Menu

What's with the ads?

10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I want a dog. I love my cats, but I want a dog. But I don’t think the cats would stand for a dog. They are quite set in their ways.

I used to have a cat that I trained to walk on a leash. I was used to dogs and didn't know any better. You should have seen the looks I got when I took him to the vet. On a leash instead of a cage...

And it's a 猫, ネコ, gato, BOOYA!

Edited by Renai
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I did my yoga. I’m Trying to do it at least 3x/week. I’m doing “Yoga for the Inflexible” a video on Amazon Prime. I’ve been trying out a lot of yoga videos, but I do like this one. It is extremely beginnerish, which is what I need.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I did my yoga. I’m Trying to do it at least 3x/week. I’m doing “Yoga for the Inflexible” a video on Amazon Prime. I’ve been trying out a lot of yoga videos, but I do like this one. It is extremely beginnerish, which is what I need.

Sounds like something I need to look up...

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I was up half the night due to wind and weather-related pain.  😞  I slept 'til after 9.  I'll be ok.

This is our last week of ASL.  We are using Bill Vicars' Youtube channel and we are on Week 60.  Yay!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Renai said:

Sounds like something I need to look up...

It’s a good one and it’s “free” (if you have Prime😂).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I used to have a cat that I trained to walk on a leash. I was used to dogs and didn't know any better. You should have seen the looks I got when I took him to the vet. On a leash instead of a cage...

And it's a 猫, ネコ, gato, BOOYA!

That is one compliant cat.😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Did I tell you about the PBS yoga show I tried doing years ago?  It was so hard!  And a few weeks went by before I realized it was a "yoga for the elderly" program!  :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Kids are eating lunch.  (Tortilla chips with refried beans & toppings and cream cheese-stuffed dates left over from yesterday.)  All the laundry is put away, my winter clothes bin is ready to go downstairs, the chair and underneath are cleaned and dusted, and I found a big box to store end-of-school-year books as they come in the mail.  I have a couple minor tidying projects next and then maybe 10 more minutes of glider before story time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Notre Dame Cathedral is on fire. I'm trying not to cry.

I saw that.  It does not look like there will be a good outcome.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

No, it looks really bad.

They are saying they may not be able to save it. 😞 

• Like 1

Classes were really fun today.  The kids really had a great time processing the crime scene in forensics.  In Biology we made a muddy mess (and Winogradsky Columns).   Still have 4-H starting at 7pm.  I decided to do a boat building challenge tonight.  

• Like 7

Okay, I just read some of Notre-Dame has been saved...either way, devastating 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I just read the last 2 pages only and feel all caught up 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

Classes were really fun today.  The kids really had a great time processing the crime scene in forensics.  In Biology we made a muddy mess (and Winogradsky Columns).   Still have 4-H starting at 7pm.  I decided to do a boat building challenge tonight.  

You are awesome!

(also, I misread Winogtadsky as Wayne Gretzky.)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got to rehearsal location very early so I walked a mile around the walking track. Now I have a half hour to hang out here. 

I changed pillows last night and the new one was too puffy. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Priests say all precious artifacts and artwork have been saved.

Yes. The French feed looks promising.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We are home. Our dog is clean but the drain is clogged. Half the family has been showered and my butt is car seat shaped.

I love the ocean. It's where my soul was born and I am most at peace.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

You are awesome!

(also, I misread Winogtadsky as Wayne Gretzky.)

Aww, that's so sweet of you to say.

Over 10,000 steps today.  No wonder my legs hurt and I can barely bend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

John was devastated about Notre Dame. If we ever make it to Paris he will stand it front of it remembering our family constantly checking news reports to, at and on our way home from the beach today. That's a strange thought.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

30 minutes ago, Slache said:

I love the ocean. It's where my soul was born and I am most at peace.

I love the ocean, too. I lived in Nevada for awhile when I was young; it was the only time I have ever lived in a land-locked state, and it felt weird, even though I don't often actually, you know, GO to the beach. Just knowing it's *right there* is satisfying.

• Like 4

I lived fairly close to the ocean growing up in MA.  Totally different feeling than here in Tampa.  I love it here ❤️.  So far. 😉😆

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I love the ocean, too. I lived in Nevada for awhile when I was young; it was the only time I have ever lived in a land-locked state, and it felt weird, even though I don't often actually, you know, GO to the beach. Just knowing it's *right there* is satisfying.

Yes. Agreed. I get homesick away from it. I didn't even want to move to San Antonio because it is so far away.

• Like 4

We wanted to live at a beach.  (Biloxi in 1983 doesn't count)  When we moved back to Texas in 2011, we knew we could go anywhere we pleased, as long as dh could get a job.  We really debated, but picked Texas over an east coast beach because grandkids.  

