Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

And there you all go again talking about mysterious past things and giving me no explanation. The Great Cupcake Kerfuffle? If this is somehow related to teA, do not disclose and pretend I didn't ask. Otherwise, please do tell! I have a lot of backstory to catch up on and seems I'm determined to do so as quickly as I can.

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

The Cupcake Kerfuffle was about bringing cupcakes to school, if I remember correctly.  Then there were the shopping cart and shoes in houses kerfluffles.  

Yes, these were all discussions on the chat board several years back before ITT existed.  Also, crock pots.  Very heated discussions, lol.  

6 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

The World Series starts tonight!!!!  Let's Go Nats!!!!

We libraried last night after dinner.  It gets dark so early now.  😞

I know!  I was driving in the dark and the rain last night and it was so weird.  It's like summer lasted forever and then BAM, it got dark early.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D (Do you guys have certain mugs that you only use for morning COFFEE~D? And certain ones for afternoon COFFEE~D? And then others used for company, or the kids or other beverages?)

Kids go back to school this morning!! I’m meeting with a new family at Starbucks as soon as I drop the kids off at school. Then home to edumacate the little girls, then work. I have a ton of stuff on my to-do list, but at least I can do it all from home.

I saw those pics of the Dallas tornado. Yikes. DH said they had one and that it was a bit windy, but that was all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

And there you all go again talking about mysterious past things and giving me no explanation. The Great Cupcake Kerfuffle? If this is somehow related to teA, do not disclose and pretend I didn't ask. Otherwise, please do tell! I have a lot of backstory to catch up on and seems I'm determined to do so as quickly as I can.

I did not forget! It is just too early or there isn't enough coffee in me to come up with a witty Booya(h) 

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

The Cupcake Kerfuffle was about bringing cupcakes to school, if I remember correctly.  Then there were the shopping cart and shoes in houses kerfluffles.  

Yes, the Great Cupcake Kerfluffle started out innocently enough (they all do) and then became absolutely legendary. That’s why it’s important to not go swimming in the sea. (Someone needs to post that video for Servant, there are other phrases that came out of that one. Gee, we are really educating her in ITT Lore, aren’t we? )

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

The World Series starts tonight!!!!  Let's Go Nats!!!!

We libraried last night after dinner.  It gets dark so early now.  😞

I’m going for Washington, too. But only because it is my policy to cheer for the Dodgers first, and then when that fails, I cheer for the National League team. Unless it’s the Giants.

Go Sportsball!!

• Like 2

Morning. Caffeine. Got a million things to do and probably that many to revise. It's going to be a wild end of the month and really, I worked so hard to make it easier on myself. Gah! That's what I get for planning. Pants the heck out of it next time. Speaking of which, I really need to find some pants...

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

She likes us a LOT!

Yep!

28 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

What will Jeeves think if the Servant asks for coffee? Will he be confused?

Ha!  (I'm sure he will handle it with the utmost propriety!)

24 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Youngest is determined to convince me that bedtime is now 6pm

Yay?  Unless waking time is now 4am!

21 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

🏃🏃. Will ketchup later!  

See ya later, Alligator! 

13 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m going for Washington, too. But only because it is my policy to cheer for the Dodgers first, and then when that fails, I cheer for the National League team. Unless it’s the Giants.

Go Sportsball!!

I go for whatever team Krissi says.  Not that that means anything - I don't even know how to turn the TV on.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! Inexplicable puking sickness seems to have vanished overnight. At least, I'm keeping down my smoothie with no problems, and I might even be brave enough to try coffee in a bit.

Do you have water now, Ducks?

(((Bookie and Mom))).  

Water is back! Took a bit of flushing this morning to clear the lines but I think it’s drinkable again.  We are grabbing donuts later in honor of Day 2 of Vacation Week. 

I awoke to the sound of kids asking Siri how to spell “cheesy.”  They are apparently compiling a book entitled “Cheesy Poems for the Unwell-Trained Mind.”  

Outta likes now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Yep!

Ha!  (I'm sure he will handle it with the utmost propriety!)

Yay?  Unless waking time is now 4am!

See ya later, Alligator! 

I go for whatever team Krissi says.  Not that that means anything - I don't even know how to turn the TV on.

See? Sometimes we're total twinsies, and then you dabble in heresy and my heart breaks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I feel it shouldn't be so difficult to find a size small 1/2-3/4" girl's belt that is not pink or a bright color or leopard print or sparkly.  Just medium brown leather.

I think I found something - a belt that can be cut down to size!  

Points for quoting self.

