Menu

Ignore this thread!

It’s gloomy here today.  I just looked at the weather reports and it is supposed to rain all afternoon.  I need to get some work done today, so I guess it’s no big deal, and it is the push I need to actually do the work, but blah and bah humbug.

• Like 3

Hey, I Got on!! I can’t believe it. I couldn’t log in all yesterday!, yay!

Good Morning!,!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Happy Mother’s Day!,!

This is my least favorite holiday. I could honestly do without it.

We have tv church today and then we are going to my aunt’s house per tradition.

• Like 5

Oh, and my nephew was born yesterday. According to MIL/SIL he has Sepsis and pneumonia and is in the NICU, according to BIL and his mom he needed a little oxygen but is fine and going home today. That was yesterday's drama. We'll see what today brings.

May I present to you Lincoln Daniel (Link) weighing in at 6 pounds 8 ounces:

FB_IMG.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Spudater said:

39 weeks 2 days. Trying to convince Baby it would be a wonderful Mother’s Day present to come today. 

Come on baby!  Make Potato Mama happy!  Plus it's my Dad's birthday, so I heartily approve!  Do you have steps you can go up and down (sideways)?  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Hey, I Got on!! I can’t believe it. I couldn’t log in all yesterday!, yay!

Good Morning!,!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Happy Mother’s Day!,!

This is my least favorite holiday. I could honestly do without it.

We have tv church today and then we are going to my aunt’s house per tradition.

Totally agree!  I am bah-hum-bug for all holidays!  They are all emotional manipulation of which I completely disapprove.  

ETA: It's a Bah-Hum-Bug Booyah!  Definitely believe in celebrating Booyah!  🤣

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 3

Our old apartment that sucked has my phone number, email and address. I called twice after we moved inquiring about a bill or refund for after we moved out and they never called back. Yesterday they reported a collections account to our credit taking it down 23 points. I'm going to call the credit people and ask to have it removed. What do I say?

• Sad 2

I sat out on the front steps in the sunshine for like 20 minutes and saw three different kinds of ants, 3 kinds of pollinators on the fluffy clover, one bitsy spider, the chipmunk who lives in the garden bed and was DEEPLY, loudly horrified by my presence, and a brown rabbit scared out of the neighbor's yard by the other neighbor's cat--so scared it ran within arm's reach of me. I heard a few kinds of birds, but saw only one.

And that's the wildlife report for today!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm googling around. It looks like in that 16% complication rate it's usually GERD, so that's good. Routine problem with a routine surgery. I think he's in the best children's hospital in the country.

Probably the end of Link info for the day. All the excitement is kind of over.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had a really nice day.  :)

Dh made lunch (pasta with crab alfredo sauce) and dinner (General Tso's chicken).

Went to church online.  The two littlest joined me for Spanish church; I translated as much of it as I could for them.  I think it's about time to start formally teaching them Spanish.

Dh and I took a walk around the yard while the little girls played.  The weather was perfect.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Slache said:

Our old apartment that sucked has my phone number, email and address. I called twice after we moved inquiring about a bill or refund for after we moved out and they never called back. Yesterday they reported a collections account to our credit taking it down 23 points. I'm going to call the credit people and ask to have it removed. What do I say?

They have to be able to prove you owe it and that they notified you. It will probably take at least a month for them to remove it.

• Like 3

I took a deep breath and made all the cancellations for our Great Western Road Trip.  4 campgrounds and 4 hotels.  Dh handled the U-haul rental.  Imma be sad for a few more days, but it'll be OK.  There are worse things.  We managed to find a campsite for 4 days next week at a local state park.  It's not amazing like Sedona and the Grand Canyon and Tumbleweeds and the Desert, but a really nice place with waterfalls.

Anyone need a week-long Red Rock Pass?  I can mail it to you - starts the 17th.  Several of the trails are still open.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Good Morning!  Coffee is brewing.  Cat has been saved from utter starvation, lol.  

(((Susan)))  I'm sorry!

