Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I will PM you her phone number and you can tell her that.

She showed a 6 week ultrasound at 3 weeks and has been talking about how the doctors shave been wanting to induce her a month early because she's "measuring big". He's not early.

Nope.  I am not calling your MIL.  Ever.

I hope everything goes well with your new nephew.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Junie said:

It sounds like it's going to be a long mother's day weekend for her. 😞

Yeah. She's basically living at MIL's and MIL says she's never been this miserable. SIL says it's not labor but MIL says back spasms don't come in 12 minute intervals. I'll bet we have a baby by Saturday night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, we had dinner at my parents house. They basically live in the country, but their house is close to the road and they have neighbors close on one side.  Mom and I are in the kitchen and all the sudden we hear squealing tires and a collision, then more squealing and another collision and then more squealing. I ran outside and looked down the street and saw nothing. Then I looked closer and some guy had hit a telephone pole , uprooted it, there were deep ruts in the dirt on the shoulder and the telephone lines were dangling across the road. And there was a bumper, a grill and various and sundry broken parts scattered on the road, but no car. The neighbor and I consulted and she had seen the whole thing happen. We decided to call the. Non-emergency police line, which she did. The officers arrived fairly quickly and while we waited we directed traffic. People drive fast on that road and those lines were hard to see until you were right up on them. So, that was my excitement for the night.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Slache said:

We're on page 3,900 and Susan has said nothing.

Are you ok, Susan?

Susan?? Susan???

Hmmm. It’s. Booya/h. A “Where’s Susan?l Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
Susan is missing.
  • Like 2

Morning! Storms and bad internet much of yesterday. Today things seem to be a little better. Maybe summer won't be too rough because not so many people needing things--what with kids out for the summer. 

Writing and reading a lot lately. Fun MG book I'm enjoying right now: Wizards of Once. I've heard the audio is fantastic. It's by the same author of How To Train Your Dragon, so that kind of humor and all the quirky little hand drawings in the book. Fun stuff.

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!

Work and school. I have a Zoom staff meeting this morning, a very delicate phone call that I have to make but absolutely don’t want to and I have to go to the Afsa and pick up two prescriptions and I would much rather chew my arm off. This day is going to require maximum chocolate.

• Like 1

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I slept almost straight through from 12:30 until 9!  I'm so relieved to have gotten a good night's sleep.  Why is sleeping so hard?

I'm taking dd17 to the doctor today to get her last immunizations before college.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  I'm tired.  My allergies have been awful for the past week or so.   I'm still 95% sure it's allergies not anything else because I can usually feel the difference but it's still got me wiped out.  Partially because I'm taking more Benedryl than usual.  

Meeting up with dd again today to work out.   Doing this every single day is hard.   On the one hand I think we should pick a couple days to rest.  On the other hand, I have to go by the science center every day anyway and building a habit is good.  And once things open up again, we won't be able to do this anymore when work and school starts up.  Although she's the manager of a clothing store and I think they are pretty far down the list for opening.  

Dh should be home tomorrow, as long as things go okay at his mom's doctors appointment today.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

I had trouble logging in for a while today, but it works now.

@Slache I once saw something (maybe a Nike ad) that pointed out

Dead Last

Beats

Did Not Finish

Beats

Did Not Start.

That would make a good t-shirt. Not for me, though. Mine would be of the If You See Me Running, You'd Better Run, Too variety.

Well, in a marathon (I think, because I've run so many) there's essentially a 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, and 3,000 losers. So I thought of it as a funny way of bragging about running one. I looked for one to see if it was a thing, because Matt makes t-shirts and I wondered if their was money there, and I found this:

I got lost.

I have one that says "Slow runners make fast runners look good. You're welcome."

• Like 3

2 hours ago, whitehawk said:

I had trouble logging in for a while today, but it works now.

@Slache I once saw something (maybe a Nike ad) that pointed out

Dead Last

Beats

Did Not Finish

Beats

Did Not Start.

That would make a good t-shirt. Not for me, though. Mine would be of the If You See Me Running, You'd Better Run, Too variety.

