Menu

What's with the ads?

22 minutes ago, Junie said:

Is driving Matt's main job or is it a side gig?

He drives 5 days a week and does inspections 1 day a week.

Bad booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 6

He's back and it's quiet time and they missed quiet time yesterday so he's going on his own to see what he can get for Barbravan and to see what they have. I'm afraid our credit is bad from the debt consolidation. I want ice cream.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

And she'll be disqualified from Uber/Lyft in January. I did not realize that until today.

Because?     I'm asking because you will need any replacement to qualify, right? 

• Like 2

(((Slache))) There is an answer that is perfect for you, and God will show you. I'm praying for you, as well as giving somewhat useless reassurance.

We did co op today, and Squishy decided to poop on the potty all by himself, so I'm counting today as a win. By other metrics it totally wasn't, but I'm not going to count those. Like Scarlett O'Hara, I'll think of all that tomorrow. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Because?     I'm asking because you will need any replacement to qualify, right? 

Too old. Looking at Altimas.

• Like 4

Ok. I was told to keep quiet but apparently no one else could. SIL is pregnant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Ok. Due to gas mileage we're looking at a new Corolla. It would be less monthly and last longer.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It's ok.  Everyone ignores this thread. 

Cat's out of the bag now anyway.

• Haha 4

Hugs and prayers to you, Slache. It is always like the worst time when you have to replace a car. Corolla’s are really nice reliable cars. I love looking at cars. 

I made bean and cheese soft tacos for dinner. The blueberry cobbler thing was utterly tasteless. The lemon flavor I added was the only thing we could taste. Buried under Cool Whip, 2 of us ate it. Even Captain didn’t like it.

Scotsman needs some prayers, please, if anyone could spare one. He’s stressing a bit too much over this project.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Slache said:

Mine is whether my head hits the ceiling or knees hit the glove box. I will not sit in a car where my knees push against the glove box. A fender bender could leave me permanently crippled.

Ours just has to fit inside our 1950s garage without hitting the walls or the overhead door lift.  we've got about a 2 Inch clearance with the van right now. 

Assuming the garage is clean enough to put the van into. It hasn't been since August of 2018.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Approved. It will be less per month after gas. 2019 Corolla. I have never had a new car. It was never a good decision before. I feel weird.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Doing all the things is rough on the feet.  Who wants to go get more chocolate chips for me?

And Dh says he could use someone to visit the garage freezer for him, while you're at it.  Apple spice bread.  Middle shelf. Needs thawing for tomorrow's breakfast.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Ok. Due to gas mileage we're looking at a new Corolla. It would be less monthly and last longer.

That's what ds33 just got.

• Like 5

I am home from doing all the things.  Although I didn't do one thing.  I will have to make a return to children's place tomorrow.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Approved. It will be less per month after gas. 2019 Corolla. I have never had a new car. It was never a good decision before. I feel weird.

Yay!!!!  Congratulations!  I feel like we should throw you a shower!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

In the Philippines. 

😂

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It's ok.  Everyone ignores this thread. 

😂😂

Jean is on a roll!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

We have a Corolla. Can’t go wrong with a Toyota. My Sienna is 15 years old and still going strong.

• Like 5

Went for a walk with DH. It’s hot outside. Supposed to be 100 degrees tomorrow and then drop 30 degrees by the weekend.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

OK. So, apparently Barbravan was in an accident shortly before  we got her and after the 150,000 miles we put on her she was totaled. We were given the same information from 2 sources. So we were $4,500 in the negative and the only way to recoup that was by paying too much for a used car and being in the same boat in 3 years, or getting a new one and forfeiting the rebates. I think we did well with low payments, great gas mileage and free maintenance/oil for 85,000 miles. 

42 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay, Slache & Co.!!  What's it's name?

Adam. He's white with dark grey interior. He has all sorts of cool safety features.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

The dojo owner asked dd16 if she would like a job; details still to be worked out, but I think it would be teaching two evenings a week.

This is her dream job, she is over the moon.

Maybe she can pay her own tournament fees going forward 😄

Edited by maize
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 6

If a person admitted on record to the police of doing Very Bad Things and then their lawyer got the trial delayed because they claim their miranda rights were not properly given by the police, so disqualifying all statements and evidence gathered, how likely is it that the accused person will not be convicted?  Does this happen in real life, or just on TV?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

Adam. He's white with dark grey interior. He has all sorts of cool safety features.

Adam of the Road.  I like it!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Adam of the Road.  I like it!

Adam Carolla. :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Yay!!!!  Congratulations!  I feel like we should throw you a shower!

Gas cards and air freshener hangie things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I would like to thank all of the little people that made this possible.

Screenshot_20190924-234341.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

If a person admitted on record to the police of doing Very Bad Things and then their lawyer got the trial delayed because they claim their miranda rights were not properly given by the police, so disqualifying all statements and evidence gathered, how likely is it that the accused person will not be convicted?  Does this happen in real life, or just on TV?

Is there any evidence to disprove his claim regarding his miranda rights?  I'm pretty sure miranda rights are king.  If they really didn't give them properly then all statements and evidence gathered as a result of the statement never happened.   

• Like 5

"Get up."
"The ground is lava."

He's tired. I think we were up past midnight. I can't believe we have a new car. I am anti-new car. I feel that they are frivolous for people in our situation. Hopefully we get a lot of years out of this boy. We don't have a car payment for 45 days which is cool.

SIL is due June 6th.

• Like 7

Morning!  It's humph day.   The past few days have been crazy with my brother here but things should be back to normal for the rest of this week.   

Dh is going to visit his mom this weekend so I should be able to get lots of stuff done.   I have to rearrange things at the science center again.  I bought too many new things for classes this year and need to find places to put them. 

• Like 7

I've been doing some training walks with dd getting ready for my virtual 5k.   Did a mile and a half yesterday after teaching all day and boy did my feet hurt this morning!   They've been hurting lately.  Not a ton when my PF is acting up but definitely more than usual and I was wondering if I needed new sneakers again.   But I just bought these in March.  They are Brooks and $$$.  I might just need to try some slip in cushions or something. 

• Like 6

I think if I did it on a day where I wasn't already on my feet all day at classes, I could just do the walk in one shot.  But I like the idea of getting into the habit of walking most days.  I'm on my feet all day but I don't get my heart rate up at all and I tend to just walk in a small area most of the time.  

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I've been doing some training walks with dd getting ready for my virtual 5k.   Did a mile and a half yesterday after teaching all day and boy did my feet hurt this morning!   They've been hurting lately.  Not a ton when my PF is acting up but definitely more than usual and I was wondering if I needed new sneakers again.   But I just bought these in March.  They are Brooks and $$$.  I might just need to try some slip in cushions or something. 

March was 6 months ago.  I think I read somewhere (probably an ad for running shoes, lol), that they can need replacing in 6 months if you wear them a lot.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Is there any evidence to disprove his claim regarding his miranda rights?  I'm pretty sure miranda rights are king.  If they really didn't give them properly then all statements and evidence gathered as a result of the statement never happened.   

I don't know about the evidence - I'm just going by a news report.  He's still in jail with a $6 mil. bail, but if he gets out, we will consider implementing some Serious Security Measures.

• Sad 5

12 hours ago, Slache said:

You'll love having something reliable. 

• Like 7