Menu

What's with the ads?

We started gifting AAA memberships. "Oh, I don't want you to have to worry about that anymore.  I love getting to use the discount everywhere and when we've needed a bit of help with a tire or a battery, they've come within the hour."  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

((Prairie))  &  ((Krissi))

I think I'll get dd20 the special anniversary edition Where the Sidewalk Ends / A Light in the Attic set. I have a B&N gift card to use.  We love Shel.  Just the right amount of dementedness.  She's also getting Winnie-the-Pooh, John Donne, and George Herbert to balance things out.    :laugh:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Who the Hades' idea was it to let this boy have a rock?

It was Susan's idea. You'll need to talk to her.🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

EdPo:

We discussed ionic and covalent bonding today.

The children are drawing still lifes with oil pastels.

I feel very successful as a homeschool mom right now.

I am going to get myself a cup of COFFEE!!!!!!

• Thanks 6

I was making shepherds pie and broccoli cheddar soup while Alex separated all canned goods into mmm and no-mmm categories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Junie said:

Chicken corn soup and garlic toast for dinner.  Yum!

Now that sounds yummy!!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Slache said:

I was making shepherds pie and broccoli cheddar soup while Alex separated all canned goods into mmm and no-mmm categories.

This sounds yummy, too!!

• Like 3

I was working.  And picking up groceries.  And starting spaghetti sauce.  And putting away groceries.  And feeding dogs.  And ordering kids around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

Sorry, I was following the yellow solid line to see The Wizard. And stopped to get gas and a coffee at McDonalds so I can get home afterwards. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We are going to my Mom and Dad’s house for dinner!!

This is the yummiest!!

• Like 2

I rivered. It was peaceful, but windy. I'm waiting on someone to read my synopsis and tell me it's still garbage. I was going to use another word that Hemingway would use, but happy place. So I didn't. I had a great idea for my third book, but like all soap bubbles, it's probably going to pop when I try it out on paper. But it's a start.

• Like 8

We had tacos/burritos for dinner.  Dh took oldest dd out to look at cars.  She's looking for a new-to-her used car.   I should be working on classes but I feel very tired so instead I'm reading the prequel/other version of Hunger Games mentioned in another thread.  I like it so far, it's Haymitch's story.  

Tomorrow I don't have to do anything until 2pm D&D so I plan to do a lot of work on my classes then.  I also have all day Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 6

Everyone has either eaten or are taking care of that now.  Supper mess has been cleaned and 2 loads of laundry folded.   Bubble bath time!

Edited by myblessings4
  • Like 4

Last night's movie was The Hunt for Red October. 

Random fact: Alec Baldwin and my dc are 12th cousins.  I feel like I should invite him to Christmas or something.

#pilgrimancestors

AFAIK, we are not related to Sean Connery.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

We had tacos/burritos for dinner.  Dh took oldest dd out to look at cars.  She's looking for a new-to-her used car.   I should be working on classes but I feel very tired so instead I'm reading the prequel/other version of Hunger Games mentioned in another thread.  I like it so far, it's Haymitch's story.  

Tomorrow I don't have to do anything until 2pm D&D so I plan to do a lot of work on my classes then.  I also have all day Saturday and Sunday.

Wait, what prequel???!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renai said:

Wait, what prequel???!

I think it's like fan-fiction, but really good.  (I haven't read this or the originals....)

So, go to this thread on the chat board and scroll down to a post by someone named "Wishes"  https://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/686116-for-the-hunger-games-fans/?tab=comments#comment-8360805

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Sorry, I was following the yellow solid line to see The Wizard. And stopped to get gas and a coffee at McDonalds so I can get home afterwards. 

McDonald’s has good COFFEE!!!!~D

• Like 2

I’m back from the Parents’ House. The Flat Tire Crisis has been taken care of. Dad managed to get enough air in the tire (it had a slow leak) so Mom could drive it to the tire place (Dad doesn’t drive anymore). I picked them up there and drove them home.

DS had a math placement test at Christian School. I am really curious how he did. I signed him up for pre-algebra anyhow.

The wind is picking up again. I hate wind. My allergies are going bonkers and I have a chill.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I rivered. It was peaceful, but windy. I'm waiting on someone to read my synopsis and tell me it's still garbage. I was going to use another word that Hemingway would use, but happy place. So I didn't. I had a great idea for my third book, but like all soap bubbles, it's probably going to pop when I try it out on paper. But it's a start.

