• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Cardiologist report: this doc was a major answer to prayer. He was appalled at the lack of communication from the previous doctor and apologized profusely even though it wasn't his fault. Dd's heart

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

A kitty wanted to beat Juliet up. It was all puffed up and was doing these sideways hops at us. 

I love it when they do that.😂 What did Juliet do? Roll her eyes??🙄

• Like 2
3 hours ago, whitehawk said:

Moooom! Krissi's not sharing the good strawberries! (And I heard she was pole dancing earlier.)

😜

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Krissi's doing bad fings!

I would gladly share my strawberries. But you all have to come out and visit me to get some.  Now as for the pole dancing.......Jeannie was doing it, too.😂

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I would gladly share my strawberries. But you all have to come out and visit me to get some.  Now as for the pole dancing.......Jeannie was doing it, too.😂

I hear she's getting pretty flexible...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’ve got 2% left of battery on my iPad. I guess I should go plug it in.

hey, what do you know? Another Booya/h.

It’s a “My Battery is almost dead” Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Thinking of you today, Critter!  Let us know how things go?

I picked a strawberry off our plant yesterday.  I suspect it won't be as tasty as Krissi's strawberries.

I think we have a lull as well today.  Just regular "wrapping up" a few lessons and dd16 has her high school formal tonight.  I need to start cleaning and reorganizing the pantry at some point in the near future.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good morning.  Long day today but mostly an easy day.   Three classes, one tutoring student, teen/tween hangout, some cleaning.

I'm working on making a book list for my Ct trip so any suggestions for must have books for high school literature, or just for fun reading, or whatever send them over!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Thinking of you today, Critter!  Let us know how things go?

I picked a strawberry off our plant yesterday.  I suspect it won't be as tasty as Krissi's strawberries.

I think we have a lull as well today.  Just regular "wrapping up" a few lessons and dd16 has her high school formal tonight.  I need to start cleaning and reorganizing the pantry at some point in the near future.

Coffee!

Will do. Ultrasound is at 11, but I doubt they'll tell me anything. Haven't heard a word back on xrays, tick profile yet. I expect it will be mostly slimy. LOL.

Quiet day here, too. Not much to do but get through the medical day and see what happens next week. 

• Like 9

I still haven't finished my office. I'm dreading cleaning off the desk that is in my room that I want to move into the office. There's papers and such on it, and it hasn't been moved in years. Years, I say. I've picked a few things off of it, but I'm not the best at sticking with menial tasks for long periods of time...

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School!

We have a 12:15 appt. with the notary at the bank to sign some papers for this mortgage. Somehow, I think it should have been cheaper and easier and quicker to refinance this loan than to recast it. We hadn’t sold our other home when we bought this one, so we borrowed almost all the $. Then we sold that house and wanted to put the proceeds toward the new loan. The loan lady said it was easy to recast or re-amortize, but it hasn’t been particularly easy and it’s taken forever.🙄 Oh well, live and learn. And in the meantime you pay gobs of interest.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
2 minutes ago, Renai said:

I still haven't finished my office. I'm dreading cleaning off the desk that is in my room that I want to move into the office. There's papers and such on it, and it hasn't been moved in years. Years, I say. I've picked a few things off of it, but I'm not the best at sticking with menial tasks for long periods of time...

I’ve been working on our office, too. I hate papers. I’ve been shredding till the shredder dies for days now.

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, Renai said:

Gosh, Renai. I can't relate to this at all. My desk is a model of order. I think it's brown...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

When my grandma, Mary :wub: was diagnosed with cancer I started spending my summers with her cutting down ivy, repairing things around the house, cleaning and shopping. My first summer there I cleaned out one of the bedrooms so I would have a place to stay as I usually slept on the kitchen floor. In the room there was between 3 and 6 feet of clothing piled from the back wall to out the door which had been removed years prior because it was just in the way. When I reached about the halfway point on the floor I found poorly cut carpet and when I got Mary to come look at it (she was frequently lost because she was batty) she was like "Oh! The old carpet! How neat!" Apparently, when they decided to pull the carpet up the room was so full that they just pushed everything back as far as they could, cut the carpet at that point and piled clothing back on top of it, maybe 10 years before I was born.

You may all feel better about your desks now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
51 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Did you get any new students to tutor?  :biggrin:

Nope. But this was a very busy city one that was chock full of local employees. 

Car is finally done. Spent double what I wanted to but it was all super necessary stuff. 