Where does Dead Tired fall in this sequence?

I have never run a marathon and I have no plans to.  Maybe, maybe, maybe a 5K.  Maybe.  Someday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Where does Dead Tired fall in this sequence?

I have never run a marathon and I have no plans to.  Maybe, maybe, maybe a 5K.  Maybe.  Someday.

I don't actually think I'll ever be able to. It was a dream a few years ago, but my health has changed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think some people are having trouble logging in.  I'm in on my computer, but haven't been able to log back in on my phone yet.  

I have started or completed the following....

coffee
shower
set out meat
Laundry re-boot
dishwasher re-boot

Also older dd and I have decided to do US History at home next year instead of local class, so I'm looking for options on highschool US history texts.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I think some people are having trouble logging in.  I'm in on my computer, but haven't been able to log back in on my phone yet.  

Oh, that might explain it.  I keep the ITT open in a tab on my computer.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1

I made pretty good progress on this week's to-do list.  I'm going to call the week a success.

I've been working on genealogy while I have free access at home to our library's ancestry.com subscription.

I'm only a few weeks away from finishing my Duolingo Spanish tree.

And we survived another week of homeschool. 

• Thanks 2

I think Lynn and I have a thread all to ourselves...  At least we like each other.

Dh made dinner tonight -- baked potatoes, pan-seared steak, green beans, peaches.

The girls are taking turns in the shower.  Saturday night baths are still a thing here, even though we aren't physically going to church tomorrow morning.

We're having another movie night here tonight.  Grace (the American Girl movie) for the littles, Pirates of the Caribbean for the olders.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Junie said:

I think Lynn and I have a thread all to ourselves...  At least we like each other.

Dh made dinner tonight -- baked potatoes, pan-seared steak, green beans, peaches.

The girls are taking turns in the shower.  Saturday night baths are still a thing here, even though we aren't physically going to church tomorrow morning.

We're having another movie night here tonight.  Grace (the American Girl movie) for the littles, Pirates of the Caribbean for the olders.

Yes we do!  Yummy dinner!  Sounds like a fun night!  

Dh and I have been watching 2 Mules for Sister Sara and looking up information about the French trying to take over Mexico in the 1860s.  

• Like 2

Dd17 and I have been shopping for bedding (and other essentials) online.  I know that there will be more choices at the end of summer (plus sales!), but since she is leaving in a few weeks we are trying to shop now.  She is kind of picky (and admits it), so it isn't going as quickly as I would like.

We bought towels and some other things on Black Friday last year, so we aren't completely starting from scratch.

We got her a laptop as a high school graduation gift, so she has been having some fun playing around with that.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dd17 and I have been shopping for bedding (and other essentials) online.  I know that there will be more choices at the end of summer (plus sales!), but since she is leaving in a few weeks we are trying to shop now.  She is kind of picky (and admits it), so it isn't going as quickly as I would like.

We bought towels and some other things on Black Friday last year, so we aren't completely starting from scratch.

We got her a laptop as a high school graduation gift, so she has been having some fun playing around with that.  🙂

Dorm room shopping is so fun!  Ds has most of what he needs because of going to Governor's Scholars last summer.  I need to check the bed size and make sure we have the right sheets.  Some of the rooms have extra long double beds which really narrows the options.  We've talked about getting him a new laptop, but haven't done it yet.  I hope your dd finds something she likes!

• Like 1

She's having an especially hard time finding a comforter.  She has something specific in mind, but the only one we've found in that style was $$$.

I told her that she might want to do without a comforter until the end of summer when there should be more choices.  If we do that she can either go to a store there or get it shipped.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Junie said:

She's having an especially hard time finding a comforter.  She has something specific in mind, but the only one we've found in that style was $$$.

I told her that she might want to do without a comforter until the end of summer when there should be more choices.  If we do that she can either go to a store there or get it shipped.

Yes, that's a good idea - to wait until end of summer.  (Or would she have better luck finding a comforter cover in that style?)  

Coffee is brewing!  Junie and I are quarantined together!  (Shhhhh, she might be sleeping...)