Menu

Ignore this thread!

I swam in the sea*.  So far, so good.  It was in a rather balmy little inlet.

Now I only have 4% battery life left, so I'd better accomplish something.

Bah.  

*Swimming in the sea means posting anywhere else on the boards except the ITT thread.  It's not against ITT rules, but you do it at your own risk.  I'll let someone with more battery life give the backstory.   It's a fun one.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Limited reactions?

Before the WTM  Platform Upgrade  (or whatever the blackout was called), you could use up your likes.  You'd get a pop-up notifying that you had no more likes left. It'd be.... 24 hours? before you had them back.   

Is that still true?  I was without my laptop all last year so I'm still figuring out the new stuff. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Plug in and join in, of course!

I thought the 'swim in the sea' was from that Irish video of a storm a while back. I didn;t get it was to refer to posting in other WTM boards.

Servant, it is slightly against ITT rules to spout education questions. All must be prefaced with 'EdPo' so everyone knows to gear up for it. I am the biggest rule breaker about it. I will have do penance by cleaning everyone's kitchens.

We took swimming in the sea from the crazy Irish lady, and now it means to post on the chat board.

I never say Edpo. Everything is Ed.

#educationisalife

#edpo

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

You knew I was trying to figure out EdPo didn't you? Edgar Allen Poe just couldn't be it. I assumed any education questions could be found by taking a brisk swim in the sea. I actually did that a few minutes ago and discovered that there's an orange box that says "HOT" under the ITT thread.

It's cuz we're all so foxy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Servant, it is slightly against ITT rules to spout education questions. All must be prefaced with 'EdPo' so everyone knows to gear up for it. I am the biggest rule breaker about it. I will have to do penance by cleaning everyone's kitchens.

Also DentalPo's.  Because teeth and drills and all that.  😬

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Slache said:

I like herbal tea.

I will not try to dissect this.

Educational stuff isn't so much "not allowed," but it can cause some ITTers to go into convulsions or something.

DentalPo must absolutely be prefaced as there is a dentist phobia  in the room, however.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

*****EdPo*****

So, Gymnast (am I still calling her that) likes her "Tutorial School" and is always asking when she is going. Sheesh, child, aren't ya'll doing the calendar when you're there Monday through Wednesday?!?

Anyway, we skip school for field trips whenever we want, so...

It's leaving little time for other more important things - like Spanish (her other native language) and Mandarin. So, Thursdays and Fridays is school just in Spanish. I bought some stuff from Milestone Books. We still have Mandarin Mornings everyday, with a live online lesson once a week. I'm thinking of picking up an italki tutor for her to practice conversation she's learning in class. And there's Chinese school every Sunday afternoon.

That's about it, I guess...not counting violin...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So I cancelled 4-H tonight.  Dd evidently had a dizzy spell, tinnitus, and nausea/vomiting.  No fever, lethargy, tiredness and it was only one quick dizzy spell.  She's been eating and drinking fine for the past few hours.  So we didn't call the doctor.  I wanted dh to call but he felt we should wait. But then it occurred to me that this could be a reaction to her vaccines last week (Gardasil and flu) so I sent the doctor a note just to have it documented.  Because if it appears to be a reaction to the vaccine, I don't want her to get the second Gardasil.  

• Sad 4

I didn't set up any school for this week yet.  Should have done it tonight but didn't.  I'll give dd one more day of rest.  Hopefully she is better tomorrow.  She has the test for her last star for her red/black belt on Wednesday and then she's supposed to test for first black belt a couple weeks after that.  Not a good time for her to get sick.

Plus we JUST joined the gym over the weekend and today was the first day I was supposed to bring ds.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

There was a thread a long time ago that became a discussion of s3x, using tea as a euphemism. It was hilarious, because one poster started asking something along the lines of, "Hold the phone, are you ladies telling me that you're making reliably good tea every time? Like, you're getting a good rolling boil and..." and it went on in that vein for some time. Then there was a follow up post about removing the carpet in your tearoom. You used to be able to find the posts under the tag WTM 101, but I can't find them again to link them.

I missed the genesis of bOOks as b**bs. 

Yeah, I guess that was before my time.  I’m bummed I missed it.  Lol

34 minutes ago, Renai said:

Was this the emergency where you had to take that med that turned you into a raving lunatic? 

Fun times, fun times...

Oh my goodness! I forgot about that! Yes. That would be the one.

23 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

That is not Ed 

Sex Ed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm sick, with a puking kind of sickness that landed inexplicably and won't go away. I can't even tolerate apple juice. I'm going to drink my water and hope it's a passing thing. Fortunately, there's no fever and Baby Cheeto is making his presence well known, so no real cause for worry. It's just terribly inconvenient. 

Thank God for Reader and Runner. Between their help with the youngers and pizza takeout for dinner, we managed to survive the day until Dave got home.

((((Bookie))))

So we still don't have water, but all the trucks and flashing lights are in front of the house, so for a little privacy I finally had to hang the white curtains I bought four years ago.  Pity the poor fool whose sticky fingers even think about touching them.  

DH suggested dinner out but Dd9 didn't want to miss out on cooking her planned homemade Mac-n-Cheese night, so we stayed in.  I'd had just enough warning about the water shut-off to fill several buckets of water, so it was camp-style cleaning.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ikslo said:

TeA is s3x, something to do with WTM not getting spam or something?  Not coming up in online searches for certain online genres?  Likewise, B00ks are b**bs. 

Yeah, but someone needs to come up with the thread that was the originator of teA. That thread and the Great Cupcake Kerfluffle are the Classic threads on the Boards. 

• Like 3

You guys have been having too much fun without me. I spent the day as follows: two olders get haircuts at Supercuts, come home and educate, one super long IEP meeting, then a slightly shorter one, numerous phone calls between meetings, drive to a Big City for appt, for little girls, drive home, run through McDonald’s drive through, eat my dinner in the car, drop off dinner for kids, run to bell choir play hard music, get home at almost 9;00, chase cats around to get them out of the house, now I am exhausted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3