Menu

What's with the ads?

Good morning!  I'm up, all by myself.  It's windy and so cold.  Wind chill 34.  I just heard someone's phone make a noise, but I really hope everyone sleeps in.  Late.

We're probably staying home all day, unless I take some to the mall or something, except for a run to pick up subs.   Ds12 wants to go to Game Stop.  

Our main meal today will be free subs from Jersey Mike's.  Mine will be breadless.   So I'm not cooking.  Although I do need to make ranch dressings today.

Well, poo.  Ds12 and neighbor kid are up.

BOOYA!!

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

A Blessed Palm Sunday to you all!! Our church doesn’t really “celebrate” Palm Sunday, which is a bummer  I really prefer a more liturgical, formal Church service that takes more seriously the Holy Days on the Church Calendar. I love our church very much and this is really our only option, but.....

It’s sunny and supposed to be warm today.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

Morning. I'm a day away from sending all my materials to my agent again. Crossing my fingers that the bulk work is done on what must go out on submission, and that I can continue to refine and work on my synopses for the unwritten stories. It's just about the hardest thing on the planet to write a detailed synopses for a book that a) has either not been written or is in first draft form, b) needs revision and you know it, but you also know that you'll need to rewrite it at least twice before it is ready for revision, and c) that is all going to change because the first book hasn't been edited for publishing yet. I compared it to doing a puzzle without a box, where two puzzles have been dumped together, and your only tool is a pair of scissors with which you cut every piece to make it fit.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

A Blessed Palm Sunday to you all!! Our church doesn’t really “celebrate” Palm Sunday, which is a bummer  I really prefer a more liturgical, formal Church service that takes more seriously the Holy Days on the Church Calendar. I love our church very much and this is really our only option, but.....

It’s sunny and supposed to be warm today.

I feel your pain. I attend the least-bad-option church. 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I'm a day away from sending all my materials to my agent again. Crossing my fingers that the bulk work is done on what must go out on submission, and that I can continue to refine and work on my synopses for the unwritten stories. It's just about the hardest thing on the planet to write a detailed synopses for a book that a) has either not been written or is in first draft form, b) needs revision and you know it, but you also know that you'll need to rewrite it at least twice before it is ready for revision, and c) that is all going to change because the first book hasn't been edited for publishing yet. I compared it to doing a puzzle without a box, where two puzzles have been dumped together, and your only tool is a pair of scissors with which you cut every piece to make it fit.

Svengo!

• Like 1

I don't like that our church Doesn't do more for Palm Sunday, too.  Plus today there's a guest speaker who, while he does many wonderful things as he travels around (he helps small churches with projects and stuff) he has said enough things that I can't get behind that I don't make a huge effort to be there when he speaks.

Workout all done, which included walking the dogs 2 miles then walking 2 more while ds12 and neighbor kid walked neighbor kid's dogs, then the rest of it.

I'm relaxing for a bit before making ranch.

Pics of neighbor dogs, with kids.

20190414_105824.jpg

20190414_110056~2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For Palm Sunday at our church, the children's choir sings a prelude and the first verse of All Glory, Laud, and Honor.  After confession and the sermon, we get palm branches as we come forward for communion, and then do a responsive reading of Revelation 7:9-12 and sing Hosanna to the King of Kings to end the service.  We have a Good Friday service which is probably my favorite of the entire year (it sort of goes through maybe 7 stations of the cross?), and then the choir also sings Easter Sunday morning.  That's our Holy Week.

• Like 5

I forgot to mention the Palm Sunday miracle - 16 choir kids came to sing!  (6 more than we expected, including some who were supposed to be out of town but weren't.)  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I think I'm done with chore-ish stuff.  I made stevia-sweetened tea, and both ranch dressings, and loaded the dishwasher.  Just waiting for hot water before starting it.  I don't want to waste electricity by hitting the temp boost button.  Dh is almost finished mowing amd weed eating.  Well, I thought I was done.  Maybe now.  Dh cleaned the chicken coop so I went out and clipped wings.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Speaking of church, did you guys find one, Slache?  Visiting with young kids can be challenging.  😬

I was just coming to post. Yes!

Agree doctrinally
Great sermon
Families
Pastor homeschools/no church school
KJV only but not legalistic

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

Agree doctrinally
Great sermon
Families

Awesome!!!  ❤️❤️❤️  PM me incase I want to move, lol.            (j/k.  can't move)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Angi's winds are blowing all the way over here!  

Windy here too!  Hopefully we don't blow all the way to Oz!  😂

• Haha 1

We got to watch one turtle giving another turtle a piggyback ride at the pet store.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Slache said:

Agree doctrinally
Great sermon
Families

That is awesome, Slashie!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

For Palm Sunday at our church, the children's choir sings a prelude and the first verse of All Glory, Laud, and Honor.  After confession and the sermon, we get palm branches as we come forward for communion, and then do a responsive reading of Revelation 7:9-12 and sing Hosanna to the King of Kings to end the service.  We have a Good Friday service which is probably my favorite of the entire year (it sort of goes through maybe 7 stations of the cross?), and then the choir also sings Easter Sunday morning.  That's our Holy Week.