Orthodontist appt today - doesn't that seem strange to go do something "normal" ?  Well, semi-normal - we both have to wear masks, get our temps taken at the door, answer questions about health and contact with sick people, etc.  

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

Just as I had decided to go to bed last night (at 1:15), ds19 called to wish me a happy mother's day! :)  He had just gotten off work, so that's why it was so late when he called.  Then we talked for two hours...

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Day!

School & Work!! Phone calls to make. Svengo.

A couple of trains rolled through last night. Woke me up, but DH has been wearing ear plugs so it doesn’t seem to wake him up. So, we get to sleep with the windows open. It is so delightfully cool at night. And I heard a couple of owls pass by talking to each other, so that was fun.

• Like 3

Morning.  It's Monday, right?  

Our furnace stopped working.  Could be a thermostat problem rather than a furnace problem but still stinks right now.   It's been down in the 30's at night so we're making due with space heaters until the weather remembers it's May.    

I set up the kids school yesterday, Yeah Me!  I only set up the basics, I have a few things I'm working on adding - Geography, Literature study (they both do Lit programs but I want to do a novel study together), writing.   We've always done school year round so this year won't be any different.  In fact, we may do MORE summer school since we are so limited on what else we can do.  I am looking at taking one day a week to hike or something outdoors together.  

I'm meeting up with dd this afternoon as usual. 

• Like 3

Yay! I'm alive. Yesterday was wild. It was the first day of the writing camp, and I had to do all my cabin things on top of Mother's day stuff out of the house. We went to MIL's and did our social distant visit. Good thing it was a nice day. Outside the whole time, grilling, people taking turns getting their food so we wouldn't be too close together. Interesting to say the least.

Today I think the boys are going to go boating later. I will probably take them to the put in, and then have to come get them later. I don't know that I'll go and sit the whole time. Too much to do at the house today!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Praying for Link.

Home from orthodontist.  I'm exhausted.  I'm blaming the stupid mask.  

Dd's face time violin lesson in less than an hour.  I won't be worth shooting after that.  But at least I don't have to wear a mask.  

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yes. It lowers your oxygen levels.

Yes!  and a headache too.  

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Spudater said:

It’s not supposed to be enough to hurt you ifyou’re healthy, but I definitely have to deliberately breathe deeply while wearing one otherwise I feel like I’m having a panic attack. I feel bad forpeople whohave to wear them all day. 

Higher quality masks are easier to breath in.

• Like 1

The girls had their zoom recital on Saturday, so they are off lessons until fall unless we do some summer zoom lessons.  Zoom orchestra is also thankfully done with. I'm not sure what is going on with zoom cello.  I need to mail cello teacher a check once I find out.

Laundry is done.  Prolly should go get it out of the dryer.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spudater said:

Time for quarantweaking online recipes again. What do you think of boiling 3 russet potatoes, one carrot, one celery stalk in 4c chicken stock and pureeing, then adding dried onion, salt, pepper, a can of evaporated milk, and a packaged of diced, cooked bacon?

Why don't you try it and then I'll taste it for you?  😜

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Don't shoot! I'm gonna EdPo, but only because I trust you guys and I'm sure most of you have already read these since you have children older than Oldest:

What's a good Civil War historical fiction book that isn't too bloody, graphic, or mature in content? I don't want to traumatize Oldest or give him nightmares.

The Perilous Road, Shades of Gray, Turn Homeward Hannalee, ...or something else?

I already vetoed Across Five April's, Rifles for Watie, and Homer P. Figg. 

40 Acres and maybe a mule?  That's Reconstruction.  Have you looked at The River Between Us?  It seems to me that one of my kids read that one.  Have you looked at the American Girl books or Dear America series?  

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I read a story about some people whose boat sank and they needed to be rescued. They said a cow fell from the sky and sank it but no one believed them. I wonder why.

Later some cattle thieves were caught. They put their cows on a plane but one went nuts so they dumped it out of their cargo hold.

I already can't tell when people are lying, I don't need these things added to the mix.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1