Fell asleep at the mall while waiting for the call to tell me that the car was done. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Slache said:

When my grandma, Mary :wub: was diagnosed with cancer I started spending my summers with her cutting down ivy, repairing things around the house, cleaning and shopping. My first summer there I cleaned out one of the bedrooms so I would have a place to stay as I usually slept on the kitchen floor. In the room there was between 3 and 6 feet of clothing piled from the back wall to out the door which had been removed years prior because it was just in the way. When I reached about the halfway point on the floor I found poorly cut carpet and when I got Mary to come look at it (she was frequently lost because she was batty) she was like "Oh! The old carpet! How neat!" Apparently, when they decided to pull the carpet up the room was so full that they just pushed everything back as far as they could, cut the carpet at that point and piled clothing back on top of it, maybe 10 years before I was born.

You may all feel better about your desks now.

Oh mercy!!!😂

• Like 4

I am back, everything is notarized. The branch of our bank we went to is downtown in the Big City. There was a funeral/memorial or something for a fallen officer going on when we were downtown. I couldn’t find parking and when I did it was metered and I had no change, fortunately DD did. We got our business taken care of and when we were walking back to our car we were behind a mentally ill lady who was yelling at and chewing out someone who was not there. Down town is full of the mental ill. It just breaks my heart to see them. A good portion of the homeless population are mentally ill. If I were in charge, I would collect them all and put them on a nice farm. And they could have a nice room and proper nutrition and care. It is so degrading and dangerous living on the streets like that.

and then we went to Costco and spent our rebate check and now I am getting in to the chocolate covered almonds.😩😩😩 sStress does that to me.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I am back, everything is notarized. The branch of our bank we went to is downtown in the Big City. There was a funeral/memorial or something for a fallen officer going on when we were downtown. I couldn’t find parking and when I did it was metered and I had no change, fortunately DD did. We got our business taken care of and when we were walking back to our car we were behind a mentally ill lady who was yelling at and chewing out someone who was not there. Down town is full of the mental ill. It just breaks my heart to see them. A good portion of the homeless population are mentally ill. If I were in charge, I would collect them all and put them on a nice farm. And they could have a nice room and proper nutrition and care. It is so degrading and dangerous living on the streets like that.

and then we went to Costco and spent our rebate check and now I am getting in to the chocolate covered almonds.😩😩😩 sStress does that to me.

Unfortunately,  Krissi,  many of them, given the choice, choose freedom on the streets over placement.  My law school clinic placement was doing just that.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, JoJosMom said:

Unfortunately,  Krissi,  many of them, given the choice, choose freedom on the streets over placement.  My law school clinic placement was doing just that.

I know, but.... I just don’t get it. It’s so dangerous for them and so degrading.

• Like 1

This is the 3rd time I've been roped into watching a rendition of the Alamo. I still have no idea who's who or what's going on but I've gotten pretty good at predicting the ending.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

My child is online with her Russian teacher.

It's all Greek to me.

What online class is she taking?  What age did she start?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Slache said:

This is the 3rd time I've been roped into watching a rendition of the Alamo. I still have no idea who's who or what's going on but I've gotten pretty good at predicting the ending.

I was right. Anyone wanna know the ending?

2 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

And dinner too!  

Exactly! It says you can do it with a partner and I'll bet he can eat half. I need another very immature, unhealthy participant and we can make $200.

• Like 2

I dropped dd16 off at her "Roaring 20's" themed high school formal.  She was so excited!  

I finished Por Una Cabeza last night and started on The Pizzicato Polka today.  The kids played through some of their quartet music and, after a bit of pleading, agreed to play through Por Una Cabeza with me.  'Cuz I wanted to play it.  :laugh:  So fun!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ikslo said:

What online class is she taking?  What age did she start?

She's finishing up her second year with Julia Denne, who is fabulous. She started freshman year,  but her teacher that year was...not fabulous. CLRC, who I love, offers classes, bo longer with the not fabulous teacher. But we had already started with Julia.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JoJosMom said:

CLRC is fabulous. 

I don’t think DS is old enough for those classes yet.  We’ll just have to bumble along until then.  I just got him some resources from the library to try out, so we’ll see.

He hasn’t ditched Russian yet, so that’s a plus. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I dropped dd16 off at her "Roaring 20's" themed high school formal.  She was so excited!  

I finished Por Una Cabeza last night and started on The Pizzicato Polka today.  The kids played through some of their quartet music and, after a bit of pleading, agreed to play through Por Una Cabeza with me.  'Cuz I wanted to play it.  :laugh:  So fun!

Wow!

• Like 1

Happy Friday!!  Two classes today, D&D, some cleaning the classroom since oldest dd is having her birthday party there tomorrow night.  Tomorrow morning I head off (in the rain, ugh) to Connecticut.  

• Like 3

I need book lists people!  I know you guys can come through for me.   I need good books for me to read, good books for the kids.  

Dd is 11 and a pretty slow reader.   Ds is 13 and reads pretty quickly, supposedly hates sad endings but really liked Fahrenheit 451 and is reading the Hunger Games without issues.

• Like 3