Menu

Ignore this thread!

30 minutes ago, Slache said:

He is not helping. He's walking around in circles pretending to help. The other two are doing most of the work but he insists on being in every picture I take.

My family was just discussing the other day whether a person could get by on their looks alone.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Your assistant is adorable.  ❤️

True dat!,

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

My family was just discussing the other day whether a person could get by on their looks alone.  🤣

Yep. My youngest gets anything she wants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

He is not helping. He's walking around in circles pretending to help. The other two are doing most of the work but he insists on being in every picture I take.

But is he being quiet?  If he's being quiet he's supervising.  If he's noisy he's not.

• Like 1

I have been busy all day but can't remember what I did.  I went on a walk around the neighborhood with dh after dinner.  Also organized some stuff.

We found out today that all the kids' Scout camps have been cancelled.  I am trying to arrange another family camping trip but am not having much luck finding campgrounds that are taking reservations.   (I won't go camping without a reserved place.  Too much work to risk having to turn around and come back home.)

This morning while on the glider I watched the series final episode of W1A.  I puffy heart Will so much. I'm sad they didn't make more seasons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Apparently there's a ranch not too far from here that's bigger than Rhode Island.

So there.

Well, to be fair Rhode Island is pretty tiny.    This message is coming to you from the 4th smallest state, we're tiny but we're twice as big as Rhode Island.

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

What happens if I press that yellow help button?  I could use some help. 

That button sits right where the Quote button sits when you multi-quote.  

• Like 2

Dh's mom is doing better but he's staying a few days to make sure, and she has appointments for tests tomorrow and doctor visit Friday.   I'm already out of the food he precooked for us.  Now I have to actually figure out what to make AND actually cook it.  I know that doesn't seem like a big deal to you guys but it is to me.   I HATE cooking.    We haven't done any take-out at all yet.  We were waiting to see if it was truly safe first.  Now we're pretty comfortable with it but I'm not sure if I want to anyway.  Ds barely eats anything from restaurants anyway.   I may have to decide on a trip to the grocery store or a trip for take-out.   I guess I can do the grocery store once and get enough for the rest of the days he's gone.  Take-out would only work for one, maybe two days.

ETA:  An I HATE COOKING booya

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I hate cooking, too.

Dh likes to cook, but I don't think he would like it as much if he had to do it every day.  And if he had to buy the groceries.  And make the menu.  And figure out who will eat it.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Junie said:

Yep, I hate cooking, too.

Dh likes to cook, but I don't think he would like it as much if he had to do it every day.  And if he had to buy the groceries.  And make the menu.  And figure out who will eat it.

Dh normally does all that stuff.    I don't like any of it.   He does it 99% of the time and basically only doesn't if he isn't home (like now).   He likes to cook, or at least doesn't mind it.  He was single until we got married and he was 48 years old then so had spent a lot of time doing for himself.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I might like cooking if I only had to do it when I wanted to 🙂

Dh doesn't cook at all. He also doesn't clean or do yardwork or laundry or home repairs or...yeah. 

i only cook a real meal a couple of times a week. Partly because of the above--I've got too much on my shoulders. We eat a lot of sandwiches and frozen pizza and fresh fruit.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Junie said:

Dh cooks like the engineer/math teacher that he is.  He actually measures ingredients.  And follows the recipes.

That’s how I cook. My mom thinks I’m weird.

Actually I don’t hate cooking. I’m just really really tired of it all. Meal planning, shopping, cooking, cleaning up..... I’m bored of the same old things, but too tired to try anything new.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Junie said:

Dh cooks like the engineer/math teacher that he is.  He actually measures ingredients.  And follows the recipes.

My dh is a research chemist and he says cooking is just like chemistry, but he doesn't measure anything and he doesn't follow recipes.   He prints out recipes and then changes them however he thinks it will work. 

• Like 2

Morning, Happy Thursday.   I'm not meeting dd to work out today for the first time in like 2 weeks/10 days.   It's her boyfriends birthday.   Youngest dd will do TKD at the science center again this evening so I may do some yoga or something then.   In the meantime, it's a laundry, cleaning day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Junie said:

She needs to stay in Ohio to help with the newborn.

I will PM you her phone number and you can tell her that.

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Well, in my experience a month early is too early.

Or is it June already and I've been quarantined longer than I thought...

She showed a 6 week ultrasound at 3 weeks and has been talking about how the doctors shave been wanting to induce her a month early because she's "measuring big". He's not early.

• Like 3