Also, the likes have come back!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Can one of you answer my phone sometime and tell me if there's an opt out prompt for the Mandarin telemarketing calls I keep getting? I can't understand them, let alone make them stop.

Press 1 or 0 until you get to an operator and then speak English at them.

I cleaned up the garage.  

It is still overcrowded, but at least organized overcrowded, and all the trash has been dumped.  Most everything that is meant for the garage is in bins in the middle of the room until we install shelves and pegboard.  Then one corner is packed with stuff that belongs in Dh's shed (but won't fit until he cleans that up), and another whole wall is full of little kiddie furniture (tables, chairs) that no one wants me to get rid of but no one has suggestions on where to store.  

Also I'm finally defrosting the freezer.  Woo-hoo!!! It'll be nice to slide all my jars of tomato sauce and applesauce into it.  They are currently in the kitchen-fridge freezer taking up tons of space, because the garage freezer was so iced-over, nothing could stand upright in it anymore. 

Also have a farm run to make. And an entire week of Bible study to finish.  Willy Nilly!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

AND who has started Christmas shopping/planning yet?

I already bought the kids their yearly ornaments. Scotsman and I decided what from Mum/Dad gifts will be this year. The Girl knows she wants to make personalized mugs for everyone. The guys haven’t begun thinking about what they want to do yet.

I informed Son 1 to update his Amazon list. He said just send him money! Where is the fun in that?

Son 2 (Uni Boy) is a good sport so always comes up with a list of little things the others can pick from. We do just give him money— as in paying for his University!

I have a few ideas for Captain but none for myself or Scotsman. Technically, he already had his by going to Scotland for a week.

Anyone have some cool (yet inexpensive) ideas?

Svengo.

I hate Christmas shopping.

17 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

The Girl and I are debating whether a summer birthday 11 yr old who officially started school at 5/6yrs is a year 5 or 6 student.

I don’t think it matters but it does to her. What says ITT?

Year 5.  It is much easier to 'graduate someone early' at the very end rather than to say that they need to do an extra year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

So what does it say?

Ohayogozaimasu.

1 hour ago, Paradox5 said:

AND who has started Christmas shopping/planning yet?

I already bought the kids their yearly ornaments. Scotsman and I decided what from Mum/Dad gifts will be this year. The Girl knows she wants to make personalized mugs for everyone. The guys haven’t begun thinking about what they want to do yet.

I informed Son 1 to update his Amazon list. He said just send him money! Where is the fun in that?

Son 2 (Uni Boy) is a good sport so always comes up with a list of little things the others can pick from. We do just give him money— as in paying for his University!

I have a few ideas for Captain but none for myself or Scotsman. Technically, he already had his by going to Scotland for a week.

Anyone have some cool (yet inexpensive) ideas?

Yes. Christmas gift shopping is always a huge drama with MIL. It used to start in July but she's getting older and tired. I think I'm getting all 3 kids weighted blankets. We have a November birthday getting a paint by number and a February birthday getting Prismacolors.

Cool and inexpensive:

• Pool/beach toys
  • Board games (I put Guess Who and Risk on the list this year)
  • Favorite clothing items
  • Check the costumes after Halloween
  • Calendar
  • Graphic t shirts from Target/walmart/amazon
  • I have fine chocolate, a notebook and a new water bottle on mine. My husband asked for a sushi making kit and Spotify GCs.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Jeeves! We've got so much help, I can't keep track of all their names. Who's the sous chef? I have a mountain of potatoes to peel and cannot find the veggie peeler. The Servant needs help!

I don’t remember. It is definitely hard to keep track of the staff. I know Olga is the housekeeper. Generally we just make it up as we go.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Year 5.  It is much easier to 'graduate someone early' at the very end rather than to say that they need to do an extra year. 

This has been my approach. 

My summer birthday kids are, by age and grade:

7, grade 1

9, grade 3

14, grade 8

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

The Girl and I are debating whether a summer birthday 11 yr old who officially started school at 5/6yrs is a year 5 or 6 student.

I don’t think it matters but it does to her. What says ITT?

I’ve had two summer bday girls. Both were 6th grade when they were 11.  (One is currently).  The older one will likely have an extra year of high school, which would have made her a year 5 student at 11.  

shorter answer - grade 6, but adjust later if needed. 

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I’ve had two summer bday girls. Both were 6th grade when they were 11.  (One is currently).  The older one will likely have an extra year of high school, which would have made her a year 5 student at 11.  

shorter answer - grade 6, but adjust later if needed. 

