Menu

What's with the ads?

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!! And it’s party day!!! DD2’s Nirthday Party. It’ll all go fine, I don’t know why I am stressed,

It’s the perfect day for a party. Sunny and supposed to get up to 80 degrees.

well, lookie there!!! I got a Booya/h!!! It’s a Birthday Party Booya/h!!!🎂🎂🎂🎉🎈🎈🎈

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

52 minutes ago, maize said:

Unless of course they can get to a food bag, then they rip it open and help themselves!

That’s what our cats do. Even if there is a full bowl of food, they love ripping open the corner of the bag. Stupid cats.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Good morning!

Jean, I don't think I can consider a stop by the airport a day off.  Not your airport. Mine is nice and small.

I was up exceptionally late due to sick child.  She is just suffering from allergies but was so miserable that she couldn't sleep or stop crying. She finally settled down.  It's supposed to rain all day.  Maybe storm tonight.

Krissi, I can't believe you have succulents that just grow in your yard!  So fun.  Well, I could see how it wouldn't be as fun if they grow like weeds where you don't want them.  Plus lemons to give away!  :smile:  Have fun with the party today!

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

I just finished half my workout!  I took the dogs for a 2 mile walk while the rain had slowed to a mist again, and did 2 sets of all my weights and push ups.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dr. ITT did it again!  Thanks, everyone!  My back pain is gone!  I think you scared it out of me!  :laugh:

Was it the pregnancy talk?

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Our taxes are done

Ds' taxes are done

Dd's taxes are done.

Woo hoo! 

Our taxes...are...not done...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I gave up and just ordered another Fitbit charger (cheaper on Amazon). I just cannot find the other one, and I need to get back on the ball with my steps.

I accidentally opened time today, and wound up with a 6:30am Saturday class. I don't like to get up that early on Saturday. 

I have a Spanish class in 45 minutes. I still haven't finished inputting my class schedule for the fall. I have most of it written down, though.

I need to help my husband clean the house. He's moving and shaking right now! I can't get my behind off the sofa, though.

I want to finish the family language journal this weekend.

I would like to work on this other book I have in mind.

I still need to finish a copywork series. I've had my head in the journal for a couple of weeks though.

I have a pile of books and papers sitting in front of me that I need to get through and put away.

I have clutter everywhere. I think if I start in my bedroom, then move to what was Dancer's room and turn that into an office/play room, then I could finish the living room once and for all. The living room is where I am working, and where the pile of books and papers are.

Welp, guess I'll go do...something...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy Saturday.  We started with a rainy day but it's cleared up now.  Still somewhat gloomy but not raining anymore.  I can hear the birds tweeting since dh has the door open.  

I've made quite a bit of progress on my forensic class.  Finalized the details of the crime, mapped out the set-up for them to process the crime scene, now I just need to fix my slides for the presentation and that one's done (at least for this week).   Then I have to finalize Biology and Art in Math, which are my other Monday classes.  Both of those should be more just cleaning up slides.   Tuesday I don't have any classes that need presentations, I just have to pick activities.  

Sometime in the next two weeks I also need to modify a workshop since I have mainly younger kids coming.  Pokemon Zoology.  I've already done it twice and I already know what I'm going to do, I just need to fix the presentation to account for non-readers.  If everyone who says there going to come actually does, it's going to be the biggest workshop I've done except for a private one I did for a girl scout troop.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My neighbor wants to take the dogs for Easter Bunny photos. I told her that If she  wants to go I will tag along but I won't take Juliet. I'm still trying to get her to not freak out at random men and I think that a huge bunny would push her over the edge. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's Trophy Day for Renai!

Resurrection Biscuits

1 can refrigerated biscuits (8 ct)
8 large marshmallows
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 C sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon

Friday or Saturday night: Place parchment paper on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Stretch each biscuit dough round out a little and wrap around a marshmallow.  Seal the dough edges together, dip in butter, and roll in cinnamon sugar.  Place on parchment paper and cover baking dish with plastic wrap.  Refrigerate.

