Menu

Ignore this thread!

We did the fire pit and tried roasting refrigerated cookie dough squares like marshmallows.  Didn't work because as soon as the dough got warm it would fall off the sticks.  So then we took crescent roll dough and wrapped the cookie dough square in it.  If you wrapped it and got it on the stick just right it worked pretty well.

I brought out the ukulele and played some songs and dh played his mountain ocarina along which was nice because by then all the kids had scattered and I can't really play and sing at the same time.

Hobby Lobby was open and dd13 was super excited to find a 10lb box of clay for $10.  Dh got me a couple of sketchbooks.  I don't really sketch, but I have ambitions in that direction. Slache's kids have inspired me! 🥰

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Very cute, Toto!!

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Nice work, Toto!  Looks great!

(And svengo I am So Jealous of her eyebrows!)

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Toto, she's so pretty!  (And great job on her hair!)

Thank you!  I went into it with the idea that it's only hair and it will grow back.   It came out so cute that I'm tempted to do mine.   But I've been working on growing mine long so I don't know.  Mine is hitting my waist so it would be a HUGE difference.   But my hair is just like hers so will likely look exactly the same, except I have bangs which are getting on the long side so I could decide to grow them out.   Main thing stopping me, besides that I've been growing it long for so long, is that I need to wear my hair back for classes so I'd have to do headbands or something since it's not long enough for a ponytail. 

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

Dh is going to be working on cleaning out the garage today.  And taking several trips to the dump.

We got to see real people last night!  Our youth pastor and his wife came to visit for a few minutes.  They delivered a bag of treats to the porch, rang the doorbell, and then socially distanced on the sidewalk.

• Like 5

Morning.  It's actually a gorgeous day today.   Dd and I are meeting up again and will probably walk to the track and back again today.    I LOVE these times with her.  She's an adult who lives somewhere else so we don't spend a lot of time together anymore under normal circumstances when everyone is busy.   We try to do lunch or dinner once a month but it depends on what's going on.   We do talk on text and I definitely get calls when things are bothering her but this time to just chat is great.  

My mother wants me to come cut her hair now that I did dd's.  🙄  Her hair is the typical short layered old lady cut but she also has super thick hair like dd and I.   I can't do the method I did with dd which is ponytail and cut across.   So I"m not sure how that's going to work. 

I think I"m going to cut mine.  Not as short as dd, maybe shoulder length. 

• Like 3

I have fooded, made the bed, washed the hair, but am still jammied. Although Texas is open, it's only the second day, and I suspect crowds. Mr. Ellie and I might venture out on Monday. In the meantime, I might stay jammied. IDK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

We're back.  I haven't taken off my black dress shoes yet.  Confession was based on Titus 3:1-3 and was something I unfortunately needed.  Such is the way of confession, I guess.  And assurance of pardon was from Titus 3:4-7, which was equally needed.  

We stopped by Walgreens on the way home for a prescription and ice cream - both medically necessary! 😀  Had a bit of lunch and we'll leave in an hour for our hike with hopes that we can find a parking space at the trailhead.

Dh is putting up wall hangers for the ukulele and banjolele.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Servie, I'd say go for it, but take precautions as per the usual advice from Teresa.

Excellent advice, as usual, from Susan and Teresa.  It’s best to not swim in the sea.

booya/h!!!

Edited by KrissiK
It’s a Booya/h
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Just started it and maybe no one will care to comment or maybe it'll take off. Guess we'll see. My hope is to give others (not just myself) a place to look for book comparisons. These are popular titles, but I just don't have time to read and compare them all. Yet, I do want to know if there's anything in them that I should be made aware of beforehand, KWIM?

I looked at your thread, even against Teresa's warning to not swim in the sea.  I never listen to her. 😉  

I have not read either of the books that you asked about.  Have you looked at the reviews on goodreads?  I took a quick glance at both books (and at their cost on ebay) and I know which one I would choose.

And, I'm going to leave you with a cliffhanger because it is 5:00 and I have to go make dinner. :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

I started the thread before I saw the warning. Lol. I stuck my tongue out at you for the cliffhanger but I did already make a choice on that set. Oregon Bound it is. I just posted some others up for consideration. I've looked at Goodreads, Amazon, and even Common Sense Media for reviews on many of these but I'm tired of sifting through them. A couple of books I thought would be great turned out to have stuff in them I didn't like but I had to really dig to find out because it wasn't disclosed anywhere in the description, just way down in the review trenches.

Sorry for the cliffhanger.

Bound for Oregon seems to me to be the better choice.  It is based on a true story and much cheaper on ebay.  

I always forget to look at Common Sense media.  

I pre-read almost everything and I have pen in hand to mark through inappropriate words/objectionable content.

• Like 1

Dd17 was officially hired to work on campus this summer, so she will be moving in June rather than in August.

