Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Dh is at the store and I texted him to see if they had any paper towels.  He texted back, " Ha ha!  You want a pony, too?" 

Part 2:  Strong storm blew through while he was at the store and the power went out.  He said it was pitch black in there for a bit.  Then he couldn't get into the neighborhood because a tree fell across the road.  He was able to back out of the road and get through on the wrong side of the median with a bit of 4-wheeling.  He did not bring my pony.  😩

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Part 2:  Strong storm blew through while he was at the store and the power went out.  He said it was pitch black in there for a bit.  Then he couldn't get into the neighborhood because a tree fell across the road.  He was able to back out of the road and get through on the wrong side of the median with a bit of 4-wheeling.  He did not bring my pony.  😩

Svengo. Sounds lik he should have ben on a pony. He might have gotten home more easily.

• Like 5

I gotta think of something to make for dinner. I am getting so burnt out of cooking. And I need to go to the store and I don’t want to. The whole atmosphere of the outside world is just.... foreboding. Even going to the store stresses me out. And I am not afraid of getting sick at all.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I gotta think of something to make for dinner. I am getting so burnt out of cooking. And I need to go to the store and I don’t want to. The whole atmosphere of the outside world is just.... foreboding. Even going to the store stresses me out. And I am not afraid of getting sick at all.

Dinner was several hours ago.  You missed it, so you don't need to worry about it. 😉

(Going out into the big, bad world stresses me out, too.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Dinner was several hours ago.  You missed it, so you don't need to worry about it. 😉

(Going out into the big, bad world stresses me out, too.)

We had spaghetti.  And I made the “fresh tomato sauce” recipe out of Betty Crocker. It is very easy and yummy. You don’t cook it, and I bought a basil plant at the grocery store (paid a fortune for it, but everywhere is out of basil) so I had fresh basil and fresh parsley and it was super good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

We seem to have lost power sometime during the night when some storms came through, but it came back on about an hour ago.

I feel like I have to get a lot done today, but I'm not sure that it's really true.  I'm not awake enough yet to figure it out. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It seems that our dishwasher is back to cleaning dishes, as opposed to the mucking about of the past week. Yay!

So even our appliances may experience a little quarantine apathy.  Yay for recovery!

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 1

Happy Nirthday, Baby Kernel!

I may not be around much this week. I have time to be around, but our satellite internet downgraded us to carrier pigeon, and I'm having to wait for five minutes or more just to load a page, so I won't be trying to ketchup.

I need to plant plants today and get cleaning done. We ended up with extra tomatoes, and now I have to figure out where we can grow these extra plants. They are extra yummy varieties, so I want them in the ground for sure. Just where is going to be fun. The boys are doing school, but over half their day is now spent out in the garden working. It's just huge this year, and more pumpkins that we thought weren't coming up have started to come up (in my tomato pots no less) and so that's been fun. The pumpkins look to be giant ones, which means they grow fast and take over the pot, so I'm moving tomatoes like crazy. 

I've not been shopping. DH goes Sunday as we've always done, and sometimes I get what I ask for and sometimes I don't. Mostly we get along okay. I'm just really glad my kids don't have any online classes right now, or things would be rough! But yes, it's feeling very weird right now. I'm trying to extend a little bit of grace to everyone, including myself. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Happy Nirthday, Baby Kernel!

I may not be around much this week. I have time to be around, but our satellite internet downgraded us to carrier pigeon, and I'm having to wait for five minutes or more just to load a page, so I won't be trying to ketchup.

I need to plant plants today and get cleaning done. We ended up with extra tomatoes, and now I have to figure out where we can grow these extra plants. They are extra yummy varieties, so I want them in the ground for sure. Just where is going to be fun. The boys are doing school, but over half their day is now spent out in the garden working. It's just huge this year, and more pumpkins that we thought weren't coming up have started to come up (in my tomato pots no less) and so that's been fun. The pumpkins look to be giant ones, which means they grow fast and take over the pot, so I'm moving tomatoes like crazy. 

I've not been shopping. DH goes Sunday as we've always done, and sometimes I get what I ask for and sometimes I don't. Mostly we get along okay. I'm just really glad my kids don't have any online classes right now, or things would be rough! But yes, it's feeling very weird right now. I'm trying to extend a little bit of grace to everyone, including myself. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Happy Star Wars Day!!!

School & work. DH is taking the day off. He’s actually able to do that now that everything he had requested vacation days for - Family Camp, DD’s 8th East Coast Trip - has been canceled.

• Like 2

I'm back at the office today.  I miss my pjs.  And my dog.  Not the family, just the dog. 😀

They took my temperature.  Apparently that is enough for them to determine I am not sick with Covid-19.  Insert eyeroll. 