Awww, now, see, that’s what I’m talking about!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I forgot to mention the Palm Sunday miracle - 16 choir kids came to sing!  (6 more than we expected, including some who were supposed to be out of town but weren't.)  

Yay for miracles!!!

• Like 2

I needed a particular snake product and didn't want to spend very much money so we went to this giant pet store downtown. They had a reptile room with a ton of reptiles on display and a bird room with a macaw just flying around. The dog class had finished and everyone was hanging out with the local kids petting all of the dogs. I think this might have to be a regular visit!

• Like 4

One synopsis down. I think I may have made it too emotionally charged, but usually when I do that--so that's I'm literally cringing at the potential melodrama--I usually hit the right spot. Hazard of being a less than feeling kind of person? Don't know. I'm eating granola and debating whether to bake potatoes or mash them. I think I will bake them. Much easier.

One more synopsis to read and tweak, and then I'm calling it good.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Agree doctrinally
Great sermon
Families

Yay!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Angi's cold air has reached us - bbrrrrrrrrrrr!  It was so much warmer this morning!

<runs to check forecast.....>  Our high tomorrow is 56.  I might survive that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Slache said:

I need a word that starts with c that means high quality.

Go!

Choice

• Thanks 1

I've done nothing all day. Except nurse a migraine and bring down my blood pressure. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Renai said:

Choice

I thought that. I don't like it. I'm not sure if I still need it. I'll know when Renai responds to my text.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Renai said:

I've done nothing all day. Except nurse a migraine and bring down my blood pressure. 

That's not nothing.

• Like 2

It's supposed to get down to 37 tonight, but up to 67 tomorrow.  I'm back on the Fitbit Stepwagon this week.  I wish I had a dog to walk.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's supposed to get down to 37 tonight, but up to 67 tomorrow.  I'm back on the Fitbit Stepwagon this week.  I wish I had a dog to walk.

I want a dog. I love my cats, but I want a dog. But I don’t think the cats would stand for a dog. They are quite set in their ways.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don’t want tomorrow to be Monday. I really need a trip to the Island. The wooded side of the island. I’m feeling kinda of woodsy and cabinish.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I don’t want tomorrow to be Monday. I really need a trip to the Island. The wooded side of the island. I’m feeling kinda of woodsy and cabinish.

I need another weekend day to get things done.  

But it's Monday.  Coffee.  etc, etc.  

• Like 6

Morning.  It's Monday.  I slept okay until the torrential rain, thunder, lightning and high winds came through at 3am.  

Dh and I went to a nice dinner out last night.  Super yummy food and I have leftovers for lunch.

Three classes, two tutoring sessions and 4-H on the agenda for today so it's going to be a long one.  I still don't know what I'm doing for 4-H.  I have some ideas but I have to narrow them down and pick one.  

• Like 6

Good morning!   It's Monday!  Supplements!  Coffee!  Work!  School!  Workout!  Figure out supper--probably chicken tacos since we have no beef in the freezer!  Maybe the mall trip I promised ds12 all weekend!  Laundry!  15 minute clean?!  

Edited:  supper might be pizza if we stop by the mall.  Large pizzas are $5.99 today.

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 7

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I dreamed last night that I was staying in a cabin and it got so cold that it started snowing inside.  Nobody will be home for dinner tonight, so I don't have to get any soup ready.  I think next week will be the same.  Music lessons and children's choir, Scout's, and orchestra rehearsal for me tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩😩😩 (Despite all my wishes and magic spells to the contrary, it is indeed Monday)

The Kids have their last Enrichment Academy today (instead of Wednesday) and I have to stay for it, the day I really need to drop them off and go to Costco. We’re having Easter at our house this year and I really need to go to Costco for a ham. We usually have Easter at my sister-in-law’s, but this year their house is torn up due to a remodel, so she asked me if I could have it at mine. I don’t mind at all. I guess we’ll have to go to Costco after EA.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It’s supposed to be 87 degrees this week. That’s getting close to 90, which is unacceptable.

The short person and I are going to Phoenix on Wednesday (coming back on Saturday.)

It's going to be 96 on Friday. We're going to die.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

The short person and I are going to Phoenix on Wednesday (coming back on Saturday.)

It's going to be 96 on Friday. We're going to die.

Svengo!!

• Like 2

I'm awake. My head feels muddled, but no real pain.

I have nothing to do today. Except laundry, which we didn't get to yesterday. So, some time today I need to go to the laundromat. Preferably this morning because Gymnast has a violin lesson and other online class this afternoon. Oops, just realized she has a Magic Treehouse online class later this morning. Hmmm...

I did a live on my FB page this morning, waking up Gymnast in Spanish. It was kinda funny because she didn't want to get up. It is part of my "series" of integrating language into daily routines.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1