Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ok. This is the first time I dared to venture into this thread because of course it says, "IGNORE!" But I can't! So someone please explain this thread's purpose to me and if I'm REALLY supposed to ignore it. 😀

Welcome!

The thread started out as something else and then the person had her question answered and changed the title to Ignore This Thread.  There are *ahem* some people who can't follow the rules and refused to ignore.  It has morphed over the three years! that it's been going.  Now it is basically a group of homeschoolers who check in every day (or so) and we've become good friends.  We post about whatever is going on in our lives, whether it relates to homeschool or not.

Everyone is welcome, although we do have a couple of rules.  The main rule is that this is A Happy Place where no one puts anyone else down.  :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Me too!

Welcome!  

So another thing is that we often award "thank you trophies" to say congratulations or good job.

Haikus, poetry, and musical numbers are encouraged.

Also there is a strict rule against ITTers dying.  

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:
ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Welcome!

The thread started out as something else and then the person had her question answered and changed the title to Ignore This Thread.  There are *ahem* some people who can't follow the rules and refused to ignore.  It has morphed over the three years! that it's been going.  Now it is basically a group of homeschoolers who check in every day (or so) and we've become good friends.  We post about whatever is going on in our lives, whether it relates to homeschool or not.

Everyone is welcome, although we do have a couple of rules.  The main rule is that this is A Happy Place where no one puts anyone else down.  🙂

4 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Thanks! I didn't want to intrude but when I saw the post about a macaw possibly being good eating, I couldn't stop laughing! We eat our share of wild game but that's one I haven't heard of.... And now I have! 😂

Very good introduction, Junie,

And yes, Servant, you are more than welcome to stay and play. We are always happy for new people to stop by.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I had to do this tonight, too. Captain had an accident while on our bed. Blech! 

my kids do not understand that bedtime means sleep, not come into my room every 15 mins until midnight! 

If you keep a squirt gun by your bed and just continue to shoot them every time they try to come in then eventually they will stop.

• Haha 4

Apologies to all of the Astros fans here.  I am rooting for the Nationals all the way.

I rooted hard for your team a few years ago.  Gotta love Orbit (probably the best mascot in baseball), Altuve, and Verlander.

But, I'm hoping that DC gets a World Series trophy this time!  Baby Shark!

ETA:  Booyah!!  

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

How long are you going to keep me in suspense? I'm not about to sift through 3,000ish posts to find the answer. 😀

The Island is our personal and private retreat.  If anyone on ITT (Ignore this Tread) is having a bad or difficult day, someone usually calls Rocco (the Cabana boy who is always neatly dressed in pressed shorts and a spiffy polo) to fire up the chopper (one of many forms or transportation) and transport said ITTer to the Island. There are many options for recovery from a lounge chair on the beach where Rocco ( and his brother Roderigo) will give you a foot massage and pedicure whole bringing you tropical drinks (of your choice) with little umbrellas in them.  There’s also the lodge on the Island with a wrap around porch and Adirondack chairs and a huge stone fireplace inside where you can sip hot chocolate or tea and read a book and be cozy. Critter, our resident ITT author and artist, has a gallery there. Swen is our pastry chef, fully trained in Denmark....  we have a tremendous staff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Good morning!

Praying for your head, Junie!

I’m between morning service and Sunday school. Our class is on a series on aging and end-of-life decisions. Oy veh. Very informative and helpful, though. 

Which reminds me, if you are so inclined, can you pray for FIL - his broken shoulder will take a good 2 months to heal (I am guessing longer) and he relied heavily on his arms to help him with basic mobility because he has very poor balance.  

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Love the picture Bookie!  

Happy Sunday.  It's a plan classes, do laundry, maybe straighten a few things up day.   So what have I accomplished so far now that it's almost noon?  Put some clothes away that had been sitting around since last week since I need the basket, washed dishes, and read a bunch of posts on TWTM forums.   Sooooo productive.  

Still to go - that actual class planning, school planning for my kids, and all the laundry.  And maybe the straightening.  And a trip to the science center because I still haven't cleaned up from my workshop Friday and I need to figure out how to set up pendulums when I don't think the ceiling supports will support them.  

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ok. You can all laugh at me now. I JUST figured out what that little number beside my name is because I did a little investigating this morning when I realized that number somehow doubled literally overnight.

ITT does that.

• Haha 5

I am back from church. We had a guest speaker. He was good. Long sermon and a little hard to follow at times,  but he had a lot of good points.

DH is boarding now. 

Oakland is getting creamed by Green Bay.😱😢 Poor Derek.

It was foggy this morning. I don’t know what that’s all about. It never gets foggy here in October.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I always pictured Rocco in a loin cloth with little English skills.

It's BOOYA! 

#noh

Svengo. That is NOT Rocco. I should know, I made him up.🤣 Rocco is very clean cut, he is Italian, so he has an accent, but his English is perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I skipped Sunday School this morning and was able to knock down my headache.  I went to church and sang in the choir.  :)

One lady at church told me afterward that I looked "glowing and radiant" and wanted to know what my secret was.  Um, I'd like to know, too, actually.  😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Svengo. That is NOT Rocco. I should know, I made him up.🤣 Rocco is very clean cut, he is Italian, so he has an accent, but his English is perfect.

I like your Rocco better. I always had a moral problem with mine. I would never let him serve me. I was really missing out!

41 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

That’s the AFSA to you. (Another ITTism for Servant). 

I can never remember this.

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

AFSA=Walmart. Got it. Probably won't remember it though unless your tell me what the initials stand for.

A fiery surface of antifreeze. I think.

• Haha 3