Sunday morning: preheat oven to 400 degrees. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 18-25 minutes, or until golden brown.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Jean, I don't think I can consider a stop by the airport a day off.

I was up exceptionally late due to sick child.  She is just suffering from allergies but was so miserable that she couldn't sleep or stop crying. She finally settled down.  It's supposed to rain all day.  Maybe storm tonight.

Krissi, I can't believe you have succulents that just grow in your yard!  So fun.  Well, I could see how it wouldn't be as fun if they grow like weeds where you don't want them.  Plus lemons to give away!  :smile:  Have fun with the party today!

Coffee!

We are dying of allergies here, too, we had a terrific wind a couple days ago which just stirred everything up!!!

Yes, we have clumps of succulents (the rosette kind) in the front yard and they are rather prolific. Although not obnoxiously so.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We are dying of allergies here, too, we had a terrific wind a couple days ago which just stirred everything up!!!

Yes, we have clumps of succulents (the rosette kind) in the front yard and they are rather prolific. Although not obnoxiously so.

Are the succulents edible?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Renai said:

I gave up and just ordered another Fitbit charger (cheaper on Amazon). I just cannot find the other one, and I need to get back on the ball with my steps.

I accidentally opened time today, and wound up with a 6:30am Saturday class. I don't like to get up that early on Saturday. 

I have a Spanish class in 45 minutes. I still haven't finished inputting my class schedule for the fall. I have most of it written down, though.

I need to help my husband clean the house. He's moving and shaking right now! I can't get my behind off the sofa, though.

I want to finish the family language journal this weekend.

I would like to work on this other book I have in mind.

I still need to finish a copywork series. I've had my head in the journal for a couple of weeks though.

I have a pile of books and papers sitting in front of me that I need to get through and put away.

I have clutter everywhere. I think if I start in my bedroom, then move to what was Dancer's room and turn that into an office/play room, then I could finish the living room once and for all. The living room is where I am working, and where the pile of books and papers are.

Welp, guess I'll go do...something...

If you figure out this challenge, please let me know. Because then you can figure out mine.

(Hey! Wouldn't that be a SUPERFUN summer vacation? Gymnast and I can hike and play with ponies and swim in the lake, whilst you sort out my life...)

(( Pweez?))

• Haha 5

I am making dh catch a ladybug that is crawling on our ceiling and put it out back on my deck flowers.  

I think I'm finally done with end-of-school-year books.  Here is my excel file to keep track of what I get everyone, with notes on edition if I find a particular favorite.  (Each year is a different color.)

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I am making dh catch a ladybug that is crawling on our ceiling and put it out back on my deck flowers.  

I think I'm finally done with end-of-school-year books.  Here is my excel file to keep track of what I get everyone, with notes on edition if I find a particular favorite.  (Each year is a different color.)

image.jpeg

WOW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

If you figure out this challenge, please let me know. Because then you can figure out mine.

(Hey! Wouldn't that be a SUPERFUN summer vacation? Gymnast and I can hike and play with ponies and swim in the lake, whilst you sort out my life...)

(( Pweez?))

I think we both need Susan to sort out our lives. On spreadsheets...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Renai said:

And in color!  😍

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Renai said:

I like spreadsheets.

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

And in color!  😍

With colors!  :biggrin:

(fwiw, most of the books are in the $3-5 range, used, though I once spent $24 on a signed 1st edition of The Book of the Dun Cow.  :ohmy:)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Renai said:

Somehow I think a book-list spreadsheet of your lives would not be adequate.  But colorful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like spreadsheets too.  I have homeschool spreadsheets for transcripts and future plans (by child and subject), for class plans, calendars, weekly schedules, booklists, project ideas.

I have one that has a list of all the files I have for class activities (488 of them) with checkmarks in columns for which age group and subject matter they will work for.  Then I can sort it by age or by subject and find activities when I need them.  

I really do like Excel.  

