Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Probably salmon for dinner, although we might have fajitas because it's Cinco de Mayo.

Oh thank you, thank you!  We were supposed to have falafel tacos tonight but we're out of falafel.  But we *do* have leftover salmon for salmon tacos!  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

She was so sweet until she was about 20. She was lazy, but generally pleasant to be around. We moved away, dark magic happened, and now she's just awful. When she wants something she doesn't move, she just screams (not yells, but screams) until it's brought to her. This is one of about 20 traits that are displayed multiple times an hour that I just can't stand.

Does she have a mental disability? I don't understand this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

She was so sweet until she was about 20. She was lazy, but generally pleasant to be around. We moved away, dark magic happened, and now she's just awful. When she wants something she doesn't move, she just screams (not yells, but screams) until it's brought to her. This is one of about 20 traits that are displayed multiple times an hour that I just can't stand.

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

If she did this to the ENB, she might be disabled afterwards.  🤣

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Nope. She just doesn't do anything she doesn't want to.

Just now, Spudater said:

Yikes...plus babies usually hate shoes...

I have socks that look like tennis shoes and cowboy boots. I love them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudater said:

Yes we got some little socks that look like balletslippers 🥰

For some reason my stepmom just loves buying teeny tiny shoes and I end up giving them away every time. It’s hard enough reconciling them to the stretchy moccasins when they get old enough to walk, let alone putting hard shoes on a newborn. But I’ve always been in awe of people that can get a one month old dressed up like a Kardashian without the baby cursing them out in elvish, entish, and the tongues of men. I couldn’t even get my girls to wear bows. 

I think it's personality. John is very lazy so I could put him in anything and he'd be like "Whatever, I'm not moving," Mary was very clearly proud of being dressed up (clue number one), and Alex was... different.

• Like 2

Ok, I finished the baby shower video. I think she said thank you 3 times with 50 minutes of gift opening and complained about 1/3 of the gifts. I don't know why she wanted me to watch that. I will stop complaining now.

We got them a video monitor with the SIDS pad. If you are unfamiliar it's a pad that goes under the mattress and an alarm will sound if the baby stops breathing for 20 seconds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Vent!

SIL, who is stressed about not being able to afford everything for her baby, just bought $45 shoes for an infant. 🤦 She's also angry with us because we did not buy her gifts for all 3 baby showers as well as something special. She never got us a single thing for our kids. There is so much drama there right now and we are just very not there.

Well bless her heart.

Are infants even supposed to wear shoes? I read that children aren’t supposed to wear real shoes until they start to walk. My kids never had shoes when they were babies. Although DD had those adorable socks that looked like Mary Jane shoes.

• Like 3

Afternoon. Nothing exciting happening here. It's quiet, raining one minute, sunshining the next. Typical spring weather. My boys are outside working on their garden. I've been reading and am about to put some stuff together to send back to other writers today. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well bless her heart.

Are infants even supposed to wear shoes? I read that children aren’t supposed to wear real shoes until they start to walk. My kids never had shoes when they were babies. Although DD had those adorable socks that looked like Mary Jane shoes.

No idea. I kept loose shoes on non walkers if we were dressing up for church, but kids learning to walk were barefoot because I didn't want to make it harder.

13 minutes ago, Spudater said:

That’s a really nice gift. 

Thank you. It really gave us piece of mind when we didn't want to risk waking them. Remember when they went from sleeping 3 hours to suddenly sleeping 7 and you panicked, but didn't want to ruin it? It was great for that. And there's a video and the audio goes both ways so when they're like "BAH!" you can be like "BAH!" and do that back and forth for 20 minutes without getting out of bed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

No idea. I kept loose shoes on non walkers if we were dressing up for church, but kids learning to walk were barefoot because I didn't want to make it harder.

Thank you. It really gave us piece of mind when we didn't want to risk waking them. Remember when they went from sleeping 3 hours to suddenly sleeping 7 and you panicked, but didn't want to ruin it? It was great for that. And there's a video and the audio goes both ways so when they're like "BAH!" you can be like "BAH!" and do that back and forth for 20 minutes without getting out of bed.

My kids always went barefoot in the house (socks in winter) when they were learning to walk. They still always go barefoot or wear socks in the house.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Do you guys have people that are just like death by a thousand paper cuts?  Like they’re not bad people at all, and they never say anything rude enough to call them on it, but they just have no tact so you always walk away from them feeling like crap and wishing you didn’t have to see them again. 

You need to read The Berenstain Bears Love Their Neighbors.

Kidding.

Yes, I have those people.

Just now, maize said:

Random factoid of the day:

If I counted correctly, I have 29 nephews. 

Now I need to count up nieces. I have to name them all in my head occasionally just to make sure I remember all the names.

I have 8/9ths a nephew.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well bless her heart.

My babies never wear shoes. Socks occasionally, but not often.

My just turned three year old still rarely wears shoes--maybe twice a month or so?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maize said:

Only 23 nieces. Also, their names are harder to remember. Fewer repeats--there are five Johns or Jonathans among the nephews.

I don't know my kid's names. If I yell hey or sweetie they know who I'm talking to because I supposedly say it differently for each one. Having nieces and nephews is just not going to work out for me.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Do you guys have people that are just like death by a thousand paper cuts?  Like they’re not bad people at all, and they never say anything rude enough to call them on it, but they just have no tact so you always walk away from them feeling like crap and wishing you didn’t have to see them again. 

Yes, absolutely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't know my kid's names. If I yell hey or sweetie they know who I'm talking to because I supposedly say it differently for each one. Having nieces and nephews is just not going to work out for me.

