am assuming that is noon Eastern time, which translates to 9:00am PST.

• Like 1

Morning. I'm still sitting on the couch having my tea.   It's icky and rainy today so I'm trying to decide if I really need to go by the science center.   My ankle hurts a lot today so I don't know if I'll do yoga either way so I might as well just stay home.   Animals were loaded up yesterday so they will be fine.  

My mom and oldest daughter are coming over tomorrow for dinner.  They are part of our "bubble" since the beginning.   I probably should clean the bathroom and maybe the kitchen before they come over.

• Like 5

That was a great webinar, WH.  I was wondering how that could translate into a resource for my school parents. Are those webinars recorded and accessible?  The system looks similar to the one I took years ago with Writing With Kris at a homeschool convention. Everyone has their own ways of tweaking things, but this system is not new to me. It’s an excellent system and I would like to buy the book, but I am wondering how to make this accessible, digestible and doable for my homeschool parents who are committed to homeschooling, but are not gung -ho, die-hard, denim-skirt wearing, curriculum researching people. KWIM?

Oooops, I forgot the EdPo.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Hmmm. Maybe I should break out my ancient Kindle and see if it still works or look for an inexpensive low tech replacement. Seems a much cheaper option for this number of books, but I do really prefer hard copies. 

How many points for multi-quoting myself?

If it makes you feel better, I’m not sure you’d save that much money on kindle versions of the books. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, I am supremely bummed. I just got an email from the camp we’ve been going to for Family camp in the summer - Mt. Hermon. The county says they can’t hold camps this summer.😢 I’m not surprised, just extremely bummed.

I'm sorry!  I look forward to your Family camp every summer!

So far the kids' scout and church camps are on as planned.  Dd21's nursing job at a summer camp is still on, but they have asked for patience and flexibility as changes may occur.  

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

Good morning!

Dh and 3 kids will be going to Church Service Recording this morning.  There is a very small group that has been doing this for these past few weeks as per the mayor's guidelines.  Dd13 and I were planning to plant the pumpkin seedlings, but it is supposed to rain all day, so might wait a few days.  Anyone here been to Grand Staircase-Escalante?

Coffee!

• Like 3

Dh made the coffee.  I think I'm going to make a 2nd pot.  I think it's Saturday.  Youngest dd and I watched two and a half segments of Pride and Prejudice last night.  

Also, I started reading North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.  I'm not really hooked yet, but sticking with it for now.  

• Like 3