• Like 4

Dh is out with oldest dd looking at cars again.  They're mainly looking at used Honda Pilots since she really likes ours.  She wants 4wd or awd since we get snow and ice and she has a job she can't just take off, she needs some room (really not that much room), and reliable and will last a while.   She says she doesn't like the CRV because her dad has one (dh is not her dad) and her grandma has one so she thinks about it as an old person car.  Dh pointed out that we have a Honda Pilot, but she says we're "cool old people" so it's okay. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I am doing too many things at once. All of them are on spreadsheets. But Google drive, because #millennial. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Renai said:

No.  It wouldn't work.  Slache tried to do that for me.  I don't even know where I saved the sheet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I am trying to motivate myself to go see The Wizard one last time tonight.  Because because because because because.....then I get paid!  

More coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I made a business plan and to do list for the curriculum that I'm writing. I think the business plan might make Renai cry but that's neither here nor there.

Watmart gave us free organic bananas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

I made a business plan and to do list for the curriculum that I'm writing. I think the business plan might make Renai cry but that's neither here nor there.

Is there a spreadsheet involved?  With rainbow colors?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

No.  It wouldn't work.  Slache tried to do that for me.  I don't even know where I saved the sheet.

Oh, my goodness, I think you're right. Slash did one for me too a while back!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Slache said:

Watmart gave us free organic bananas.

I meant to answer you about that, but I went to get my bp meds, then took a nap, and when I woke up (10 minutes ago) my phone was dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dh and dc got their list done while I was at work.  Plus they had Rosie vacuum.   And I stopped and bought Easter goodies on my way home.  I placed a shutterfly order.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

(( Pweez?))

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

image.jpeg

I think Susan needs to come to Summer Vacation, too.

3 hours ago, Renai said:

Definitely. You can play with me n'Gymnast whilst she sorts BOTH of us out.

(And I'm ignoring all the hooey following these posts. Susan can do it! I know she can!)

• Like 4

We went to the nursery. Got a baby Japanese maple. I feel a coma coming on. Too much warmth + allergies.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I have an Audible credit. What should I spend it on? I'm considering something for Gymnast. Or maybe Rethinking School for me.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

Blah. Kids.

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Is there a spreadsheet involved?  With rainbow colors?

Yes. No.

2 hours ago, Renai said:

Oh, my goodness, I think you're right. Slash did one for me too a while back!

Give me a problem, YO I'll solve it!

18 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

My neighbor is making shirts for ddil, ddil's mom, and me.  This is mine.

20190413_194357~2.jpg

:wub:

17 minutes ago, Renai said:

I have an Audible credit. What should I spend it on? I'm considering something for Gymnast. Or maybe Rethinking School for me.

Andrew Lang.

• Like 3

I love the shirt, Angi.

I spent time outside reading on my patio. It’s a very pleasant evening. I’m reading that book about the men and the boat and the dog that Susan recommended. It’s pretty funny. Very very British.

Now I am contemplating crawling under the covers and indulging in that coma. I took a couple of Benadryl.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

I think Susan needs to come to Summer Vacation, too.

Definitely. You can play with me n'Gymnast whilst she sorts BOTH of us out.

(And I'm ignoring all the hooey following these posts. Susan can do it! I know she can!)

I want to come!  Can I have camp after I make some pointless spreadsheets with rainbow colors?  I want to go hiking and play with horsies and doggies and kittehs.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

My neighbor is making shirts for ddil, ddil's mom, and me.  This is mine.

20190413_194357~2.jpg

:wub:  So creative!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We went to the nursery. Got a baby Japanese maple. I feel a coma coming on. Too much warmth + allergies.

We have a Japanese maple and I'm about to cut off some twigs and try Japanese maple bonsai.  Hope you can get some rest tonight.

• Like 3

My stand-partner and I gave each other a high-five after "Apple Throwing" - we finally got it right!! 🎉   It was a good show but I'm glad we're done.  Holy Week will be busy, but not like this past week.  

There's quite a bit of thunder and lightning out, but it looks like the red line of the storms will come through around 4am.  Better try to sleep.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Slache said:

I am so tired. I'm going to murder my snoring husband.

All snorers need a good killin'.  I woke up around 3:00 for no good reason - snoring or otherwise.  Now it's coffee time!

• Like 3