The lights are really bright here.  They were hurting my eyes.  I'm now sitting in the dark.  I can't seem to focus on anything for any length of time.  Everything here is so distracting.  Bah humbug. The Queen and I are opposites; I do not care for Mondays.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ellie said:

It's Monday!!!!!

Really?  Are you sure?   IT doesn't feel like Monday.

I'm all off because every day is exactly like the day before.  Especially with dh down at his moms. I don't even have him working less on his computer.   I guess the kids didn't do school, but once I set things up, I don't really "see" them doing it anyway.   Speaking of which, I didn't set up school.   I'm thinking of switching to 4 days worth of school now so as the weather gets nicer we can get out more.  State and county parks reopened and I'm hoping people are smart and they stay that way.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm so sorry you're pregnancy is giving you such a hard time, Slachie. Being sick while pregnant and unable to take anything to relieve the symptoms is the worst. Probably peanuts compared to what you're going through, but I remember catching the flu while nearing the end of my first trimester with Youngest and being absolutely terrified I'd miscarry because NOTHING would stay down and I thought surely the baby would starve if we both didn't. I'll continue to pray you get some relief soon. 

Thank you. I am on medicine but it makes me sleep. And it's not 100% effective, but waaaay better than before.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Really?  Are you sure?   IT doesn't feel like Monday.

I'm all off because every day is exactly like the day before.  Especially with dh down at his moms. I don't even have him working less on his computer.   I guess the kids didn't do school, but once I set things up, I don't really "see" them doing it anyway.   Speaking of which, I didn't set up school.   I'm thinking of switching to 4 days worth of school now so as the weather gets nicer we can get out more.  State and county parks reopened and I'm hoping people are smart and they stay that way.  

Yes, absolutely sure.

Of course, it might be easier for me to maintain a semi-regular schedule because there are only Mr. Ellie and myself to take care of, and I have tried to continue with my weekly routine, even though there may be some days where I'm less formally dressed than before...

• Like 4

Good morning!

We forgot to put out the trash cans last week so we need to remember today.  8 people go through a lot of trash.  We're going to a store to find hiking boots/shoes for dd13 this morning.  She is wearing size 9.5 so I am hoping her feet don't grow any more and these will last a good long time.

Other than that we have the "zoom and teams meeting" scramble all day.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I did not sleep well last night.  I had a dream/nightmare that woke me up at 3 am.  I didn't get back to sleep until after 6.

Probably salmon for dinner, although we might have fajitas because it's Cinco de Mayo.

More Star Wars tonight because according to my kids it's Revenge of the Fifth.  (I think it should be Revenge of the Sixth, so we might be watching Star Wars again tomorrow.)

ETA: It's a Celebration Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2

Morning.  It's my busy day.   Two Algebra lessons on Zoom, then walking with dd, then bringing other dd to science center to try Zoom TKD class.

Dh is still down with his mom.  She evidently had an episode last night of trouble breathing, super high blood pressure and swollen ankles.  EMT's think it's CHF.  MIL declined to go to the hospital and they are waiting for a call back from her doctor.   I'm glad dh was down there when it happened.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

Morning.  It's my busy day.   Two Algebra lessons on Zoom, then walking with dd, then bringing other dd to science center to try Zoom TKD class.

Dh is still down with his mom.  She evidently had an episode last night of trouble breathing, super high blood pressure and swollen ankles.  EMT's think it's CHF.  MIL declined to go to the hospital and they are waiting for a call back from her doctor.   I'm glad dh was down there when it happened.  

I’m glad your Dh is there!

• Like 2

Vent!

SIL, who is stressed about not being able to afford everything for her baby, just bought $45 shoes for an infant. 🤦 She's also angry with us because we did not buy her gifts for all 3 baby showers as well as something special. She never got us a single thing for our kids. There is so much drama there right now and we are just very not there.

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Slache said:

Vent!

SIL, who is stressed about not being able to afford everything for her baby, just bought $45 shoes for an infant. 🤦 She's also angry with us because we did not buy her gifts for all 3 baby showers as well as something special. She never got us a single thing for our kids. There is so much drama there right now and we are just very not there.

(((Slache)))  ENB needs to 'splain some things to your SIL.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Another Lynn said:

(((Slache)))  ENB needs to 'splain some things to your SIL.  

She was so sweet until she was about 20. She was lazy, but generally pleasant to be around. We moved away, dark magic happened, and now she's just awful. When she wants something she doesn't move, she just screams (not yells, but screams) until it's brought to her. This is one of about 20 traits that are displayed multiple times an hour that I just can't stand.

• Sad 1