Did you ever do anything with that animal story idea you had a while ago????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

Well, I went to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. I thought about poking Slache while I was there but decided to be antisocial instead.

that is all.

• Like 8

Good morning!  It's Friday!!  Supplements!  Coffee!  Work!  School!  Workout!  Remind me to register on the school district exercise/miles competition site!  Leftovers for supper!  

Dh's team has a very important game tonight in Waco.  Praying for a win!  

• Like 7

Good morning!

So rainy today!  Dd12's garden is doing well.  Her lettuce and flower seeds have all sprouted.  She goes out to encourage them every day.  Ds14 is running a low fever - probably the short-lived thing that dd10 had a couple weeks ago.  Imma go to the bank and bring dd12 to a store to find a swim suit.  Their youth group is supposed to have a swim party tomorrow night, though it will likely be too cold and rainy for swimming. 

Coffee!

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  It's Friday!!  Supplements!  Coffee!  Work!  School!  Workout!  Remind me to register on the school district exercise/miles competition site!  Leftovers for supper!  

Dh's team has a very important game tonight in Waco.  Praying for a win!  

Am I remembering correctly that he coaches softball?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Did you ever do anything with that animal story idea you had a while ago????

It's in my ideas file, parked and waiting for me to play with it when I'm ready.

• Like 4

Morning. I'm starting out feeling a little sick, and very tired. But I have around 50 pages to read to be done, and a concept synopsis to type up and ruminate on for the weekend. Off we go!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, myblessings4 said:

Yes.  Good memory!

Ds18 played baseball for many, many years.  When you've talked about your dh coaching I thought that I remembered it was on a diamond. :)

Good luck to him and his girls!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

It’s DD2’s 10th Birthday today!!!🎂 Now I only have one child in the single digits. Her birthday party is tomorrow. I have a ton of stuff to do for it today, including a mega-trip to the Afsa.😩

• Like 5

Happy Nirthday to Krissi's DD!

Stealth copter, come and fetch me. I need a break, and some Extremely Foolish Person didn't really schedule one until June. (Spring break doesn't count because peopling-in-lieu-of-school is not a break for me.)

Okay, maybe I'll have a cup of tea or something. It's a bit soon for second coffee.

• Like 5

Happy Nirthday!

I'm going to do some of these with my anti-dance kids today:

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. I'm starting out feeling a little sick, and very tired. But I have around 50 pages to read to be done, and a concept synopsis to type up and ruminate on for the weekend. Off we go!

Have your kids done the NaNoWriMo journals?

• Like 2

The kids always spell what they want so they don't get the baby excited and lately I've been having a lot of these conversations...

Alex: Watch S-O-Z-G?
Me: You want to watch Signing Time?
Alex: No. Watch B-Y-V-H?
Me: You want to watch The Magic School Bus?
Alex: Yeah!

And he's all irritated that I didn't get the first time. Like "Why is Mama so bad at spelling?"

• Haha 6

Happy Friday!  Did I already say that?  I can't remember if I already posted this morning or not and I'm too lazy to go look.

It's 1pm and we should be heading out the door very very shortly to go to the science center for D&D.   I still haven't done any finalizing of my class plans but I did go to Home Science Tools and Amazon and bought a bunch of stuff I need for the upcoming session, so that counts right?

I almost cancelled my kids night out since I don't have anyone registered but sometimes I get people that don't let me know they're coming and I figured I might as well go hang out there for an hour waiting to see if anyone shows.  If they do, I get paid and I still can work on my classes or setting up school while I'm there.  

• Like 4

Dr. ITT, please diagnose my lower back pain/ache.  I never have back problems.  It started maybe Saturday.  I thought maybe it had to do with the UTI, but that's gone and the ache continues.  It's a little worse each day, but I wouldn't call it real pain yet.  Just ache.  Enough information?  I knew I could count on you!

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dr. ITT, please diagnose my lower back pain/ache.  I never have back problems.  It started maybe Saturday.  I thought maybe it had to do with the UTI, but that's gone and the ache continues.  It's a little worse each day, but I wouldn't call it real pain yet.  Just ache.  Enough information?  I knew I could count on you!

Oh dear!  I would be concerned about the UTI-Kidney connection.  Primarily since you weren't symptom heavy on the UTI, kwim?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I was going to suggest pregnancy, but then Lynn got all serious...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1