I call my kids by their siblings' names all the time. I tell them if I'm looking at them that's who I'm talking to, regardless of what name comes out of my mouth.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, maize said:

Only 23 nieces. Also, their names are harder to remember. Fewer repeats--there are five Johns or Jonathans among the nephews.

Is that your side of the family, or you and dh's sides?

I have a niece and a nephew on my side.  9 nieces/nephews & 10 grandniece/nephews on dh's side.  

• Like 1

Matt got 3 inspections in Midland. I hate when he gets them that far because the company always argues the remote fee. "It's in the same state!" "It's a day's drive and requires a hotel." "How can that be, it's in the same state?" "It's a big state."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have one brother who had no kids so no nieces or nephews there.   Oldest dd has no first cousins except ones she gained when I married dh since her dad also has only one brother who never had any kids (or married).   Dh's nieces and nephews are all closer to my age than dd's age and she barely knows them so doesn't really count them as cousins.   I do have four first cousins that are closer to dd's age than mine so they are like first cousins even though they aren't.   

I think dh has 9 nieces and nephews and another 10 or so great nieces and nephews and 2 great-great-nieces/nephews (one of each, recent additions).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Is that your side of the family, or you and dh's sides?

I have a niece and a nephew on my side.  9 nieces/nephews & 10 grandniece/nephews on dh's side.  

Both sides of the family, approximately 2/3rds are on dh's side--one of his sisters has twelve kids, so far none of my siblings has more than four.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I like baby shoes, but only because I LIKE them, not because I feel they need them.  I don't remember how much they actually WORE shoes, but I'm thinking only when we left the house.  Ds35 had the cutest little Nikes and Docksiders  (I guess Sperry's now are the closest to those if you don't know what those are) when he was like 3 months old and up!   Then ds33 came along with his wide EEE feet and got Stride Rites.   And of course, DD had to have a perfect pair of shoes for each outfit!  I don't remember what ds13 had.  Oh wait!  He hated shoes!  We always got places and he had none on.  I mean until he was pretty old!  When he did wear any, it was slides or flip flops.  Slides with socks in the snow.  I think we managed to get one pair of boots on him and when he finally decided he would wear tennis shoes, it had to be the ones with no laces and the tongue didn't move.

Remind me to send you pictures of Isaac in the red tennis shoes. They're like 0-3 months I think. Don't stay on, totally useless, but they're red tennis shoes so we put them on all the boys.

Baby shoe booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

I have nine siblings and dh has eight so there are lots of opportunities for nieces and nephews.

I know the ones on his side better than those on my side since many live in the same state as us. None of my siblings live anywhere close.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Spudater said:

No nay never no moooooore, willl I play the wild rooover...sorry, what were we doing?

Like 10 years ago Matt and I planned to move to Texas. His dad had a bunch of strokes and he wanted to move closer to them but the closer we got to moving the more we were reminded of why we moved away. Eventually I talked him back into Texas (still have not been forgiven by MIL/SIL) and every time there was drama Matt would sing Deep In The Heart of Texas. Eventually ITT would clap when I complained about MIL.

Are you Irish?

• Like 3

I’m here. Had dinner on the patio. DS entertained us all by chasing the cats around the yard with his remote control car. Lily was a total scaredy cat, Misty looked intrigued, got ready to pounce and then ran away, and Cleo just jumped up on the bbq. Then I finished reading a book. I wasn’t impressed with most of the book (it was on Christian living, I picked it up because I thought it was an easy read and need to catch up with my Reading Challenge), but toward the end was a page I liked so much I made a copy of it and pasted it in my journal. So... go figure. Sometimes you can find good stuff amidst much that is mediocre and cliche’.

• Like 3

Good morning!

It's Wednesday?  Have to do regular grocery shopping this morning.  I have almost enough vegetarian dinners to last through the next week and a half until dd21 is gone for the duration.  Assuming her summer job is still on schedule.  Lots of organization to do today.  And tomorrow and the next day.  The kids have a zoom recital scheduled for Saturday.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Day!!!

Work and school. Piano tuner is coming today. We are waaaaay over due for a tuning. I like it when he comes. It’s so interesting. That’s all that’s going on. Weather is heating up. Supposed to be 100 degrees by Mother’s Day.

• Like 2

Good Morning.   It's Wednesday so I guess it's too late to set up school for the kids for this week?  I guess I'll just make sure next week makes up for it.  

Haven't heard from Dh yet today about his mom.   I sent him a text but don't want to call in case he's having to deal with a situation.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Piano tuner is coming today. We are waaaaay over due for a tuning. I like it when he comes. It’s so interesting.

Dh took a piano tuning class in college and still has his tool set.  It IS interesting.  He sometimes does an emergency tuning at the church before livestream recordings.

Just now, Junie said:

Llama, llama, so much drama.

Please be quiet for your mama.

Listen to Junie!  Has the wiseness!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Nesting?  It's too early for nesting!

We unpacked quickly, not well, because I was going to reorganize everything before the baby comes. Matt's been complaining that I haven't organized the kitchen yet so I thought I'd organize the kids' rooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Slache said:

We unpacked quickly, not well, because I was going to reorganize everything before the baby comes. Matt's been complaining that I haven't organized the kitchen yet so I thought I'd organize the kids' rooms.

Your assistant is adorable.  ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Another Lynn said:

Your assistant is adorable.  ❤️

He is not helping. He's walking around in circles pretending to help. The other two are doing most of the work but he insists on being in every picture I take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Talked to dh, MIL is doing well.  They upped her medication (diuretic I think) and he elevated the head of her bed to sleep.  She slept well and woke up feeling better.  Has a telecall with doctor today.    Dh is staying down there at least another day to make sure she's doing okay.  I don't know if they are still discussing her coming here with him to visit or not.   

• Like 6