Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I wasn't gonna erase it. I just shortened it to breastfeeding. Was originally more specific as to public/private and cover/not cover.

You have waaay cooler emojis than me.

Click the smiley in the test box.

Bold italics underline emoji

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! It's Thursday! Today involves lessons, housework, and planning All The Things (bills, groceries, etc). I'm drinking coffee and about to read more in my Bible study book club book.

Oh! And I'm attending my very first in real life Book Club! A friend has been asking me to come for ages, and tonight's the night. We read The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson and we're supposed to come to the meeting dressed as a literary character. I'm going as a pregnant Molly Weasley.

Our church cancelled their trunk or treat due to lack of volunteers and expected crappy weather, so the kids and I are going to plan an at-home Halloween. So far, we're going to dress up in costumes, make hot cocoa and some kind of cookies, and have a stash of candy in the cupboard for after dinner snacking. We'll watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!, and read Halloween themed picture books. (Mental note - must get to the library!) I'm going to google for more ideas. 

Sunday is Dave's and my 12th anniversary. 🥰🥰🥰

Happy anniversary!

i LOVE LOVE LOVE your Halloween ideas. We no longer have a church event, and we don’t have a decent neighborhood for treating, and I haven’t heard much from the mom who was organizing a hs event, so we may only be doing Dhs company trick or treating again. 

• Like 2

Coffee!!!  

The piano teacher arrives in an hour which means top on my agenda is cleaning the basement where the piano is. 

The kids finished “Cheesy Poems for the Unwell-Trained Mind” and now are on Volume 2: “Chicken Scratches for Dummies.” Weirdos. All of them. 

Also, I’m so glad Siri will spell things for them. Finally! Something  she can actually do that’s helpful. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! It's Thursday! Today involves lessons, housework, and planning All The Things (bills, groceries, etc). I'm drinking coffee and about to read more in my Bible study book club book.

Oh! And I'm attending my very first in real life Book Club! A friend has been asking me to come for ages, and tonight's the night. We read The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson and we're supposed to come to the meeting dressed as a literary character. I'm going as a pregnant Molly Weasley.

Our church cancelled their trunk or treat due to lack of volunteers and expected crappy weather, so the kids and I are going to plan an at-home Halloween. So far, we're going to dress up in costumes, make hot cocoa and some kind of cookies, and have a stash of candy in the cupboard for after dinner snacking. We'll watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!, and read Halloween themed picture books. (Mental note - must get to the library!) I'm going to google for more ideas. 

Sunday is Dave's and my 12th anniversary. 🥰🥰🥰

Happy Anniversary!!

i love your Halloween idea. We always go to our church’s Fall Family Fun Night, which is a total zoo. And they snagged me to work a shift at a bounce house or some other something. I don’t know.  And no chance of inclement weather..... it’s supposed to be 89 degrees tomorrow and not a whole lot cooler next week. I hate living here. Anyhow, I would totally do what you are doing. And also watch my favorite Halloween movie “Arsenic and Old Lace”. Cary Grant makes me swoon and Peter Lorre is sooooo creepy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

This is me, too. My issue is feeling the droop. I hate the droop. 

I swam in the sea but didn’t post so I’m safe from sharks. 

It has been almost 2 hrs. I’m still sitting here. Is it weird I’m starting to feel concerned? Yes I guess I an overprotective.

ASD testing does take a long time in my experience.  I think that ours was 3 or 4 hours?  It's been many years so it's hard to remember but I know that dd and I left and did other things while ds was being tested. 

• Like 1

Is Jenny B. here?

I did laundry and school and cut and froze da veggies and made apple chips and baked garbanzos. Now I'm going to drink the coffee I've reheated 3 times.

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

......I'll take swimming in shark infested waters in the sea for $200, Alex!

Don't take money from my kid!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Sleeping in the same room as my child has me asking again how in the world he can be awake by 6 am every morning no matter what time (within reason) he went to bed.

DH quietly got up a few minutes before 6 with no alarm, reminding me exactly how. *sigh* (DS actually slept until 7, but that did me no good.) Truly, except for his height, I think my child has inherited every disadvantageous trait in the entire family tree, including a couple I didn't realize were A Thing until he had the issue. (Waking like DH is not an advantage if you fall asleep like yours truly.) And height can be a disadvantage for the socially immature. Poor baby.

Sfork, I don't want to think of you like ITT staff! Can you at least be Servie or something?? Servita?

I need to clean my house. Or surf the internet and expect fairies. Something.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Sfork, I don't want to think of you like ITT staff! Can you at least be Servie or something?? Servita?

No. She's part of the staff. She gets my slippers and stuff. She said she needs help staying humble so we don't pay her.

Booya!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

What?!

Jeeves! Slashie just called me a door mat!

Slachey should know better - we are the ENB, after all!  (Elephant Ninja Brigaide, which is called upon to stomp on certain situations with the use of bazookas, flame throwers, the laser glare of certain impending death, duct tape, etc.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Jean made it up.  I was Quackers (because of my questionable medical advice once, I think) but she added the h during a Booya/Booyah debate.  #h

I thought Quackers was because of the ducklings?  

I had to read an entire page to catch up.  That hasn't happened in a while.  

Saturday is dh's and my 15th wedding anniversary.  I"m not sure what we are doing.  I thought I'd be running a workshop but today is the last day to register and no one has so it's cancelled.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

In all honesty, I don't mind being called Servant because it's an in my face daily reminder of who I do and do not serve and it strengthens my walk with the One True God. It is an honor to serve others and it makes me genuinely happy to make others smile or feel special. I THINK this thread is a place where I can be a little silly and know that everyone is laughing with me and not at me. I enjoy being here.

Well said!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I thought Quackers was because of the ducklings?  

True.  But Dr. Quack was because of my username, too.  I just don't recall which came first.  Who is the ITT archivist/historian at the moment?  My mind is a bluuuurrrrrrrr.....

In my defense, whatever medical advice I gave DID NOT RESULT IN ANYONE'S DEATH.  Per ITT rules.   Granted, none of you may have taken my advice in the first place. But still.  No.One.Died.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

✔️Basement cleaned in time for piano.

✔️Piano-lessons-times-five.

✔️Willy-Nilly lunch served, much too late as usual.

✔️Kids all off to final track meet with Dh

✔️Dinner in crockpot.

All that's left is my prep for Bible study, and a class tonight. (Which will be followed by coffee with my IRL girlfriends...Yay!)

And I'm realizing that I still had waaaaaay too many things on my plate for this supposed vacation week.  I think a second week off is in order. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2