• Like 6

My dad was stationed in Ft. Rucker, AL when I was really young, and we used to drive down to the FL beach all the time. I miss those times.

• Like 5

I didn't mean to make everybody cry! It's just interesting how there has been a major world event and my child is going to remember it. I remember telling him that it was inappropriate for him to play 9/11, but he didn't really get it. When he heard about this on the news he almost cried and it's going to mean something to him if he ever sees it.

• Like 3

The towers and main structure are saved. There are very good pictures of the inside available. It doesn't look if many, if any, stained glass windows were damaged. The huge rose one is still there. Some burning may continue for days though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I uploaded a profile picture to Facebook with my whole body in it. It was incredibly difficult to do even if I was hiding behind Mooies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My brain gave out for the last 20 minutes of rehearsal.  So. Many. Notes.  Time for sleep.  

Why isn't ds23 home yet?  We drove to rehearsal separately today, but he should be home by now...

OK, he just drove up.  Now sleep.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

A few days ago I started reading The Hunchback of Notre Dame😞  So sad that the building was severely damaged.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Hi! I'm not going to even try to catch up. Everyone seems still alive and kicking.

I didn't know about the Notre Dame fire. I have been there years ago and love that beautiful building. I'm so sad but glad most of it will be saved. At first, I thought you guys were talking about Notre Dame, the school. 

We have a house! Move is in 2 weeks. I am not looking forward to it. None of the utility providers I have used on this side of Houston cover that side so I am feeling at a loss. I'll figure it out tomorrow because "After all, Tomorrow is another day!"

I have dd laying on my floor. We have been "watching" (falling alseep to) Harry Potter movies all week. Poor dh. Good thing he has an eye mask and ear plugs.

Son 3 turned 15 last Saturday and is now a full 2 inches taller than me. Too bad he seems to have reverted back to toddler tantrum stage to try to get what he wants. ASD kids are so fun. But in an awesome turn, he has matured enough since last August to be copying his math WITHOUT throwing a fit! Now if he would just read the lesson...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!  So windy still this morning!  We're up and heading out about two hours earlier than usual.  Going to stop by job 1 and help out poolside before going to job 2.  Leftover pizza and salad for supper. 

Dh's team has one more very important game tonight!    Praying for a win!

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Dd16 and I have appointments with the eye doctor today.  They have a Keurig in their waiting room!  :biggrin:  After lunch I need to take ds14 to get a haircut.  Kids' orchestra tonight.  Dd12 has been wheezing a little the past couple days, but I don't see any signs of pneumonia yet.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning,

Happy Tuesday.  I stayed up too late reading last night but I needed the quiet.

My plantar fasciitis seems to be returning.  I have the good sneakers but I need to get back to stretching/yoga.  Just need to find time to stick it in the schedule.

• Like 4

I hope it’s not arson. There was an arson attack at St. Sulpice recently and there have been a whole slew of vandalisms against Catholic churches across France recently. 

• Sad 3

I slept 8 hours last night, and that includes the 56 minutes of awake/restlessness.

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

The past two nights when I was having trouble sleeping, I watched "Wonder" in Spanish.  I have discovered that my Spanish comprehension is very, very far ahead of my French comprehension.  I probably understood about 30 percent of the dialog in Spanish (vs. about 5 percent of French).  

I am really trying to improve my Spanish and ASL skills.  I am hoping to start attending Spanish Sunday School at our church.  A friend of mine (who is a native Spanish speaker) attends and her husband (who is fluent) is one of the teachers.  Also, I saw the Hispanic pastor in the church hallway and when I greeted him in Spanish I could see a stunned look on his face.  Apparently I've never said "Hola. Como estas?" to him before?  Anyway, he said that my pronunciation was very good.  :)

And with ASL I have a friend who is an interpreter.  She recently invited a deaf family to our church and has been interpreting for them.  My friend has encouraged me to communicate with the family in ASL to make them feel welcome.  I was able to have a couple of short interactions with them in the past few weeks.

Improving my foreign language skills has been on my to-do list for the past couple of years.  It's exciting to start seeing some progress and opportunities for more progress.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. I never did school prep so Imma do that now.

Tea! Monday! Don't argue with me.

1 hour ago, Spudater said:

I hope it’s not arson. There was an arson attack at St. Sulpice recently and there have been a whole slew of vandalisms against Catholic churches across France recently. 

This was one of my first thoughts but I've read that it was where the construction workers were and probably their fault. Doing construction work in the area could be why all of the art and relics were saved. They were already gone.

18 minutes ago, Renai said:

I slept 8 hours last night, and that includes the 56 minutes of awake/restlessness.

That is all.

Yay! Good job.

• Like 5