Which means that we need to do a lot of scrambling to make sure she has everything that she needs.  :willynilly:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Sweet Caroline.... ba, ba, baaaaa!!

Just cleanin’ house. Listening to good music. Little bit of Kansas, Journey, ELO. Styx, .38 Special.....

Wait - let me grab my ukulele!  😄

5 hours ago, Spudater said:

No baby yet. Less nauseous than yesterday, though, so thankful for that. 

I was thinking about you in church this morning.  Glad you are feeling a little better.

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Dd17 was officially hired to work on campus this summer, so she will be moving in June rather than in August.

Which means that we need to do a lot of scrambling to make sure she has everything that she needs.  :willynilly:

Yay and Yowzers!  Too soon!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay and Yowzers!  Too soon!!

She had been contemplating working on campus, but then when she became unable to work due to COVID it became her first choice.  Income vs. no income, ya know?

She will be earning about the same amount per hour, 40 hours a week instead of 20, and free room and board.  So it's really a big win for her college fund.

Also, her brother is there.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Turned out to be about a 6 mile hike.  It's a great trail, but I'm pooped.  I forgot to bring a snack and we didn't have quite enough water, but we all survived and dd11 didn't throw up.  Dh helped me make dinner - pancake, sausage, and egg sandwiches or some combination of pancakes, sausages, and eggs all on a plate together.  We're planning to watch another John Wayne movie tonight.  Maybe Red River.  There will be ice cream.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Turned out to be about a 6 mile hike.  It's a great trail, but I'm pooped.  I forgot to bring a snack and we didn't have quite enough water, but we all survived and dd11 didn't throw up.  Dh helped me make dinner - pancake, sausage, and egg sandwiches or some combination of pancakes, sausages, and eggs all on a plate together.  We're planning to watch another John Wayne movie tonight.  Maybe Red River.  There will be ice cream.

Awwww, thanks for the invite.  I'm on my way!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maize said:

It's been a stressful day over here, not a good mental health day for dh and that bleeds over to affect everyone's day.

Please pray that we can have a peaceful Sunday tomorrow.

Praying that you all sleep well tonight and have a good day tomorrow.

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Lord's Day!

I've been awake for an hour.  Waking up so early (especially on a Sunday) is rare for me.

I listened to a Bible study in Spanish.  (I only understood bits and pieces because the teacher is a native speaker and I am not auditory.  I do much better with videos so that I can watch the speaker.)  Also, it's early.

Time for breakfast.  I'm hungry.

• Like 4

Good morning!

Praying for you all, Maize.

We have church on screen at 10, and nothing else planned.  Need to get some garage space cleared and organized so we can get out gear bins. I need to look up quotes for a few more gift books so I can get them inscribed and ready to give.  Hopefully before the trip so people can have new reading material.  

My muscles were very tired last night after the hike, but I'm not sore this morning, so that's a relief.  Dh said he had to get up in the middle of the night with a leg cramp and went looking for pickle juice. 😁

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!! It is indeed Sunday!,!

Spring has the best sleeping weather. We risked the train and slept with the windows open last night. It was deliciously cool and I woke up to a duet between a mocking bird and a mourning dove. Can’t beat that.

TV Church this morning. That’s getting really old. We have also been having our Sunday School class on Zoom. That’s about it for the day.

• Like 2

Morning.  Only plan is to meet up with dd as usual.  I'm really really tempted to bail though.  Dog was a pita last night.  Barking at something at midnight, up at 5am, up again at 6:30.   I didn't get much sleep.   Didn't want to let him out at midnight because it's likely bears are back. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

It's a beautiful day here, but supposed to rain this afternoon.  

I rolled forward our weekly dry-erase calendar including who is cooking which night.  There is something so satisfying about that, even if it is mostly blank.  

That's a good reminder - I need to do that also.  Although the only thing that I need to change is the days of the month.  I might try adding some random holidays just for fun.  Like National Banana Phone Day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

That's a good reminder - I need to do that also.  Although the only thing that I need to change is the days of the month.  I might try adding some random holidays just for fun.  Like National Banana Phone Day.

Yes - and there are a couple "natural" holidays coming up!  May the Fourth (be with you)!  And Cinco de Mayo on Taco Tuesday!  (Celebrate with some Corona, for those who like, lol!)

• Like 1

Someone gave DS the Sandra Boynton wall calendar for this year, so we always know what made-up holiday it is. 📅🦛 <- That's a hippo. They feature prominently on the May page.

Church was simple and lovely.

I'm having a really bad day with coughing. I can't believe I'm not over this nonsense yet. It's like medicine has been rolled back a millennium and the cure is Go To Bed For a Couple of Months and... We'll See How It Goes? Better than leeches, I guess. 🙃

My DH is awesome, have I mentioned that lately?

• Like 5