Or ignore me and listen to Jean and Maize. 😬🤣😜

Fwiw, we debated graduation years for all three of my current highschoolers and those that we delayed were in agreement with us (practically made the decision themselves) and it caused no problems with school district or anyone else.  I guess what I'm saying is, don't stress too much either way.  We've been able to make adjustments as needed without problem.  (We are in a low-reg state, btw). 

Also, as far as how to decide at this point - I would also consider maturity and math skills since math may be harder to catch up quickly compared to other late-blooming skills.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ok. I put Youngest to bed then wrangled Oldest (who procrastinates forever) and tucked him in bed. Now.... Did I hide the other half box of cookies or did DH highjack them? I don't know if this requires a glaring emoji or head scratch emoji. Jeeves!

I read “wrangled “ as “strangled” and was concerned for a moment...

• Haha 3

I have two summer birthdays - dd is 12 and in 7th grade and ds is 14 and in 9th grade but we go by whatever year they could legally be in school, so we have them having started at 5 years old.   

But we also are in a state that requires nothing so it doesn't really matter what we say.  Neither kid is likely to go back to school and we don't ever have to test so I'm not worried about it.  I'll adjust it to what seems right at the time if we need to.

Ds is starting to grow facial hair and hates it.  He finds it uncomfortable and doesn't like how it looks (although it doesn't really look like anything.  He's blond). 

• Like 1

2 of my summer birthdays started K at 6.  One started at 5, but at the end of 1st grade we decided to call that K6 and do 1st grade again.

I feel the need to read some Wodehouse now.

A violinist made a snarky remark to dd10 in orchestra today (she asked the director a question that she had just given the answer to, but dd10 didn't hear it) and I felt a strong urge to use the Laser Glare of Certain Impending Death on him, but I refrained and instead burned a hole in my fish-embroidery sketch.  Hormones must be bringing out the mama bear tonight.

Good night, all!

• Like 4

I made the best dinner tonight. We had breakfast -waffles and bacon, but for the waffles I made this hot applesauce topping (out of fresh apples), but it tasted more like apple pie filling, lots of cinnamon and cloves. I put a smear of sour cream on the waffle first, then topped with the apples. Oh my word. It was heavenly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! I'm drinking my good-for-me morning smoothie that Dave has been getting up early to make. It's actually for him (he's decided recently to take his physical health very seriously, in aid of promoting better mental health), but he shares with me. He freshly juices grapefruit, lemons, and oranges, then adds an apple, a banana, a handful of frozen pineapple, some frozen mixed berries, coconut milk and turmeric. It's so yum, but might be the reason I've been having so much heartburn. I really don't want to give it up.

In nonfood news, SuperDude finished an entire phonics lesson without tears yesterday! He's very motivated to learn to read all of a sudden, but didn't realize how difficult the process could be. But he's stuck with it, and we've worked our way up from 2 minutes per lesson to 5. Yesterday he sounded out words for 7 minutes and finished the whole lesson! I'm so proud of him.

Wait, was that an EdPo?

Good morning!

🏆🏆🏆Yay for Super Dude and his very patient Mom!!!!  🏆🏆🏆

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Did you know each page holds 50 posts then switches to a new one?

The posts used to be numbered so we could tell when the page was going to change and we could race to get the booyah. Now it’s a surprise!  

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Unfortunately, we ate them all. But that dinner is definitely a do-again!

Recipe?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Mine agree with him, though they are later bloomers. ASD Boy is my blondie and thinks he needs to shave. Shave what? That tiny bit of barely visable baby fuzz on your upper lip? Quiet Boy is dark haired so his baby fuzz is showing a bit more. Both think it is gross. Any hair anywhere that wasn't there before should not be growing there now. I remember my oldest going through this. Oh. My. Word. You would have thought he was the first guy to ever go through puberty. The drama, the panic, the meltdowns! It didn't help that Uni. Boy teased him mercilessly-- until inevitably he went through it.

DENTAL (sorta): The absolute worst, though, was when mine would lose teeth. They would scream, "I'm going to die! I'm going to bleed to death! I'm going to have to get dentures!" Son 2 was exceedingly dramatic. The Girl still has a bunch to go, and she screams every time they have to come out. I really hate it.

Yeah, ds is ASD.   Everything new brings up drama.  He seems to be having some medical anxiety lately with things too.  Always worried about something being wrong.  Usually we can make him feel better, but a couple times it took a trip to the doctor.  I'm soooo glad I've had the same pediatrician for 25 years.  Requires less explanation.

4 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Did you know each page holds 50 posts then switches to a new one?

Yep, I count if I think there's a chance I'll get a booya.  😎

• Like 2